or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › NFL 2013 Playoffs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NFL 2013 Playoffs - Page 3

post #61 of 232
go niners

best broadcast of the weekend was pats v. texans via local cbs rebroadcast by dish. not all the cameras were stellar, but they had 2 i remember that had terrific pq.
saturdays cbs game was nowhere near as sterling. did they have their "a" unit in boston?
post #62 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemannyr View Post

My problems on WCBS-DT are compression artifacts and video grain during any camera moment on the field cams..
There's macroblocking on the closeup shots with any camera movement.

Same here on KDBC TV 4 in El Paso.. just horrible macro blocking all around while on KFOX TV doesn't seem that much.. I had to change channel and watch the Denver game on the Mexican carrier..

Same thing happened on Sunday's Pats-Texas but I stopped watching after the Pats were 3 scores above..
post #63 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

did they have their "a" unit in boston?

Yes. The same crew will do the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl.
post #64 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by rviele View Post

what excuse is mr, bellyache going to give this year when baltimore beats his butt.

No bogus replacement refs this time. The accessory to murder plays his last game Sunday.
post #65 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmv123 View Post

Yes. The same crew will do the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl.


Yeah!!!
Better than anything fox will be serving
post #66 of 232
Bickering removed. Infractions issued.
post #67 of 232
i certainly hope that you issued an infraction to the other person also
post #68 of 232
what times are each game sunday?
post #69 of 232

1:00 PM Eastern: SF vs Atl

4:30 PM Eastern: Balt vs NE

post #70 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post

1:00 PM Eastern: SF vs Atl
4:30 PM Eastern: Balt vs NE

3:00et sf/atl
6:30et bal/ne

Its only been this way for 10 years. rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif
post #71 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post

1:00 PM Eastern: SF vs Atl
4:30 PM Eastern: Balt vs NE

Sorry that is wrong. The game times are 3:00 and 6:30 PM. Remember the NFL moved the game times to take advantage of prime time.
post #72 of 232
It's mind bogging that they dont embrace primetime more. 6 isn't primetime. Should put a game on Saturday night and one on Sunday night, which they wanted to do but the competition nixed it because a team might only get a 6 day week to prepare. Meanwhile as it is now the teams that won this past Saturday now get an extra day to prepare.
post #73 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

It's mind bogging that they dont embrace primetime more. 6 isn't primetime. Should put a game on Saturday night and one on Sunday night, which they wanted to do but the competition nixed it because a team might only get a 6 day week to prepare. Meanwhile as it is now the teams that won this past Saturday now get an extra day to prepare.

No way -- saturday nite sux.

The saturday nite divisional games are almost always lower rated than even the 1:00 sunday game.

This year 16.9 v 19.3 --- last year 18.5 to 19.0 -- year before that 17.0 to 19.1 -- year before that 17.0 to 22.0.
Edited by dcowboy7 - 1/15/13 at 4:44pm
post #74 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post

1:00 PM Eastern: SF vs Atl

4:30 PM Eastern: Balt vs NE

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post

1:00 PM Eastern: SF vs Atl
4:30 PM Eastern: Balt vs NE

3:00et sf/atl
6:30et bal/ne

Its only been this way for 10 years. rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmking12370 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post

1:00 PM Eastern: SF vs Atl
4:30 PM Eastern: Balt vs NE

Sorry that is wrong. The game times are 3:00 and 6:30 PM. Remember the NFL moved the game times to take advantage of prime time.

Apparently my conversion from Central time to Eastern time went a little awry.

post #75 of 232
In honor of the football season.


post #76 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

It's mind bogging that they dont embrace primetime more. 6 isn't primetime. Should put a game on Saturday night and one on Sunday night, which they wanted to do but the competition nixed it because a team might only get a 6 day week to prepare. Meanwhile as it is now the teams that won this past Saturday now get an extra day to prepare.

I just with the Superbowl was on Sunday (Edit: Saturday). My wife always tries to get me to go to her parents for the superbowl which is an hour away, despite me being the biggest football fan in the family and having the best tv. Not a fun ride home at 10pm when you have to get up for work the next day.
Edited by drhill - 1/17/13 at 7:48am
post #77 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhill View Post

I just with the Superbowl was on Sunday. My wife always tries to get me to go to her parents for the superbowl which is an hour away, despite me being the biggest football fan in the family and having the best tv. Not a fun ride home at 10pm when you have to get up for work the next day.
It is on sunday - me thinx you mean saturday ?

Wont happen cause as mentioned above the ratings on saturday nite wont be as good as sunday nite.
post #78 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhill View Post

I just with the Superbowl was on Sunday. My wife always tries to get me to go to her parents for the superbowl which is an hour away, despite me being the biggest football fan in the family and having the best tv. Not a fun ride home at 10pm when you have to get up for work the next day.
It is on sunday - me thinx you mean saturday ?

Wont happen cause as mentioned above the ratings on saturday nite wont be as good as sunday nite.

Oops. Sorry. Saturday.

And the ratings thing is absolute BS. The Superbowl is a national holiday in this country. The ratings will be no worse.
post #79 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhill View Post

Oops. Sorry. Saturday.

And the ratings thing is absolute BS. The Superbowl is a national holiday in this country. The ratings will be no worse.

Your saturday theory has more holes in it than Manti Teo's story.
post #80 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

Your saturday theory has more holes in it than Manti Teo's story.

But not as many holes as the Dallas defense. And the SB could be on any day of the week and still grab the same ratings.
post #81 of 232
nice football game last nite hope everyone watched it.
post #82 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by rviele View Post

nice football game last nite hope everyone watched it.
picture quality wise cbs wins. As for audio its a tie. Hope the super bowl has great quality that cbs is known for. Ill be watching the pro bowl because eli is in it. Maybe nbc will broadcast it in 5.1 this time.
post #83 of 232
who is going to win the superbowl and by how much?
post #84 of 232
My business associate Mr Wu does not like San Francisco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN5cCiXt6IM

Warning: NSFW
post #85 of 232
should be a good broadcast as i'm sure cbs will do their finest hd.
usually the networks go all out to try and send out a pristeen broadcast.

getting tired of phils simms though, the master of directing attention to the obvious]

time for he and aikman to move on and get some fresh color guys on.

ravens mauled n.e. in 2nd half

a little scary for us niner fans...
post #86 of 232
CBS always goes all-out with their SB broadcast.. I think I remember an article before their last broadcast that they would be sending the game to their affiliates at the highest bit-rate ever. Should look exceptionally good through a CBS O/O, broadcast OTA... If I remember the S. Dome has marginal lighting, maybe that has been improved with their on-going renovations. Agree on Phil. "master of the obvious" Simms. He is just terrible
Edited by Ray Lucca - 1/25/13 at 8:43am
post #87 of 232
post #88 of 232
that's the same story they have been putting out for years. go back to sleep reginald.
post #89 of 232
Ray murdered or contributed to the murder of two people. And then he did his best to hide all the evidence of it. Innocent men don't throw away suits. Doesn't change his accomplishments on the first, but conversely his accomplishments on the field don't change the fact that two people are dead in part due to him. Let's just hope he doesn't murder anyone over the next week or two.
post #90 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Ray murdered or contributed to the murder of two people. And then he did his best to hide all the evidence of it. Innocent men don't throw away suits. Doesn't change his accomplishments on the first, but conversely his accomplishments on the field don't change the fact that two people are dead in part due to him. Let's just hope he doesn't murder anyone over the next week or two.

He did not murder anyone. He acted to obstruct the investigation into his peeps who committed the crime.

I too hope that he doesn't go postal and murder anyone before the big game providing a distraction.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › NFL 2013 Playoffs