or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread - Page 26

post #751 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

It's according to your internet provider whether you have it yet or not. Call and request it.

Interestingly enough, I kept checking back for it and only had Super HD (which just means that it's full 1080p HD not 720p HD) but did not have a 3D section or the ability to play 3D titles on Netflix. However after installing the kit and checking back I now have both Super HD & 3D. It was probably a matter of timing and coincidence and not the kit. But I tried out the 3D and it does indeed seem to be as good as Vudu HDX. Just keep checking back for it as the number of internet providers who have it is steadily increasing

I have brighthouse lighting 60 megs down so what you saying I need to contact them and ask them to allow NETFLIX 3D streaming? It's funny before installing the EK Netflix said super HD 5.1 now it just says HD 5.1 Now when I hit the info button video is 1080 audio 5.1 picture is super clear. No hiccups or buffering. So I'll keep checking for 3D stuff. But I'm very pleased with this kit and well worth the money.
post #752 of 1474
I'm able to stream 3D through VUDU but not Netflix yet. I have to rent or buy it with Vudu
post #753 of 1474
The file contains two folders: TB-ECPAKUT and TB-FXPAKUC. Which one did you install? All the previous upgrades for my PN60E8000 looked like the first file. I have been unsuccessful so far to get either to load. The TV does not find an online update yet.
post #754 of 1474
I'LL say one thing that since I upgraded my PN60E8000 with the evolution kit blacks seem to be blacker IMHO I didn't put a meter on it but too the eye very black in black areas.
Color seems the same to me though. Smart hub loads quick.
post #755 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldprof View Post

That's a good question. I have Fios and plenty of speed for 3D streaming, but Verizon hasn't (yet) bought into the Netflix based program to allow Super HD and 3D. I can stream 3D using my Sony BDP-S790 just fine, but that costs money for rentals. Perhaps using the browser to access Netflix does allow 3D. Inquiring minds want to know. :-)

Browser won;t work for Netflix 3D & Super HD until Verizon joins the program. There are some workarounds to trick Netflix into thinking your isp isn't verizon, but rather one that is part of the Netflix program.
post #756 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfisher88 View Post

The file contains two folders: TB-ECPAKUT and TB-FXPAKUC. Which one did you install? All the previous upgrades for my PN60E8000 looked like the first file. I have been unsuccessful so far to get either to load. The TV does not find an online update yet.
I made sure I had the current firmware for my PN60E8000 it was version 1051.2 then I downloaded the new firmware for the EK extracted this zip file put BOTH on a thumb drive put the thumb drive into a USB Port on the TV then I turned on the Tv waited two or three minutes for the software update in the menu to become available then I upgraded using the USB. and it updated to 1004
Edited by bargervais - 6/2/13 at 12:37pm
post #757 of 1474
If your not sure how to upgrade using a USB You can download the guide from Samsung.
post #758 of 1474
Samsung still has yet to call me back, I will call monday for an update. EK started rebooting again so I just pulled it off.
post #759 of 1474
Mavinwow, I have same red hase issue in all dark spots. Also Menu text on top of the red appears distorted in red areas.
Please let us know what Samsung will comeback with. Thanks
post #760 of 1474
ok guys. i have a un46es8000 in my bedroom and un60es8000 in my living room. the un60es8000 has the evo kit while my 46 doesnt. I can confirm that 3d netflix at this time is only working with the evo kit. it seems as of right now its probably only on the new F series tvs. mavinwow im sorry to hear bout your EVK. are u sure its getting proper ventalation there maybe that could help...not sure...justasking
post #761 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

For what it"s worth; on my es8000, the warmest/hottest spot on my tv is always where the sticker is (that conceals evo port) next to the hdmi's.

My first thought is that the Evo prevents the designed heat dissipation that is needed during normal operation.

There is a post on the F8500 thread from a guy who put fans on his PN60F8500. He used 120mm fans running at half speed so they are silent. He claims that exhaust air is less than 10 degrees above room temperature during normal operation.

Lots of pictures and detailed instructions here :

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1463454/official-samsung-pnxxf8500-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/2600_100#post_23205805
post #762 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

It's according to your internet provider whether you have it yet or not. Call and request it.

Interestingly enough, I kept checking back for it and only had Super HD (which just means that it's full 1080p HD not 720p HD) but did not have a 3D section or the ability to play 3D titles on Netflix. However after installing the kit and checking back I now have both Super HD & 3D. It was probably a matter of timing and coincidence and not the kit. But I tried out the 3D and it does indeed seem to be as good as Vudu HDX. Just keep checking back for it as the number of internet providers who have it is steadily increasing
Ok so at this point Brighthouse does not have open connect for netflix in Tampa Bay Area, so i'm stuck with just regular 1080P HD. I did let my ISP know that i'm interested and when will they have it for us they couldn't tell me that. so i'll just have to make do.
biggrin.gif
post #763 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreydt View Post

ok guys. i have a un46es8000 in my bedroom and un60es8000 in my living room. the un60es8000 has the evo kit while my 46 doesnt. I can confirm that 3d netflix at this time is only working with the evo kit. it seems as of right now its probably only on the new F series tvs. mavinwow im sorry to hear bout your EVK. are u sure its getting proper ventalation there maybe that could help...not sure...justasking

So I guess I was right who would have thought smile.gif
post #764 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCA View Post

Mavinwow, I have same red hase issue in all dark spots. Also Menu text on top of the red appears distorted in red areas.
Please let us know what Samsung will comeback with. Thanks

Interesting. I called Samsung today as they never called me back. Tech support basically concluded that they have no idea, could be the TV, could be the EK, and that I should try another one. Forwarded me to executive customer service, who said that since the product is so new that the system will not accept the serial number. So, they would like to issue me a replacement, but they have no ability to do so, and that unfortunately they cannot help me. W...t....f...

So, they want to send me a new one, but cannot do so. They cannot issue an RMA either, even though they would like to.
Edited by Mavinwow - 6/3/13 at 2:08pm
post #765 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

Interesting. I called Samsung today as they never called me back. Tech support basically concluded that they have no idea, could be the TV, could be the EK, and that I should try another one. Forwarded me to executive customer service, who said that since the product is so new that the system will not accept the serial number. So, they would like to issue me a replacement, but they have no ability to do so, and that unfortunately they cannot help me. W...t....f...

So, they want to send me a new one, but cannot do so. They cannot issue an RMA either, even though they would like to.

I don't know about executive customer service, but I had no problems registering the evolution kit with Samsung customer service and using the serial number Samsung had no problems identifying the product I was registering as an evolution kit.
post #766 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppagene View Post

I don't know about executive customer service, but I had no problems registering the evolution kit with Samsung customer service and using the serial number Samsung had no problems identifying the product I was registering as an evolution kit.

You did this over the phone or online?
post #767 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post

You did this over the phone or online?

Online -- I registerd the product to take advantage of the extra 3 months of warranty.

I went to this link to register: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SEK-1000/ZA

After registration, I can request service and it definitely has linked my serial number with my Samsung account and as an Evolution Kit.
post #768 of 1474
Any gamers comment on lag changes with the kit installed?
post #769 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

Any gamers comment on lag changes with the kit installed?

I have not measured but I was never bothered by lag on the ES8000 as I no longer play Call of Duty or Street Fighter etc. (very highly competitive multiplayer games) where you absolutely should be worried about it. I mostly play a lot of single player games and have never had an issue with too much noticeable lag even without Game Mode which I sometimes don't bother with
post #770 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreydt View Post

ok guys. i have a un46es8000 in my bedroom and un60es8000 in my living room. the un60es8000 has the evo kit while my 46 doesnt. I can confirm that 3d netflix at this time is only working with the evo kit. it seems as of right now its probably only on the new F series tvs. mavinwow im sorry to hear bout your EVK. are u sure its getting proper ventalation there maybe that could help...not sure...justasking
I have the pn64e8000. I been watching Netflix 3D for over 2 months now with Optimum cable. I also have the EVO kit and still was able to watch Netflix 3D.
post #771 of 1474
May be a bit off topic but to put things in perspective you can now get a hdmi 1.4 dongle with quad core cpu and separate quad core gpu running android 4.1 (will be upgraded to 4.2) for less than $100. See MK908 Quad-Core Android Mini PC with a review here http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=405&t=1995. While it has integrated bluetooth and 802.11n it peaks at 65mbps. You can also add a usb ethernet adapter for faster speeds.
post #772 of 1474
The whole point of the SEK1000 is that it is fully integrated into the Samsung TV processing and is therefore ideally positioned to address PQ and video streaming. Using it to enhance Smart Hub is not adding much value since this can already be done using other 3rd party products ranging from HTPC to media players to the Android enabled HDMI dongle mentioned above. These products are cheaper with the potential to add much greater functionality and flexibility. They are also TV brand agnostic.
post #773 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleFun View Post

The whole point of the SEK1000 is that it is fully integrated into the Samsung TV processing and is therefore ideally positioned to address PQ and video streaming. Using it to enhance Smart Hub is not adding much value since this can already be done using other 3rd party products ranging from HTPC to media players to the Android enabled HDMI dongle mentioned above. These products are cheaper with the potential to add much greater functionality and flexibility. They are also TV brand agnostic.
I just like the fact that everything is integrated in the TV I already have a HTPC that can do all this but instead of having a Roku here and a Apple TV THERE a HTPC next to that??? to me the EK is much cleaner even though my HTPC can already do all the same things.
post #774 of 1474
I think going forward all new TV'S WILL be able to do it all a great big HTPC and that's what I think we are heading towards
post #775 of 1474
Check out what mine did...lol....doing RMA with store.



post #776 of 1474
I find these reports of problems a little concerning. Until I can buy one of these at a local store (ie: where I can instantly return it for a replacement if there is a problem) I may hold off.
post #777 of 1474
I have had mine for more then a week now I got from Amazon for under two hundred dollars. I have no regrets it's been working flawlessly and I have been running it hard each night to give it a good test and it's working great.
Edited by bargervais - 6/7/13 at 5:39pm
post #778 of 1474
$349.99 at Bestbuy in Canada.
post #779 of 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reb98 View Post

$349.99 at Bestbuy in Canada.

What a joke... almost double the US price. How do these companies justify the cost increase for Canadians?
post #780 of 1474
I need some help

I have an ue55es8000 and bought the evolution kit.

I have updated to the latest firmware version.


Connected it and was not detected at first, then I tried a couple of times till once time i got a green screen. I then managed to get it to be detected correctly.


The problem that I have is that after the 100% it says "No usb devices connected found"...
Any ideas?

I have tried disconnecting it and reconnecting it but no success.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread