or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Screens › DNP 08-85, BD 1.4 or BD 0.8 for light controlled bat cave
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DNP 08-85, BD 1.4 or BD 0.8 for light controlled bat cave

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
I just bought the JVC RS-56 and I want to achieve the best possible black level. At the moment I own a standard 1.0gain fixed frame screen 92'' horizontal. I want to have decent contrast and 'ultimate black levels'. Should I go for the DNP 08-85, BD 1.4 or BD0.8? I don t want hotspotting problems. My projector lens is almost perfect centered aimed at the middle of my screen, both vertical and horizontal.
Also watching 3D content from time to time with the active shutter glasses that came with the RS-56.
My room is a complete light controlled bat cave with EVERYTHING painted inky dark.
post #2 of 5
In a bat cave such as yours, I would either go with a gray screen, 1.0 unity gain white screen, or if you want the 3D to pop, go with a DaLite HIgh Power 2.8 gain.

The DNP nor BD were designed for a bat cave, and will introduce image problems that you don't need to introduce with your ideal setup of a pitch black room.
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post

In a bat cave such as yours, I would either go with a gray screen, 1.0 unity gain white screen, or if you want the 3D to pop, go with a DaLite HIgh Power 2.8 gain.
The DNP nor BD were designed for a bat cave, and will introduce image problems that you don't need to introduce with your ideal setup of a pitch black room.

What about a room with only side sconces on during tv/sports?
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post

What about a room with only side sconces on during tv/sports?

With side lighting, BD is your best choice, although the DNP will do ok here as well. DNP has better control over image problems such as hotspotting, viewing angles, sparkles and so on, but the BD handles side lighting better.
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post

With side lighting, BD is your best choice, although the DNP will do ok here as well. DNP has better control over image problems such as hotspotting, viewing angles, sparkles and so on, but the BD handles side lighting better.

Thank you! I need to go see if the sparkles is going to drive me nuts. That's the only complaint I hear about BD.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Screens
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Screens › DNP 08-85, BD 1.4 or BD 0.8 for light controlled bat cave