or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread - Page 15

post #421 of 1474
The evolution kit upgrades the TVs processor and smart features(voice and motion), as well as the Smart Hub and various software features. Comparing it and the 720 doesn't really make much sense.
post #422 of 1474
The suspense is killing me, I believe this to be the greatest event ever since the moon landing. biggrin.gif
post #423 of 1474
Ha ha! For something that is due out any day now, there certainly is a dearth of product information available. This reminds of one of those bomb films that studios just dump into theaters without giving critics a chance to screen beforehand. Not a good sign...

I sure do hope I'm wrong about this, but I don't think I am.
Edited by pitchman - 4/26/13 at 3:16pm
post #424 of 1474
I found one site that lists the Evolution Kit for $180.95 its on backorder. So it looks like the $300 is just MSRP and the kit could be under $300. Not sure if this is a good site to order from. I never heard of it. This lists it as a VA model - SEK-1000/ZA and not a VG model. - VG-SEK1000

http://www.neobits.com/samsung_sek_1000_za_smart_evolution_kit_black_p5798837.html?atc=gbp&gclid=CJaKu7DM8LYCFaZFMgodCzcAzQ
Edited by CraigerCSM - 4/29/13 at 12:30pm
post #425 of 1474
Lol may can't come soon enough my samsung pn51e8000 with the kit will magically evolve into the F8500 hahahaha
post #426 of 1474
http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Samsung_SMART_EVOLUTION_KIT_BLACK/SEK1000ZA/11893264/

listed as out of stock for $171.72 plus shipping. I have used this merchant before and have never had any problems. Most recently, I bought the Samsung brand wall mount WMN250M/ZA for $40.28 plus shipping ($8.52 for Fedex ground). This was by far the lowest price I could find.
post #427 of 1474
The new model ue55f8000 has twin tuners whereas the 2012 model ue55ES8000 has a single tuner. How on earth is an evolution kit going to upgrade that?

Am I alone in being upset that I have possibly been duped by Samsung?
post #428 of 1474
To answer your questions you been duped three times lol
post #429 of 1474
I'am still waiting for may 28, those evil kits should be everywhere then & lots of reviews the day after.
YUP, this is gonna be like a moon landing event.
post #430 of 1474
Here is the latest promo video for the Evolution Kit. Doesn't mention anything about improved PQ just upgrades to the 2013 Smart Hub and makes the Smart Hub run faster with the quad core processor. I wonder if now Samsung is just promoting this as if you are just buying a tablet add on for your 2012 TV?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCEG8G_DBqg
post #431 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2219 View Post

Lol may can't come soon enough my samsung pn51e8000 with the kit will magically evolve into the F8500 hahahaha


We can only dream...

"We have a much more solid idea about what the Evolution Kit will bring to owners and what it won’t bring. We knew immediately upon the Evolution Kit’s announcement that it would not increase picture quality in any way, which was later confirmed by Samsung. It was speculated that increased processor and graphic performance could boost 3D viewing, but that did not materialize. Samsung’s official comment on picture quality and the Evolution Kit only touched upon increased graphic clarity when web browsing and the fluidity of the Smart Hub UI."


Source: samsungevolutionkit.com
post #432 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by spimm View Post

We can only dream...

"We have a much more solid idea about what the Evolution Kit will bring to owners and what it won’t bring. We knew immediately upon the Evolution Kit’s announcement that it would not increase picture quality in any way, which was later confirmed by Samsung. It was speculated that increased processor and graphic performance could boost 3D viewing, but that did not materialize. Samsung’s official comment on picture quality and the Evolution Kit only touched upon increased graphic clarity when web browsing and the fluidity of the Smart Hub UI."


Source: samsungevolutionkit.com

that makes me question if i'll get it if i want to see this years smart hub i'm doing that right now with my new PN51F5500 that i bought for a little over $800 so to spend another $300 for the Kit just for smart hub I don't think so.
i actually like the smart hub on my PN60E8000 anyway and the PQ is allready fantastic IMHO
post #433 of 1474
again, that is a fan site, with only speculation, not an official samsung site. We will find out soon enough what is inside this thing.
post #434 of 1474
telling you guys... it's not too early to get the pre-class action law suit ready.
post #435 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by howzz1854 View Post

telling you guys... it's not too early to get the pre-class action law suit ready.

Would one even be possible? How could Samsung determine how much a person would be owed?
post #436 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by spimm View Post

We can only dream...

"We have a much more solid idea about what the Evolution Kit will bring to owners and what it won’t bring. We knew immediately upon the Evolution Kit’s announcement that it would not increase picture quality in any way, which was later confirmed by Samsung. It was speculated that increased processor and graphic performance could boost 3D viewing, but that did not materialize. Samsung’s official comment on picture quality and the Evolution Kit only touched upon increased graphic clarity when web browsing and the fluidity of the Smart Hub UI."


Source: samsungevolutionkit.com
THEY "samsung" bloody LIED to US, those customers that bought TV's before the did the bait & switch to the "NEW" smart evo kit slogan.
It was NEVER mentioned to me in store or online pre 2013 models that it would be ONLY a "smart" evo kit.
i was told & like many others that it WOULD in FACT be adding PQ & "MAKING ur tv like a newer model"
i have NEVER USED the smart hub crap or hand gestures or voice, i don't care for it & that stuff "SHOULD" be a FW upgrade PERIOD !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzz1854 View Post

telling you guys... it's not too early to get the pre-class action law suit ready.
i 2nd this motion to go SUE samsung for LYING !!!
I think if there is NOT gonna be ANY added PQ to 3D or 2D of ANY sort for watching movies/tv/games then this was a SCAM from day 1.
I will NEVER buy another samsung TV CAUSE of this & will redirect ALL friends & family memebers to another company.
Being LIED to is SERIOUS business & if samsung thinks it's not THEN i hope they feel it where it counts & that's in reduced sales CAUSE of their decpetive advertising.
the EVO "evil" kit as it stands as being a "smart" evo it is TOTAL BS WASTE of $$$ , IT'S A slap IN THE face !!!

i MIGHT START CALLING THEM SCAMSUNG !!! biggrin.gif
post #437 of 1474
The Evolution Kit is out of stock but its listed at Amazon for $379.99? Why would they sell it over what Samsung wants? Maybe it will go down to $299.99 when its in stock?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CILJB90/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
post #438 of 1474
Just starting to get added to retailers databases, Ive seen other legit sites have it in the low 200s
post #439 of 1474
...
Edited by Highland Logan - 1/3/14 at 3:38am
post #440 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post

Samsung SEK1000 User Manual

Cinema Black: In Movie mode, this feature dims the top and bottom areas of the video image
to provide a more immersive viewing experience. This function is available for LED 9000 series
models only.


Smart LED: This controls the brightness of individual areas on screen to maximum contrast
automatically. This function is not supported depending on the model.


So, there you go. I will NOT be getting one of these.
post #441 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchman View Post

Cinema Black: In Movie mode, this feature dims the top and bottom areas of the video image
to provide a more immersive viewing experience. This function is available for LED 9000 series
models only.


Smart LED: This controls the brightness of individual areas on screen to maximum contrast
automatically. This function is not supported depending on the model.


So, there you go. I will NOT be getting one of these.

that's the long ass manual to dig through. if the Smart LED can be applied to Movie mode, there might just be some hope for this damn thing. heck, they should give the option to allow micro dimming in movie mode.
post #442 of 1474
Well I just check out the 3D section of the PDF manuel above, and pg.73 (of the pdf) make me take a second look at this. It's not showing any restrictions for the 3d modes in-regards to plasmas.... so i'll cross my fingers.

(pretty sure, pixel (new) mode = checkerboard (old) mode)

Frame mode might also be a blessing
post #443 of 1474
Thread Starter 
ATTENTION ATTENTION everyone.....

ladies & gentleman, I am the THREAD STARTER...why are you guys so surprised? why all the anger? I TOLD YOU ALL SO....

If you read this THREAD right from the start, you would not be ready for a riot about now about this effing evo kit....

I lowered my expectations a long time ago....the evo kit is another gimmick and joke much like the smart hub user interface....I will not drink this samsung kool aid and become like an apple fan boy (no disrespect).

I am the owner of a 2012 es8000 SERIES, IT was top of the line in 2012... I should not have to spend one more cent on this tv and I wont.... from now on I will never ever buy a "SMART TV or APPS TV"...I will just buy a "DUMB" TV with amazing image quality leave the rest for set top boxes....

I WARNED YOU ALL.... go back and read my posts here.... I AM JUST As FURIOUS as you guys.....


mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
post #444 of 1474
The kit isn't required. It's as simple as if you don't want it, don't buy it. I don't understand what the big deal is about this. These top of the line TVs have excellent picture quality and if Samsung had never mentioned the EVO kit none of this rabble rousing would even exist. Just ignore it if it's making you upset.....
post #445 of 1474
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjyamaha View Post

The kit isn't required. It's as simple as if you don't want it, don't buy it. I don't understand what the big deal is about this. These top of the line TVs have excellent picture quality and if Samsung had never mentioned the EVO kit none of this rabble rousing would even exist. Just ignore it if it's making you upset.....

I think you are missing the whole point my friend... I have been over this 6 months ago when they announced the evo kit....

A lot of people are upset with the price 1st and foremost...Secondly a lot of people did buy the 2012 models with the presumption the evo kit would be worth the cost to own ratio....there are a lot of issues you are probably are not even aware of....

Go back to the very 1st post..... Read all the posts on all 15 pages of this thread, then you will see what the big FIASCO is all about.... wink.gif
post #446 of 1474
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spimm View Post

We can only dream...

"We have a much more solid idea about what the Evolution Kit will bring to owners and what it won’t bring. We knew immediately upon the Evolution Kit’s announcement that it would not increase picture quality in any way, which was later confirmed by Samsung. It was speculated that increased processor and graphic performance could boost 3D viewing, but that did not materialize. Samsung’s official comment on picture quality and the Evolution Kit only touched upon increased graphic clarity when web browsing and the fluidity of the Smart Hub UI."


Source: samsungevolutionkit.com

I said this 6 months ago....good post by the way.... when it comes down to it the 2012tv's dual core processor with another firmware update should have been enough for a new better UI... people just dont get it... the EVO KIT is just another way to put more holes in our pockets.... $299 for an EVO KIT that will only bring it up to 2013 specs only...No way.....

think of all the things you can buy for $299 and it will be firmware upgradable for years and years to come....

I still have my BEAST FAT 20GB ORIGINAL PS3 from 2006...still going strong after 7 years of use & abuse & only firmware updates by sony... thats $300 I spent wisely.... biggrin.gif
post #447 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

ATTENTION ATTENTION everyone.....

ladies & gentleman, I am the THREAD STARTER...why are you guys so surprised? why all the anger? I TOLD YOU ALL SO....

If you read this THREAD right from the start, you would not be ready for a riot about now about this effing evo kit....

I lowered my expectations a long time ago....the evo kit is another gimmick and joke much like the smart hub user interface....I will not drink this samsung kool aid and become like an apple fan boy (no disrespect).

I am the owner of a 2012 es8000 SERIES, IT was top of the line in 2012... I should not have to spend one more cent on this tv and I wont.... from now on I will never ever buy a "SMART TV or APPS TV"...I will just buy a "DUMB" TV with amazing image quality leave the rest for set top boxes....

I WARNED YOU ALL.... go back and read my posts here.... I AM JUST As FURIOUS as you guys.....


mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
Good luck buying a "DUMB" TV with amazing image quality with no smart or apps included.

Could you provide a list of those TVs? Would love to buy 1.
post #448 of 1474
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass2 View Post

Good luck buying a "DUMB" TV with amazing image quality with no smart or apps included.

Could you provide a list of those TVs? Would love to buy 1.

sarcasm duely noted....lol....I know bro...that's tough to find a great TV without all the gimmicks these days...

I am not the kinda person that needs to have a brand new TV every year, I think that is crazy.... but there are TVS out there without all the hoopla.... I'll start a new thread on it when I do some more research...
post #449 of 1474
I'm not angry, and hope my post didn't come across that way. I merely quoted a couple of key passages from the owner's manual that were always going to be the deciding factors in my making a purchase decision. I am certainly disappointed at the confirmation of what I expected all along, but from my own personal experiences with Samsung customer service, I am not the least bit surprised.
post #450 of 1474
I am with EndeaverouX, I wish you could just buy an HDTV with top of the line PQ without all the smart tv stuff, now that I read in that owners guide that that browsing the web on the TV wont be like how it is on the computer, also if it doesn't improve PQ. Makes me wonder if I would have just gotten one of the middle of the line Samsung models, maybe the 6500 series? I wonder if they will ever get browsing the on the HDTV just like how it is on your PC? I guess the only way that would happen would be to have the latest full version of Windows, OSX or Android on a HDTV? However what happens if the TV providers ever get rid of their set-top boxes and move to the cloud HD DVR? Then you wouldn't you need a Smart TV? I guess TV providers could just have HD Receivers that connect to the cloud HD DVR? It would also depend on if the TV provider would charge per month to use their app on your HDTV or not?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread