1. To my eyes this does not look like a next gen game. I understand that they developed it with the PS3 and 360 in mind but come on - Battlefield looks so much better.
2. Playing MP on 'normal' feels much like playing on Hardcore - pretty much one hit and you're dead.
3. Lots and lots of campers and getting hit from across the map.
4. It apparently takes a few clips to take out a dog but only one bullet to take out his master.
5. The spawn kills are horrible.
1. Launch titles are never representative of what a console is capable of period (even as beautiful as Ryse is). Has been the case since the dawn of home gaming, from Atari forward. In my opinion, it looks better than COD:Black Ops 2 which is the last of the COD series released on last gen. Playability, controls and effects are much more improved and I'm loving the slide over the dive! They will come around guaranteed, the developers are just learning to code for it. Plus for me it's not what it's showing now, but what it CAN do in the short/long term in presentation. I'm geeked about the potential!
2. Feels about the same as last gen to me, once I know I'm being shot, I still have time to react with return fire (sometimes actually killing my pursuer).
3. Always been the case in all COD games, that's how they play you have to adjust. I don't knock anyone's strategy because truthfully whatever it takes, in love, war and video games. It's not cheating, it's just not as 'active' or 'aggressive' as you would like. I'd suggest you get you friends list up and play custom games.
5. Pretty much on par with the previous generations.
I've been really digging on Extinction and I'm looking forward to the next iteration in the DLC (if they bring changes to Extinction at all). The maps on MP are expansive!! LOL I miss the small, close quarter combat in small maps, I'll get used to it I'm sure but it makes for a slightly slower paced games because you're running around just looking for people half the time.
I still play through campaign mode and so far it's been a little slow, I just finished the Clockwork campaign and it's starting to pick up and become more engaging, but not bad so far, I'll reserve final judgment for after I complete the entire campaign to see how it panned out.
I'm loving the whole next gen experience.