or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Pb12-nsd or dual pb-1000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pb12-nsd or dual pb-1000

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Help me choose single pb12-nsd or dual pb1000. Room is about 3000 cubic feet .
Thanks
post #2 of 26
Dual PB-1000s. Plenty of output, plus FR smoothing at the listening position that, generally-speaking, is a benefit of duals.
post #3 of 26
...............+1 ^^^
post #4 of 26
Thread Starter 
Thank just want to make the write decision. Can't wait
post #5 of 26
One PB12-NSD now, adding a second PB12-NSD in the future. I always like having the option to upgrade.
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT322 View Post

One PB12-NSD now, adding a second PB12-NSD in the future. I always like having the option to upgrade.

+1.

the pb12 NSD is a much better built subwoofer than the pb1000. its built with a much better driver(top in class peerless driver), much better amp and better electronics. Sure, the only reason the dual pb1000's will be better is because, well... there are 2 of them versus 1 pb12 NSD biggrin.gif

its your call, i would take one PB12 NSD, it has more output then u will ever want, if u do want more output, u can get a second one down the road biggrin.gifwink.gif The FR shouldn't be an issue with one subwoofer because if u a receiver with audyssey it will EQ it for u and u shouldn't even be able to tell the location of the sub.
post #7 of 26
Thread Starter 
I think. I like the dual pb-1000 idea.
post #8 of 26
thats cool, go for it. p.s you should kno that the dual pb1000 wont dig as deep as a single pb12, just so u know before u pull the trigger.
post #9 of 26
Thread Starter 
Pb1000 with hit 19hrz or lower with room gain? How low does the pb12 go? I want punch in the chest lol
post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregger72 View Post

Pb1000 with hit 19hrz or lower with room gain? How low does the pb12 go? I want punch in the chest lol

The Svs site brands the PB12-NSD as going only 1hz lower.
post #11 of 26
Thread Starter 
Yes that's what I thought..
post #12 of 26
thats what SVS states but iv read posts where people measured the pb12 hitting down to 16hz! its a beast biggrin.gif thats just awesome.

how much are 2 pb1000s going to cost u, 950? that is a good deal.
post #13 of 26
Yeah, there are always room factors that play a role. Calm down Lamonsasa, I know you love your sub. biggrin.gif
post #14 of 26
FYI I am getting very usable output down to 14hz with my pb12. And still output at 12hz just not very loud 65db
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregger72 View Post

I think. I like the dual pb-1000 idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

thats cool, go for it. p.s you should kno that the dual pb1000 wont dig as deep as a single pb12, just so u know before u pull the trigger.

Definitely go with a pair of PB12-NSD's if you can. The two PB-1000's will give better room performance than one PB12-NSD but as suggested above, two PB12-NSD's is the better or "smarter" way to go. Nobody who buys quality looks back at the acquisition, saying for all to hear: "Now that was dumb."

My original comment hasn't changed as it was in direct response to both your OP and the response right above my support comment; fidelity to the OP. Yes, I wanted to say what lamonsasa posted but keeping to the fidelity of your question, I didn't. Shame on me.

Better is better. And buying one PB12-NSD and adding a second one is better than buying two PB-1000's at the same time. So please understand, buying two PB-1000's is at the overall cost of performance when compared to a pair of PB12-NSD's.

(and if the money's there, ya know you want to)

-
post #16 of 26
Thread Starter 
I currently have a lava lsp 10 would you run this with a pb12- nsd or is it a bad idea?
post #17 of 26
It also depends on His listening levels. I talked with Doug at SVS about the same thing. My room is larger close to 4k Cubic feet and because i
listen at moderate levels and hardly ever at reference he suggested dual PB1000's. So at what levels do you like to watch movies at and or listen to music at
most of the time?

Athanasios
post #18 of 26
Thread Starter 
Mostly moderate levels. I'm a bass head. But also like clean sound.
post #19 of 26
Your listening style sounds like mine. I'm sure SVS could have pushed for me to get a single PB12 then add one later to
get more of my cash, but they didn't. And I think they have a nice upgrade policy if taken with in a certain amount of time.
Anyone know the details on this?

Athansios
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

Your listening style sounds like mine. I'm sure SVS could have pushed for me to get a single PB12 then add one later to
get more of my cash, but they didn't. And I think they have a nice upgrade policy if taken with in a certain amount of time.
Anyone know the details on this?
Athansios


From the buyer's bill of rights from the svs site..

"If SVS improves the performance of a model you purchased, we will upgrade it to current standards at no charge within 1 year of your purchase."

Also...

"You may trade in any product purchased from SVS within 1 year of your purchase, and receive full credit toward the purchase of a more expensive like product. We ask that the product be in like new condition with the original box and packaging. We ask our customers to pay any freight charges associated with the return and new purchase. "

I must admit, I wish all sub manfacturers had this policy. It shows that you really want to keep the customer once you get them.
Edited by Prime316 - 1/6/13 at 3:28pm
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post

From the buyer's bill of rights from the svs site..
"If SVS improves the performance of a model you purchased, we will upgrade it to current standards at no charge within 1 year of your purchase."
Also...
"You may trade in any product purchased from SVS within 1 year of your purchase, and receive full credit toward the purchase of a more expensive like product. We ask that the product be in like new condition with the original box and packaging. We ask our customers to pay any freight charges associated with the return and new purchase. "
I must admit, I wish all sub manfacturers had this policy. It shows that you really want to keep the customer once you get them.


Thanks for that!!! I feel much more confident now when I finally decide to
buy my Dual PB1000's


Athanasios
post #22 of 26
Thread Starter 
Anybody else care to give there opinion before i pull the trigger.
Thanks
post #23 of 26
i will say pb12. you will be more than pleased, and again you can always get a second later. buy big now so your not wondering what if...
post #24 of 26
Thread Starter 
So I pulled the trigger today on the Pb12-nsd. Thank for all the help. So excited.:-p
post #25 of 26
Quote:
So I pulled the trigger today on the Pb12-nsd.
Congrats! cool.gif I hope you enjoy your new sub! smile.gif
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregger72 View Post

So I pulled the trigger today on the Pb12-nsd. Thank for all the help. So excited.:-p

Congrats. I know you'll be happy. How happy? You'll find you'll want a second one as soon as possible. That's how happy. Look forward to your initial comments once it arrives.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Pb12-nsd or dual pb-1000