or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread - Page 5

post #121 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

I know that..but people in here are crossing their fingers and hoping being delusional that the evolution kit will bring back the Precision Black Local Dimming (Cinema Black ). NEVER GONNA HAPPEN...

great post bro... wink.gif

See above, I dont think you understand what cinema black is. All it does is blacken up the bars for widescreen movies.
post #122 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

See above, I dont think you understand what cinema black is. All it does is blacken up the bars for widescreen movies.

We can agree to disagree. Hope you get Cinema Black on your ES8000.
post #123 of 1475
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

See above, I dont think you understand what cinema black is. All it does is blacken up the bars for widescreen movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

We can agree to disagree. Hope you get Cinema Black on your ES8000.

Mavin, Im not gonna argue with you...I said everything I had to say...but it looks like you wanna just argue and bicker...

I understand EXACTLY what cinema black is...Please dont HIJACK this thread...I have been very polite and courteous with you brother...I respect your opnion, but now you are being beligirent to me and my thread.

If you wanna discuss Cinema black, please open up your own thread.

Thanx for your understanding in advance brother... smile.gif
post #124 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post


Mavin, Im not gonna argue with you...I said everything I had to say...but it looks like you wanna just argue and bicker...

I understand EXACTLY what cinema black is...Please dont HIJACK this thread...I have been very polite and courteous with you brother...I respect your opnion, but now you are being beligirent to me and my thread.

If you wanna discuss Cinema black, please open up your own thread.

Thanx for your understanding in advance brother... smile.gif

Sorry for posting in "your" thread. The fact of the matter is that everyone in this thread is speculating, and you can speak in absolutes all you want, but the reality is you have no idea either what features or improvements will or will not be present. What is funny is that I agree with you that it is very unlikely to include picture quality improvements or add back cinema black, just was posting for discussion in a topic dedicated to this device.

Cheers.
post #125 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

You are confusing features. Cinema black just turns off the corner LEDs for widescreen formatted movies. The active dimming you are talking about the D8000 did cause some trouble with the "halo effect"

That is not correct. Read a D8000 owners manual. It turns off the entire top row and entire bottom row of LEDs when letterbox bars are displayed. It is an extremely useful feature for any individual into movie watching. It leaves the center of the screen nice and bright while keeping the letterbox bars black. I would like to see its return to the es8000. through the evolution kit.
post #126 of 1475
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

Sorry for posting in "your" thread. The fact of the matter is that everyone in this thread is speculating, and you can speak in absolutes all you want, but the reality is you have no idea either what features or improvements will or will not be present. What is funny is that I agree with you that it is very unlikely to include picture quality improvements or add back cinema black, just was posting for discussion in a topic dedicated to this device.

Cheers.

you can contribute..but when this thread starts going into tangents and bickering, i gottta put some perspective into it...no harm , no foul...cheers.. tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing View Post

That is not correct. Read a D8000 owners manual. It turns off the entire top row and entire bottom row of LEDs when letterbox bars are displayed. It is an extremely useful feature for any individual into movie watching. It leaves the center of the screen nice and bright while keeping the letterbox bars black. I would like to see its return to the es8000. through the evolution kit.

rolleyes.gif
post #127 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

Sorry for posting in "your" thread. The fact of the matter is that everyone in this thread is speculating, and you can speak in absolutes all you want, but the reality is you have no idea either what features or improvements will or will not be present. What is funny is that I agree with you that it is very unlikely to include picture quality improvements or add back cinema black, just was posting for discussion in a topic dedicated to this device.

Cheers.

Yeah this guy is outrageous. If someone else wants to start a new thread for the kit, I would support it just so we don't have to put up with this guy and his attitude. He can literally have this thread all to himself and then noone will question his absurdity and he can answer his own questions

But before I leave this thread for good, I'd like to answer one thing he said, when he asked how it would bring "picture improvements" to the many varied sets. The answer is simple. The kit gives it the capability and then firmware updates do the rest for each individual set - adding improved software algorithms for picture improvements. Seems like that would be simple for a real engineer to understand

Edit: Multiple posts on this page over at the UE**ES8000 thread about this topic/ and OP. Apparently it's not just me wink.gif
http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1727401-samsung-ue-es8000-owners-thread-part-9-a-13.html
Edited by gamermwm - 1/17/13 at 11:27am
post #128 of 1475
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

Yeah this guy is outrageous. If someone else wants to start a new thread for the kit, I would support it just so we don't have to put up with this guy and his attitude. He can literally have this thread all to himself and then noone will question his absurdity and he can answer his own questions

But before I leave this thread for good, I'd like to answer one thing he said, when he asked how it would bring "picture improvements" to the many varied sets. The answer is simple. The kit gives it the capability and then firmware updates do the rest for each individual set - adding improved software algorithms for picture improvements. Seems like that would be simple for a real engineer to understand

I think I was very polite and courteous, yet firm to Mavin. Nothing beligerent...Please read all the posts in context, dont take one phrase outta context.

I agreed with his opinion, and respected it fully. I just didnt want this thread to be hijacked with a diffferent subject...thats all....

Next time if you have a beef with me, come to me directly....

All this being said, I respect everyones opinion here....let by gones be by gones...no harm no foul..... wink.gif
post #129 of 1475
I just want to say thanks to Gamermwm because it was he that told me about this thread, and i probably wouldn't have known otherwise. I think were all just confused here and just trying to figure this all out.

If we're going to beef with anyone here, it shouldn't be with each other and it should be with Samsung, because its Samsung's bad explanation and marketing that has us all confused in the first place.
post #130 of 1475
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

I just want to say thanks to Gamermwm because it was he that told me about this thread, and i probably wouldn't have known otherwise. I think were all just confused here and just trying to figure this all out.

If we're going to beef with anyone here, it shouldn't be with each other and it should be with Samsung, because its Samsung's bad explanation and marketing that has us all confused in the first place.

you are completely right brother....couldnt have said it better myself....samsung needs to put more FACTS out there about the evolution kit...not unverified statments by their reps at CES 2013....
post #131 of 1475
I guess that I'm the only one here who's happy with my ES8000 picture quality as-is. I'm not looking for any PQ improvement. But I do expect a speedier/better experience on the Smart Hub. For that alone, I'm willing to pay up to $400 for the Evolution Kit. Not interested in 3rd party additions like PS3 and media streamers, as I like to keep things neat, with minimal equipment. I don't wall mount, so the hump at the back is of zero significance. Can't wait to see this in action! I'd get it from Best Buy or another store with a liberal return policy, so that I'm covered if this turns out to be a bust.
post #132 of 1475
sabesh you are the only left who still uses the Smart Hub... it's a total POS.

In fact shelling out extra money to Samsung for something they should have done right in the first place, just justifies their BS marketing works....
post #133 of 1475
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabesh View Post

I guess that I'm the only one here who's happy with my ES8000 picture quality as-is. I'm not looking for any PQ improvement. But I do expect a speedier/better experience on the Smart Hub. For that alone, I'm willing to pay up to $400 for the Evolution Kit. Not interested in 3rd party additions like PS3 and media streamers, as I like to keep things neat, with minimal equipment. I don't wall mount, so the hump at the back is of zero significance. Can't wait to see this in action! I'd get it from Best Buy or another store with a liberal return policy, so that I'm covered if this turns out to be a bust.

I wanna test it first.....take it for a ride 1st...... Definitely buying it from Amazon directly.....their exchange policy is amazing....and I do agree the picture quality of the 8000 and 7500 is amzing as it is..I dont see how much more it could be improved....

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

sabesh you are the only left who still uses the Smart Hub... it's a total POS.

In fact shelling out extra money to Samsung for something they should have done right in the first place, just justifies their BS marketing works....

yes, I cant agree with you more....they finally just fixed the flashing issue on smart hub this week...about time...my wife loves netflix and amazon video thru the TV..makes it easier for her... I personally stream all those services thru my PS3...much much better picture quality than smart hub itself....
post #134 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

sabesh you are the only left who still uses the Smart Hub... it's a total POS.

In fact shelling out extra money to Samsung for something they should have done right in the first place, just justifies their BS marketing works....

I occasionally use the SmartHub, primarily for Amazon Instant Video. Due to quirks in my set-up I can only get AIV with multi-channel audio going through the SmartHub. That said, if the AIV app were available in my BD player, I'd use it from there and have little reason to visit the SmartHub except perhaps for novelty.

No idea whether I'll be interested in the Evo kit - will wait and see what it is actually supposed to do, and then wait and see what it actually does for others. I am in no rush on the Evo kit.
post #135 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

I wanna test it first.....take it for a ride 1st...... Definitely buying it from Amazon directly.....their exchange policy is amazing....and I do agree the picture quality of the 8000 and 7500 is amzing as it is..I dont see how much more it could be improved....
yes, I cant agree with you more....they finally just fixed the flashing issue on smart hub this week...about time...my wife loves netflix and amazon video thru the TV..makes it easier for her... I personally stream all those services thru my PS3...much much better picture quality than smart hub itself....

Since the latest FW update in the UK last week (2004.1) there's been a noticeable improvement in PQ. I've noticed this on satellite (SKY HD ) and it's been noticed on freeview and other sources too. Some channels (bearing in mind there's a vast difference in quality of some of the transmissions) now look close to blu ray quality IMO. This really is a remarkable jump in PQ. Are you guys still behind us in updates? if so I think you'll notice there's still a lot to come from this TV.
post #136 of 1475
Yea, we are behind now. I can't wait for the next FW update cause I've seen the PQ get better from just a FW update when I bought my set the day it came out on Amazon last March. The picture wasn't as good as it is now. I've also seen my D8000 picture get better from FW updates as well.
post #137 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Yea, we are behind now. I can't wait for the next FW update cause I've seen the PQ get better from just a FW update when I bought my set the day it came out on Amazon last March. The picture wasn't as good as it is now. I've also seen my D8000 picture get better from FW updates as well.

I'm with you on that, also got mine March 2012 and have seen 15 FW updates in that time, some of which appeared to do nothing, some made the smarthub lightning quick, one completely sorted the motion blurring issues then this latest one, WOW so crisp and detailed I've no need to fiddle with the settings anymore. The final piece of the jigsaw is to sort the occasional stuttering then it's complete.
post #138 of 1475
When I bought mine, it didn't have one FW update yet. I thought the set was defective and called Samsung. Samsung told me that they didn't know this model was out yet and that I shouldn't have been able to even buy one yet..lol! The picture was that bad! So the last update didn't fix the stutter issue? For 240hz, these TVs really have some issues
post #139 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

When I bought mine, it didn't have one FW update yet. I thought the set was defective and called Samsung. Samsung told me that they didn't know this model was out yet and that I shouldn't have been able to even buy one yet..lol! The picture was that bad! So the last update didn't fix the stutter issue? For 240hz, these TVs really have some issues

Got mine on 30th March so they'd been out a week over here, it came with 1003 installed. It's a totally different animal now. I thought the stuttering was a Sky issue until recently, definitely no improvement
post #140 of 1475
Btw, its good to see you again Arena smile.gif And sorry to go off topic on "your" thread Endeavr eek.gifbiggrin.gif
Edited by Anthony5362 - 1/17/13 at 2:41pm
post #141 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Btw, its good to see you again Arena smile.gif And sorry to go off subject on "your" thread eek.gifbiggrin.gif

Cheers, no problem, I'm not fussed biggrin.gif didn't know you posted over there, what's your username?
post #142 of 1475
I remember you from the ES8000 thread. I haven't seen you for a while though
post #143 of 1475
Arenaman have you tried Automotion set to clear?
post #144 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

Arenaman have you tried Automotion set to clear?

Yes, had it set to clear for several months until I realised that switching it off totally solved the motion blur problem but had no effect on stuttering. The stuttering isn't that bad, I might notice it 3 times a day for a couple of seconds at worst.
post #145 of 1475
Clear is the only setting I can use right now and I'm one of those that likes the SOE effect, but being on clear, I don't really get that. We should be able to put it on smooth and not have any stutter.
post #146 of 1475
I find standard is the worst... even watching 1080p streaming video there is a huge amount of tear... I keep it on smooth for anime and cartoons... I like how it looks all smooth and buttery smile.gif
post #147 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Clear is the only setting I can use right now and I'm one of those that likes the SOE effect, but being on clear, I don't really get that. We should be able to put it on smooth and not have any stutter.

What's wrong with having MP off? The only difference I see is there is no motion blur. (and there is no SOE either)
post #148 of 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

I find standard is the worst... even watching 1080p streaming video there is a huge amount of tear... I keep it on smooth for anime and cartoons... I like how it looks all smooth and buttery smile.gif

I love that smooth effect also
post #149 of 1475
Isn't the AMP setting supposed to activate the 240hz in our TVs? The 240hz is one of the reasons I bought this model, but it seems to do a horrible job at it. My D series is better I think at that anyways..
post #150 of 1475
It's all marketing BS... people claim you need 240 hz to game but with game mode it's half the Hz... makes no sense.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread