or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Pioneer Elite SC-65/SC-1527-K Owners Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Pioneer Elite SC-65/SC-1527-K Owners Thread. - Page 11

post #301 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muphasta View Post

2, unable to connect to the internet. I do have a valid IP address from my router, and I am able to ping from my computer, as well as see my computer music files from the rcvr.

and on this, make sure you press the NET button on the remote and select Media Server as the source if you are trying to play files on a PC.

then, you'll need to use a media player, Windows Media Player 11/12, or similar media player/server with DLNA cert. Players like J River, Media Monkey, foobar etc should work fine. you are playing the file using a media player on the PC not the receiver playing them all by itself.

you can directly access files on a USB drive and play them by using the receiver.

suggest you read pages 59 - 63 in your manual smile.gif

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01
LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

and if you are already doing these things, then you'd need to supply more info to help diagnose this.
post #302 of 372

Thank you for the suggestions. I shall try them out. 

post #303 of 372

Ok, I've gone through the manual and I'm still unable to access the net. I've not tried anything w/the opt-1 or 2 input for the Tivo. Regardless, I can ping the receiver from the computer, the receiver picks up a valid IP, gateway, and DNS addresses. I just keep getting "Server Error" messages. 

post #304 of 372

question... I was able to connect to SiriusXM through the computer/Pioneer link, but I still cannot do Pandora. IN order to do pandora, do I need an account that I pay for or will a free account work?

post #305 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muphasta View Post

question... I was able to connect to SiriusXM through the computer/Pioneer link, but I still cannot do Pandora. IN order to do pandora, do I need an account that I pay for or will a free account work?

A free account is all you need. If you want no commercials and a higher quality, then you can upgrade to Pandora One.
post #306 of 372
You will not get higher quality on Pandora One account on any devices. That is desktop PC only feature. All AVRs are limited to 128kbps max. Free account has a limitation on how many hours you can listen to each month IIRC.
post #307 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

You will not get higher quality on Pandora One account on any devices. That is desktop PC only feature. All AVRs are limited to 128kbps max. Free account has a limitation on how many hours you can listen to each month IIRC.

It's a crazy world where my Denon AVR 1913 plays 320k MP3.s off of my local network. Its obviously not limited to 128kbps...
post #308 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

It's a crazy world where my Denon AVR 1913 plays 320k MP3.s off of my local network. Its obviously not limited to 128kbps...

It doesn't matter what fancy AVR you have. Pandora server will only send 128kbps songs to you. It has been discussed here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1510366/why-does-denon-limit-the-built-in-pandora-to-128kbs-bad-if-youre-a-pandora-one-customer
post #309 of 372
What are the chances that Spotify will be added to the SC-65 via a firmware update?
post #310 of 372

I have my sc 1527 in the basement theatre room, set up as a 5.1 with zone 2 playing in my shower. I would like to send a preamp signal out to my Sony stereo upstairs so I can listen to the Pioneers internet radio stations upstairs. Where can I pull a signal from this amp to send a signal upstairs via rca cables. I tried the DVR out ports and all I can recieve upstairs is fm radio. I would really like to hear internet radio and USB signals on the receiver upstairs. Any ideas on how to configure/wire this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post #311 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

It doesn't matter what fancy AVR you have. Pandora server will only send 128kbps songs to you. It has been discussed here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1510366/why-does-denon-limit-the-built-in-pandora-to-128kbs-bad-if-youre-a-pandora-one-customer

I know the pioneer elites have a feature called Advanced Sound Retriever which restores WMA/MP3/AAC and network content such as pandora that are compressed thus improving the overall sound which they say is equal to or greater than CD quality which is about 320 Kbps. I can definitely hear the difference when the feature is turned on vs off.

[...] For a video on this feature go to youtube and type Pioneer AV receivers - Auto Sound Retriever

Or click here http://youtu.be/syJZJLU3Pj4
post #312 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porfie View Post

I know the pioneer elites have a feature called Advanced Sound Retriever which restores WMA/MP3/AAC and network content such as pandora that are compressed thus improving the overall sound which they say is equal to or greater than CD quality which is about 320 Kbps. I can definitely hear the difference when the feature is turned on vs off.

[...] For a video on this feature go to youtube and type Pioneer AV receivers - Auto Sound Retriever

Or click here http://youtu.be/syJZJLU3Pj4

That's not the point. The point is even if you paid Pandora One subscription to get a higher quality stream, you won't get it. Imagine if you do get 192kbps stream vs 128kbps stream you get now. Any post processing will sure make it sounds better than the 128kbps version.

I've tried Sound Retriever and it's so so IMO. It is like watching a standard definition DVD upscale to 1080p. It is slightly better but it will not make it anywhere near watch a 1080p Blu Ray movie.
post #313 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

That's not the point. The point is even if you paid Pandora One subscription to get a higher quality stream, you won't get it. Imagine if you do get 192kbps stream vs 128kbps stream you get now. Any post processing will sure make it sounds better than the 128kbps version.

I've tried Sound Retriever and it's so so IMO. It is like watching a standard definition DVD upscale to 1080p. It is slightly better but it will not make it anywhere near watch a 1080p Blu Ray movie.

It may not be the point your looking for, but it still does make the sound better than without it. You feel it's so and so, but I can clearly hear a difference. Either way too each his own, but I'm glad it's an option that I have rather than nothing.
post #314 of 372
If the 1527-k is only 130x9 watt , why does it come out of he box with a sticker that says "Class D 170x9 watt"

Also does this unit do Bi Amping ?
post #315 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16484067 View Post

If the 1527-k is only 130x9 watt , why does it come out of he box with a sticker that says "Class D 170x9 watt"

Also does this unit do Bi Amping ?

Amplifier section
Continuous average power output*
8 ohm speakers .............................................................................................................................................130 W** per channel
6 ohm speakers ...........................................................................................................................................170 W*** per channel
* Measured pursuant to the Federal Trade Commission’s Trade Regulation rule on Power Output Claims for Amplifiers ** 1 kHz with no more than 0.08 %**** total harmonic distortion
*** 1 kHz with no more than 1 %**** total harmonic distortion
**** Measured by Audio Spectrum Analyzer
Multi channel simultaneous power output (1 kHz, 1 %, 8 ohm)
9 ch total.............................................................................................................................................................720 W
Continuous Power Output (1 kHz, 8 ohm, 0.08 %)
Front ................................................................................................................................................... 130 W + 130 W Center .................................................................................................................................................................130 W Surround ............................................................................................................................................ 130 W + 130 W Surround back ................................................................................................................................... 130 W + 130 W Front height/Front wide ..................................................................................................................... 130 W + 130 W
Continuous Power Output (1 kHz, 6 ohm, 1.0 %)
Front ................................................................................................................................................... 170 W + 170 W Center .................................................................................................................................................................170 W Surround ............................................................................................................................................ 170 W + 170 W Surround back ................................................................................................................................... 170 W + 170 W Front height/Front wide ..................................................................................................................... 170 W + 170 W
Continuous Power Output (1 kHz, 4 ohm, 1.0 %)
Front ................................................................................................................................................... 210 W + 210 W Center .................................................................................................................................................................210 W Surround ............................................................................................................................................ 210 W + 210 W Surround back ................................................................................................................................... 210 W + 210 W Front height/Front wide ..................................................................................................................... 210 W + 210 W
Total harmonic distortion ........................................................................................ 0.04 % (1 kHz, 110 W + 110 W, 8 W) Guaranteed speaker impedance..................................................................................................................... 4 ohm to 16 ohm
Edited by Porfie - 1/21/14 at 9:11pm
post #316 of 372
And.... This all means? I see 200+ wattage also I'm kinda confused are there settings to produce higher watts per Chanel?
post #317 of 372
It means that depending on your speakers whether they be 6 ohm 8ohm that will determine how many watts the system will give you
post #318 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porfie View Post

It means that depending on your speakers whether they be 6 ohm 8ohm that will determine how many watts the system will give you
Sorry about the w i copied it from the manual it should read ohm instead of a w I updated it.
post #319 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porfie View Post

It may not be the point your looking for, but it still does make the sound better than without it. You feel it's so and so, but I can clearly hear a difference. Either way too each his own, but I'm glad it's an option that I have rather than nothing.

Yes, but you're comparing apples and oranges. The SRS restores dynamic range, but it cannot restore what is lost by the low bit rate. Having said that, Pandora sounds pretty good to me no matter where I play it. In my setup, I don't play Pandora from the Pioneer - I play it from my Blu-ray player (OPPO). Much better UI. And it's probably not going through SRS when I do that, but it sounds fine to me (and I'm an ex-recording engineer.)
post #320 of 372
Is the 1527-k capable to bi amp the center speaker ? My q600 seems to have Bi amp , but I can't find the center bi amp in the manual
post #321 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

Yes, but you're comparing apples and oranges. The SRS restores dynamic range, but it cannot restore what is lost by the low bit rate. Having said that, Pandora sounds pretty good to me no matter where I play it. In my setup, I don't play Pandora from the Pioneer - I play it from my Blu-ray player (OPPO). Much better UI. And it's probably not going through SRS when I do that, but it sounds fine to me (and I'm an ex-recording engineer.)

As long as it sounds good that's what matters.
post #322 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16484067 View Post

Is the 1527-k capable to bi amp the center speaker ? My q600 seems to have Bi amp , but I can't find the center bi amp in the manual


On page 20 and 22 it explains how to bi amp but you can only bi amp the front left and right speakers
post #323 of 372
Yeah that is what I thought to, just making sure I did not miss something
post #324 of 372

Now I have another issue, I think I'll need to return this, unless someone can figure it out.

 

So, I turn the unit off, and the next time I turn attempt to turn it on w/the (Harmony) remote, nothing happens. I press the power button on the front of the unit, and it comes on, but no output. Nothing happens when I try to change the input w/the remote, nothing happens if I try anything w/the remote.

 

Is there a fix other than returning it? (I have 45 days from purchase date to return)

 

Any advice?

post #325 of 372

Have you accidently switched to Zone 2 , or Speakers 2, i would try the tuneing wizzord , and test tones befor returning the Unit 

post #326 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16484067 View Post
 

Have you accidently switched to Zone 2 , or Speakers 2, i would try the tuneing wizzord , and test tones befor returning the Unit 

Only thing I did was turn it off. When I go to turn it on, powers on, but no output. I reach back, unplug the power, plug it in, powers on just fine and everything works.

post #327 of 372

Yes but , Look at the display panel of the Unit and check for "Speaker 2" "zone 2" ... sometimes the harmony universal remote does odd things like when you press a button it gives off two signols , you can update the remote on the website... but check the frount to see if evrything looks correct. 

post #328 of 372

Have enjoyed my sc1527K for six months now but need help.

 

Ran MACC for only the first time the other day and was not getting any subwoofer volume after the program ran. So, I chose a memory setting that had all 0's in an attempt to get back to default sound. Worked for a few days and now, I get no subwoofer sound. When I touch the plugs i do hear the loud thump but no base...I hope I am at fault here and not the system. Any thoughts or suggestions? Can I reset to factory settings if I screwed something up?

 

Also, at about the same time, my remote does not let me get to home page. I can choose sat / dvd etc but I cannot get to the home page. I lower the front panel to try to adjust settings as my "arrows' on the remote do not work either...can I reset the remote? Any help is greatly appreciated.

post #329 of 372
For the sub woofer , change the speaker setting front speaker to small, this will activate the LFE Channel


And for the other problem hit the raciever button on your remote to select menue and other settings controles
post #330 of 372

Thank you sooo much...with the superbowl tomorrow i was really stressed! Thank you!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Pioneer Elite SC-65/SC-1527-K Owners Thread.