or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays ›  Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models - Page 7

post #181 of 3645
This is my E8000 plasma after the new FW




This is my 65" before the update



Another pic before the update. You can clearly see the backlight bleed on the corners and the bottom of the screen. Not anymore though



This is my 65" after the update




Edit*** I have no idea why my washer and dryer got posted..lol!

The picture of my E8000 plasma looks pretty close to the pics of the F8500 from CES huh? and this was with a Galaxy phone camera and with Comcast cable playing.

Another pic of my 65'


I am no salesman here. Not affiliate to any retail store, and none to Samsung, so all I'm doing here is trying to help others get the best out of their TVs and also save some money by trying the discounted ES8000 first. You can always return it if you don't like it.
Edited by Anthony5362 - 2/4/13 at 6:04am
post #182 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

This is my E8000 plasma after the new FW




This is my 65" before the update



Another pic before the update. You can clearly see the backlight bleed on the corners and the bottom of the screen. Not anymore though



This is my 65" after the update




Edit*** I have no idea why my washer and dryer got posted..lol!

The picture of my E8000 plasma looks pretty close to the pics of the F8500 from CES huh? and this was with a Galaxy phone camera and with Comcast cable playing.

Another pic of my 65'


I am no salesman here. Not affiliate to any retail store, and none to Samsung, so all I'm doing here is trying to help others get the best out of their TVs and also save some money by trying the discounted ES8000 first. You can always return it if you don't like it.


Does it come in 75"?
post #183 of 3645
Anthony, I'm not saying that you aren't seeing PQ improvements in your TV - I have no way to attest to that. If you did, thats great. I'm saying what I saw - no noticeable improvements and I would not recommend anyone who is interested in the F8000 to get a discounted ES8000 (which isn't very discounted and still at the same price as when I purchased mine in August/September). But that is just my opinion. And yes, the sales guys had done a hard reset after the update and we used PQ settings suggested in the ES8000 thread.
post #184 of 3645
Hi guys. My friend likes the look of the 60ES8000 and the 65ES8000. I'm doing the research for her. Seems sometimes the different sizes have their own problems. Anything to be concerned with with respect to those units? Thank you in advance. Cheers.
post #185 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

Anthony, I'm not saying that you aren't seeing PQ improvements in your TV - I have no way to attest to that. If you did, thats great. I'm saying what I saw - no noticeable improvements and I would not recommend anyone who is interested in the F8000 to get a discounted ES8000 (which isn't very discounted and still at the same price as when I purchased mine in August/September). But that is just my opinion. And yes, the sales guys had done a hard reset after the update and we used PQ settings suggested in the ES8000 thread.

Ok, but why would you say this when you don't have this TV right now to play around with the settings? I would think that it would help others and save others money by trying a ES8000 now rather than wait until Who knows how long for the F8000 when they can just do a simple return if they have to? I know for me, I would rather try something out that may be what Im looking for with the option of just returning it rather than wait for a month or two, and spend $3K on a 46" like I did back in March. Do you seriously think these 2013 F series are going to only cost $3K for a 60"? Even with a quad core processor? LOL! I'm trying to help others save money here, not waist it. As far as the 65" ES8000 goes, NO, I do not recommend anyone buy that TV. But the 60" and under sizes, you got nothing to lose by trying it out and saving yourself $1K or more with the option of just returning it of your not happy
post #186 of 3645
I checked the prices today, and there has been about a $200 price drop on the un60es8000 since the free sound bar offer expired over the weekend.
post #187 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhopper View Post

I checked the prices today, and there has been about a $200 price drop on the un60es8000 since the free sound bar offer expired over the weekend.

Guys, I just posted what the prices were last March when Samsung released them. I paid $2,800 for a freaking tiny 46" ES8000. All I'm doing here is trying to help others not make that mistake I did. The 55" was over $3K! You can buy a 60" ES8000 for less than that. Hello???

The only reason why Im waiting for the F8000 is because I need a bigger TV than 60" and I refuse to buy another 65" since I have one now that I can't stand because of the banding.
post #188 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

Hi guys. My friend likes the look of the 60ES8000 and the 65ES8000. I'm doing the research for her. Seems sometimes the different sizes have their own problems. Anything to be concerned with with respect to those units? Thank you in advance. Cheers.

If you read this tread, you will find tons of information.
post #189 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimShaw View Post

If you read this tread, you will find tons of information.

Thanks Jim,

There's a ES8000 owners thread for that. Jim, if I remember correctly, wasn't I the one that steered you away from buying the 65" ES and suggested you wait for the 2013 models? I do you remember how back then I wasn't too fond of the ES8000? Cause I really wasn't.

My point here is, I'm not getting paid to do this. I'm just trying to help other out that can save a lot of money right now. If your stuck on the F8000 and want to pay $3K for just a 46" In March or April, then go right ahead. Its your money not mine..lol!
post #190 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Ok, but why would you say this when you don't have this TV right now to play around with the settings?

Because I did it in the store and did not notice the same fixes that you have been touting (they were hard to believe in the first place as no software fix ever has made major improvements to light bleeding, uniformity, and off axis viewing - these are the types of things that can only be fixed with different hardware, and no I don't mean the Evo Kit smile.gif. )I'm not sure how you can say the ES8000 is a better buy than the F8000 when the F8000 has not yet been released but its coming off as partially bias from a current owner of the ES8000.

Also, its misleading to say the 65" is the one with the problems. I myself had the 60" version and it was awful for a flagship TV. I paid $2,999 roughly 6 months ago - the same price it is today.
post #191 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Guys, I just posted what the prices were last March when Samsung released them. I paid $2,800 for a freaking tiny 46" ES8000. All I'm doing here is trying to help others not make that mistake I did. The 55" was over $3K! You can buy a 60" ES8000 for less than that. Hello???

The only reason why Im waiting for the F8000 is because I need a bigger TV than 60" and I refuse to buy another 65" since I have one now that I can't stand because of the banding.

The 60 was close to $4000 and the 65 was $4500. Prices for the F8000 will most likely not be cheaper than intro 2012 prices. That was one of the reasons I decided to just get the 65HX950 because the 65F8000 after tax and or shipping will most likely cost almost $5000 with no guarantee that the banding has been resolved.
post #192 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

Because I did it in the store and did not notice the same fixes that you have been touting (they were hard to believe in the first place as no software fix ever has made major improvements to light bleeding, uniformity, and off axis viewing - these are the types of things that can only be fixed with different hardware, and no I don't mean the Evo Kit smile.gif. )I'm not sure how you can say the ES8000 is a better buy than the F8000 when the F8000 has not yet been released but its coming off as partially bias from a current owner of the ES8000.

Also, its misleading to say the 65" is the one with the problems. I myself had the 60" version and it was awful for a flagship TV. I paid $2,999 roughly 6 months ago - the same price it is today.

The 60es8000 is only $2200 today.
post #193 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

The 60es8000 is only $2200 today.

$2799 on amazon and best buy. It must have gone on sale this week or last week, but it was $2999 last time I checked.

I don't see the $2200 price.
post #194 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

The 60 was close to $4000 and the 65 was $4500. Prices for the F8000 will most likely not be cheaper than intro 2012 prices. That was one of the reasons I decided to just get the 65HX950 because the 65F8000 after tax and or shipping will most likely cost almost $5000 with no guarantee that the banding has been resolved.

++++100

Thank you Cmay!
post #195 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

$2799 on amazon and best buy. It must have gone on sale this week or last week, but it was $2999 last time I checked.

I don't see the $2200 price.

Just google it and price match at BB. That's what I did.

FYI.... BB is planning to close about 1/4 to 1/5 if their retail stores in 2013.
post #196 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

$2799 on amazon and best buy. It must have gone on sale this week or last week, but it was $2999 last time I checked.

I don't see the $2200 price.

Its on Sale for $2,799 and will probably go lower so they can sell off these models. Anyone buying one can always return it and then wait for the F8000 in the meantime. You have a lot to gain and nothing to lose.
post #197 of 3645
quote name="cmay91472" url="/t/1450305/samsung-f8000-series-full-array-local-dimming-led-sets/180#post_22922194"]
Just google it and price match at BB. That's what I did.

FYI.... BB is planning to close about 1/4 to 1/5 if their retail stores in 2013.[/quote]

Yes! I heard this also.. That's not good man.. We need them otherwise their wont be any competition and the prices will go up
post #198 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

Just google it and price match at BB. That's what I did.

FYI.... BB is planning to close about 1/4 to 1/5 if their retail stores in 2013.

Anyways... can we get back to talking about the F8000? If you guys want to keep bringing up the ES8000, perhaps go back to that thread.
post #199 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

Anyways... can we get back to talking about the F8000? If you guys want to keep bringing up the ES8000, perhaps go back to that thread.

LOL!! This thread has been dead! There isn't a F8000 around or any new info yet. As you can see, I've been trying to update everyone as much as possible regarding it. I try to avoid arguments. Why would that even bother you? People talk about all kinds of stuff on the ES8000 thread. All kinds and I don't mind at all
post #200 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

Anyways... can we get back to talking about the F8000? If you guys want to keep bringing up the ES8000, perhaps go back to that thread.

This is relevant to the F8000 because Anthony's post was in regards to whether it is better to wait for an F8000 or try an ES8000 in the meantime.
post #201 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

This is relevant to the F8000 because Anthony's post was in regards to whether it is better to wait for an F8000 or try an ES8000 in the meantime.

Again, thanks Man.. I appreciate you seeing the good I'm trying to do here and im surpised because you just had to go through so many of these sets to end up with something totally different.llol.
I have been posting everything I can get my hands on about the F8000, but there's no more info to talk about right now.
post #202 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

This is relevant to the F8000 because Anthony's post was in regards to whether it is better to wait for an F8000 or try an ES8000 in the meantime.

And my post was to provide my opinion that it is better to wait and in my opinion not worth it for anyone to buy an ES8000, as a former owner, someone who has read countless reviews on all tvs available right now, and someone who has seen this "magical" update that just came out making the ES8000s look full array. We could then bring up whether or not its worth it to buy the discounted ES8000s or the discounted VT50s.

Or... we could talk about the F8000s which I'm sure we are all excited about.
post #203 of 3645
I want to clarify that I am not trying to steer away the hardcore F8000 buyers here becaue im one of those myself. If anything, look at this new FW update we got on the ES8000 as a good thing because if the ES now looks this amazing, then that means the F8000 is really going to be amazing. I'm also very excited and even more now that I see what my 60" ES8000 looks like and even my E8000 plasma. Omg, if my plasma looks this good now after the update, that F8500 is going to be the Bomb!
post #204 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Thanks Jim,

There's a ES8000 owners thread for that. Jim, if I remember correctly, wasn't I the one that steered you away from buying the 65" ES and suggested you wait for the 2013 models? I do you remember how back then I wasn't too fond of the ES8000? Cause I really wasn't.

My point here is, I'm not getting paid to do this. I'm just trying to help other out that can save a lot of money right now. If your stuck on the F8000 and want to pay $3K for just a 46" In March or April, then go right ahead. Its your money not mine..lol!


Opps, that is what I meant to say.

wasn't I the one that steered you away from buying the 65" ES and suggested you wait for the 2013 model

Yes, you were and I am still waiting with anticipation

By the way. I finally added a avatar to my name. Is it a little understandable?

m
post #205 of 3645
Newest article on the F8500 that was sent to me

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-f8500-led-smart-tv-announced
post #206 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimShaw View Post

Opps, that is what I meant to say.

wasn't I the one that steered you away from buying the 65" ES and suggested you wait for the 2013 model

Yes, you were and I am still waiting with anticipation

By the way. I finally added a avatar to my name. Is it a little understandable?

m

Is that you Jim?
post #207 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Is that you Jim?

Yes it is. At that time I was a Middle Eastern Archaeologist working on a site on the border of Israel and Lebanon
post #208 of 3645
That's pretty cool stuff Jim! smile.gif

I love this comment at the end of that article I just posted.

"The Samsung F8500 price tag will be set at the individual retailers’ discretion"

Does this mean that Samsung has decided to end the UPP pricing?
post #209 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Newest article on the F8500 that was sent to me

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-f8500-led-smart-tv-announced

Great find, a LED F8500 and PDP F8500..nice.
post #210 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Great find, a LED F8500 and PDP F8500..nice.

The F8500 sounds like a typo, and they meant the F8000. Or am I missing something? It sounds like the same set to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays ›  Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models