I have a couple of questions about the receiver:
- Does it appear as an airplay destination when it is in standby mode? Or can it be configured to do so?
- If yes on previous question: Can I start “air playing” to it when in standby and it will automatically wake up and switch to airplay source, without me having to do it manually?
- Can you make it autostart and switch source when receiving signal from another source, like digital/optical in or HDMI?
- Can you show video from 1 HDMI port and at the same time play audio from airplay?
- And/or audio from another HDMI port or an audio only port (digital in for example)?
- Can you turn it on from standby in the app?
If you know the answer to any of these questions I'd be very grateful for an answer! Thanks!
2. Yes, just tested it with Pandora and Music app from iphone 5 works perfect. (Keep in mind, and I didn't know this that airplay only works for audio files, not movies or pictures)
3.Its supposed to support CEC (I think that is what its called but I have not been able to get it to work, with DirectTV, PS3, Xbox).
4.Don't understand this one. You want to say be watching a movie on HDMI and playing airplay at the same time? If so I don't think so. I know you can be watching a movie and send airplay to the Zone 2 speakers.
6. Yes, its very cool. As long as you are on a "WiFi" connection you can turn it on. I was able to sign on wifi at a hotel then vpn in to my home network and turn the receiver on, it gave my wife quite a scare. It was perfect!