or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Epson 5020UB Owners Thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epson 5020UB Owners Thread... - Page 33

post #961 of 1270
I just returned the 900RF. I have other harmony remotes, never an issue. The one sent to me was stuck at a white screen - apparently an issue once the controller decides to go dead.

As for a surge protector I ordered this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006B81D/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item
Anyone know if it is any good?
post #962 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldown768 View Post

I just returned the 900RF. I have other harmony remotes, never an issue. The one sent to me was stuck at a white screen - apparently an issue once the controller decides to go dead.

As for a surge protector I ordered this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006B81D/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item
Anyone know if it is any good?
I would suggest a surge protector with battery back up. This will ensure that you can properly shut down your projector if you ever lose power. Your lamp needs to be cooled down after you power it down.
post #963 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldown768 View Post

I got my 5020 up and running. I had a few questions

1) Do people cover their fixed screens with anything? Or just leave them be?

2) How about a surge protector for the ceiling outlet? i have been using these http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-5280-W-Suppressor-Receptacle-Industrial/dp/B0006I33Y6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379448002&sr=8-1&keywords=surge+outlet

3) What type of RF remote are people using for hidden AV equipment
i have a URC mx-950 (880 is a nice new unit)
post #964 of 1270
I demoed a 5020 today in an HT store in Macon Ga.
Everything looked great but when I got home I happened to think it had more judder/motion blur, but I may have imagined it.
I currently have a JVC but am wanting to change to go to a larger screen and the JVC just doesn't put out enough lite.
Anyone know if I need to worry about this, I am very susceptible to judder.

Thanks for any help.
post #965 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post

I demoed a 5020 today in an HT store in Macon Ga.
Everything looked great but when I got home I happened to think it had more judder/motion blur, but I may have imagined it.
I currently have a JVC but am wanting to change to go to a larger screen and the JVC just doesn't put out enough lite.
Anyone know if I need to worry about this, I am very susceptible to judder.

Thanks for any help.

IT IS NOT THE PJ - it was the SOURCE DEVICE.
post #966 of 1270
I've noticed this when I watch Directv but not Blu-ray. He's right. It's the source and not the projector.
post #967 of 1270
Yes, I was watching Direct TV and have Dish at home.

I also have been doing some research and it seems LCOS (my JVC) and LCD are about the same on this.

If only there was a high lite output under $3000 DLP equal to those, if there is I have been unable to find it.

Thanks for the responses.
post #968 of 1270
No motion blur on the 5020 that I have seen. My Sony 60" LCD XBR is "eat up" with motion blur. Not so with the 5020 - it is comparable to my plasma.
post #969 of 1270
Speaking of motion blur, I think the my 5020 has pretty good motion but putting on Frame Interpolation (which I usually absolutely hate for movies) on low with the Epson is pretty dam good. I may try the CFI for a while and see how it looks, it does seem to add some of the soap opera effect but this is the best i've seen as far as a combination of film look and better motion without looking too creepy.
post #970 of 1270
OK, thanks guys.
Put my JVC up for sale.

Moto
post #971 of 1270
Has anyone noticed a difference in sync on their 5020's when switching between 1080p24 and 1080p60 sources? I have my Blu-ray player set to direct out (no conversion) and my processor set to "through" (no conversion)- since I mostly play movies at 1080p24 my delay was calibrated (using the "Wow" disc) for those. But when I put in a concert video, whether it be 1080p/60 or 1080i/60 I have to reduce my delay (less delay) for those discs. Anyone else noticed that?
post #972 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post

I demoed a 5020 today in an HT store in Macon Ga.
Everything looked great but when I got home I happened to think it had more judder/motion blur, but I may have imagined it.
I currently have a JVC but am wanting to change to go to a larger screen and the JVC just doesn't put out enough lite.
Anyone know if I need to worry about this, I am very susceptible to judder.

Thanks for any help.

It is not source material it is the projector. It has very bad judder/motion blur with camera panning. It is so bad that it makes me almost sick watching it. Does it on directv and blu rays. One of the many problems with this projector.
post #973 of 1270
i was able to get my convergence dialed in to PERFECT! (imo)

thanks lgreis!


before


after
post #974 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlp336 View Post

i was able to get my convergence dialed in to PERFECT! (imo)

thanks lgreis!

That looks great... is there a good guide on how to do that? Mine looks average but might want to try adjusting it.
post #975 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDextreme View Post

That looks great... is there a good guide on how to do that? Mine looks average but might want to try adjusting it.


from our convo.
Quote:
youll need to Activate the lcd alignment and in the red and blue put 8 to the right ( 1 full pixel) (vertical if i remember!) in the four corners and it will be almost spot on!

The magic number is 8 that is 1 full pixel, i already tested and you could also test. If you put an inferior or superior number you split the pixel and the image become blured, by the picture you have a misconvergence of 1 pixel of the red and blue panels to the left so you have to converge 1 full pixel to the right on both panels. In lcd alighment to do this you have to put an 8 on the horizontal alignement in the 4 corners on both panels, red and blue

i may try to pull the b down vertically 1 pix but im very happy
post #976 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM250 View Post

It is not source material it is the projector. It has very bad judder/motion blur with camera panning. It is so bad that it makes me almost sick watching it. Does it on directv and blu rays. One of the many problems with this projector.

Are you referring to the JVC or the 5020?
post #977 of 1270
After lots of research I've pretty much decided on upgrading from my HD1000u to this projector sometime in the coming weeks.

Can anyone tell me though how the 1) motion and 2) sharpness will be on the 5020 compared to the HD1000? I've only ever had a DLP projector so I'm not sure what to expect going to LCD.

I ask about the motion especially because of KTM250's posts.
post #978 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettmoore View Post

After lots of research I've pretty much decided on upgrading from my HD1000u to this projector sometime in the coming weeks.

Can anyone tell me though how the 1) motion and 2) sharpness will be on the 5020 compared to the HD1000? I've only ever had a DLP projector so I'm not sure what to expect going to LCD.

I ask about the motion especially because of KTM250's posts.

DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD KTM250 Says.
He is a TROUBLE MAKER for some other Vendor.


I will be Reporting him to ADMINS
post #979 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettmoore View Post

After lots of research I've pretty much decided on upgrading from my HD1000u to this projector sometime in the coming weeks.

Can anyone tell me though how the 1) motion and 2) sharpness will be on the 5020 compared to the HD1000? I've only ever had a DLP projector so I'm not sure what to expect going to LCD.

I ask about the motion especially because of KTM250's posts.

I don't have anything to compare to but my DLP mitsu 73 TV but I think the motion is very good not as good as my DLP TV but I didn't really notice a difference until I really started looking for it. Sharpness I think is better than my mitsu, I do have a darbee installed though which really helps the picture pop out but I love the sharpness of the Epson.
post #980 of 1270
I thought maybe I needed to do some LCD alignment but taking a really close look and a pic from my phone I think mine is pretty good. If I really zoom in on the pic I can see some purple outlining but nothing in the white of the text, I am wondering if I should even bother messing with it.
post #981 of 1270

Is this normal? I cleaned with a lens pen and still looks like this
Edited by alamez - 9/18/13 at 6:13pm
post #982 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamez View Post


Is this normal? I cleaned with a lens pen and still looks like this

Looks the same as mine
post #983 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTI View Post

Looks the same as mine
Looks like there dust in there too
post #984 of 1270
What's the best way to clean the lens? I have the dust pen from amazon.
post #985 of 1270
What do you think guys...send it back or do the lcd adjustment?

post #986 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinemadream View Post

What do you think guys...send it back or do the lcd adjustment?



worth a try if you use method above..
doesnt look like you focused at all .
post #987 of 1270
Think it is my camera :P I will try to align the panels...

Think its pretty bad, when I cast a shadow on a white image I can see red and green around it :/
post #988 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyJonesBSME View Post

I have a question about watching 3D Blu-Rays.

I'm thinking of buying a 3D, Blu-Ray, DVD, Ultra-Violet combo pack. I have a friend who wants to split the cost.

If I only keep the 3D Blu-Ray, can I watch it in 2D format with the same Blu-Ray quality?



That's a great question Jeff.

Yes...you can watch your 3D Blu-ray in 2D with this projector. Just turn off 3D using your remote.
post #989 of 1270
Wouldn't turning off 3d, just turn off the IR/RF emitter?
I would think the projector would still display the 3d image which will look blurry to someone not using the glasses since its 2 images over layed with each other.
post #990 of 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdejose View Post

Wouldn't turning off 3d, just turn off the IR/RF emitter?
I would think the projector would still display the 3d image which will look blurry to someone not using the glasses since its 2 images over layed with each other.

Since no one answered the question for me, I decided to test it myself.

If you just turn off the projector's 3D mode, it displayed a perfectly clear 2D picture.

I only tested it with one 3D Blu-ray.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Epson 5020UB Owners Thread...