or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays ›  Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models - Page 84

post #2491 of 3654
Thanks for the reply and info "grhopper" , I have ( somewhere ! ) a really old remote that I use "in case of emergency" so I could just punch in the code for Samsung and see if it works ! Cool smile.gif

If I ever get my hands on an F8000 , I might give it a try.

So once you have the day night setting in the video menu , then I take it you would make any adjustments in the regular menu and use the service menu just to turn on the option. Of course , I one had the gear , spyder and software , then you could probably detent the regular menu and just do a white balance adjustment in the service menu.

I guess that is why the ISF guys get all the big bucks !! LOL smile.gif

Later biggrin.gif

G.. 
post #2492 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

I agree "bekindrewind" , not just right at all . ( period )

Hey , "eagle_2" , please keep in mind this is a public forum. True , we all must register , but anyone can read our post.

I urge you to reconsider your thoughts of leaving. Much knowledge and information can be found here. Stay , take the information YOU find useful and leave the rest.

I am a member of many different forums , not just ones about HT . We don`t always agree with one another , but in the end , the reason for posting is still there.
We need ALL kinds of views , some we like some we don`t. However the information to be gained is worth staying.

We have disagreed , so what !! , I don`t even know you , but if I meet you I would probably buy you a drink !! smile.gif

This is what forums are like , plain and simple.

In one forum that I belong to , I have seen people come and go and come back again. I have seen posts that read like an out and out brawl !! eek.gif

Hang around , we ALL would like to hear about your upcoming purchase , we , or at least I , don`t care if you calibrate it or not ( really should not have to ).

Anyway , if you decided not to post anymore , I wish you all the best , and great luck if you go with the F8000 ! biggrin.gif

Later :

Gary 

Thanks for the support. I do appreciate it. The reason I joined here in the first place was because I needed tech support advice way back when I first joined. Since then I found this place a valuable resource for information that you just can't get anywhere else, and I have enjoyed the discussions for the most part since I've joined. There are some genuinely helpful people in here. I'm certainly no professional or industry insider like some in here, but I know how fussy I am, and I tend to have a knack for video tech stuff, I have since before I got my first VCR back in the 80's. Since I'm here a lot, seeking advice and always learning about the new products, I do what I can along the way to offer my point of view, help, and advice when I think I have something to contribute. In no way do I think I know everything, and I try my best not to spread misinformation, as that doesn't help anybody.

However, I do have the right to give an opinion. I don't mind that people can have a difference in opinions. I have seen many in here "agree to disagree" politely, and move on. This is how a civilized forum handles themselves. Of course, I know this is the internet. That doesn't mean members have to be rude to each other though. I don't mean you by the way. I'm just saying what's on my mind here. A couple members in the last day or two have been very rude and said some very harsh comments directed squarely at me, simply because they don't agree with my opinion on a certain topic. When the subject came up again by another member, I contributed my opinion again on the topic. From there all hell seemed to break loose as I was getting some rather nasty comments, and I felt that was both unfair and uncalled for. And honestly, that really made me feel like giving up and just moving on from this place, and do myself a favor. I would think the discussion in here should be of a better quality that the Yahoo or Youtube comments section.

I do plan on getting the F8000 and seeing how it goes - with any luck, that may be my set for the next few years. I certainly hope so. If not, the search continues, since I only have a 19" CRT at the moment and it's not cutting it. I miss my blu-rays. Until things cool off a bit I might back off a bit and see how things go. It's not like this place can't survive without me - I'm sure it can. But it makes me feel good to know that some people do appreciate me trying to help when I can (thanks for the pm's!). Hopefully soon I'll be getting my set and maybe I'll share some thoughts on it. Thanks again.
post #2493 of 3654
Well Best Buy was wrong. They didn't get the sets today........

On another note, is the viewing angle really that bad with the F8000? I read on a review posted in this thread that its dramatically worse than the ES8000 was. Seems strange.

I've watched this tv for hours in Best Buy and in my opinion its the best thing they have in the store right now.

I'd be interested in seeing the new Sony's but not sure I want to wait. I keep hearing the Sony's aren't as bright and vibrant as the Samsungs.
post #2494 of 3654
I would imagine the best way find judge the viewing angle would be to get it home.

I know , you should be able to get an idea in the store , well , does the store have the same lighting as your ( ones / anybodies ) home ?

I find it really had to finalize my thoughts on a tv or anything really , until I get it home.

Your at peace , you can take your time , and no salesman ( person ) breathing down your neck !!

Later smile.gif

G. 
post #2495 of 3654
Geez "eagle_2" , all you have right now is a 19" ?

Man , my heart goes out to you , maybe forget BB and try Amazon !

Anyway , a 19" is better than nothing , but I can defiantly see how you might be on edge ! LOL

Take care biggrin.gif

Gary 
post #2496 of 3654
If anybody has the the constitution of a rock !!

You can always fine the F8000 here: > ( eek.gif )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151025263555?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Let me know how you make out !! biggrin.gif

G. 
post #2497 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Just popped in to say my goodbyes. Not that it seems anybody cares anyways. After a huge blowout in the F8000 owner's thread, I no longer have the desire to take part in threads in this forum. Too much ego, too much drama, too much mud-slinging, too much attitude. This place has devolved into a very hostile place - I've been here for a pretty long time, and I've always tried to offer my assistance and help. After some very insulting and derogatory comments by buzzard and some newbies in the owner's thread, I no longer care to take part in this forum. It's "professionals" like Buzzard that's bringing down this forum. For a "professional", he sure has a nasty attitude. He fights and flings insults just because my opinion and advice was different than his. Apparently, there's only room for his advice in these threads - anybody who posts something contrary to what he believes is insulted and driven out. I've seen other good members get driven out as well, just for offering their opinions and help. This is a poor excuse forf a "discussion" forum. Anybody who doesn't agree with the self-elected Pro-Elitists get insulted and driven away.

I have more important things in my life. and people like Buzzard are getting me too stressed out, and I refuse to let myself get upset over this kind of nonsense in a friggin' tech forum of all places. Hope everybody here enjoys Buzzard's "expert" opinions and advice, and don't forget to play around with all your options in the service menu while you're in there, after all, no harm can come, since you've got your warranty, right?

Hey Eagle,
You can leave in case you are here only to please Buzzard. However, if you are here for all of us and you want to share your experience with all of us then DON'T LEAVE.

Please my friend, don't take these things seriously here. And this forum is not for professionals only because if it was then registration would not have been open to all.
You should not get upset because of posts in forums. Just sit there, chill and write whatever you want. if people like it they will take it if not they will ignore it and you too take what you like and ignore what you don't.
That is my advise to everybody.
post #2498 of 3654
posts deleted: be warned you may be banned from the thread for inappropriate posts
post #2499 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel1400 View Post

Well Best Buy was wrong. They didn't get the sets today........

On another note, is the viewing angle really that bad with the F8000? I read on a review posted in this thread that its dramatically worse than the ES8000 was. Seems strange.

I've watched this tv for hours in Best Buy and in my opinion its the best thing they have in the store right now.

I'd be interested in seeing the new Sony's but not sure I want to wait. I keep hearing the Sony's aren't as bright and vibrant as the Samsungs.
Hi Tar heel, The achilles for Edge Lit LCD/LED will always be Off Angle viewing, it's the Beast of this technology and they all Suck compared to other technologies. It the way the screens are cut and unfortunately the just haven not invested the research in better Panels as they have in Picture Quality.
post #2500 of 3654
Has anybody compared the F8000 to the F8500? Both are considered FLAGSHIP models in two different technologies both of which present no drawbacks in my viewing environment. From reading all (yep, every one) the posts in both threads as well as Samsung's own advertising it looks like these two displays should really offer a great deal of what the other offers. Not a bad thing at all of course. Is anybody else in my boat and looking at the 64"/65"?
post #2501 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

Has anybody compared the F8000 to the F8500? Both are considered FLAGSHIP models in two different technologies both of which present no drawbacks in my viewing environment. From reading all (yep, every one) the posts in both threads as well as Samsung's own advertising it looks like these two displays should really offer a great deal of what the other offers. Not a bad thing at all of course. Is anybody else in my boat and looking at the 64"/65"?

I would say if you have a recent model LCD or plasma go with what u don't have.

Since i nolonger have a plasma but have the ES8000 i would go with 8500 plasma, me 2 cents.
you CAN'T go wrong with either UNLESS the 65" LCD still has banding issues.
post #2502 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by OugaBooga View Post

I would say if you have a recent model LCD or plasma go with what u don't have.

Since i nolonger have a plasma but have the ES8000 i would go with 8500 plasma, me 2 cents.
you CAN'T go wrong with either UNLESS the 65" LCD still has banding issues.
That's probably a pretty good idea and I must admit I never looked at it that way. Being 65, retired on disability with a wife that still works I have a lot of time to watch TV and there isn't much I don't like. I'll continue to read these threads and see if I'm swayed either way. It's kind of like choosing between two beautiful women. I'll marry one of them by the end of the summer.
post #2503 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

That's probably a pretty good idea and I must admit I never looked at it that way. Being 65, retired on disability with a wife that still works I have a lot of time to watch TV and there isn't much I don't like. I'll continue to read these threads and see if I'm swayed either way. It's kind of like choosing between two beautiful women. I'll marry one of them by the end of the summer.

I'm 66 with some pre-existing conditions. Love the beautiful women remark wink.gif
post #2504 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

That's probably a pretty good idea and I must admit I never looked at it that way. Being 65, retired on disability with a wife that still works I have a lot of time to watch TV and there isn't much I don't like. I'll continue to read these threads and see if I'm swayed either way. It's kind of like choosing between two beautiful women. I'll marry one of them by the end of the summer.

and if you find "she" isn't keeping you happy, you can always take on a mistress wink.gif
post #2505 of 3654
Now you're getting into the Elite price range. But I'll ask. Oops, momma wants your address.
post #2506 of 3654
lol, beautiful women / mistress Gone wild episode tongue.gif
post #2507 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

Has anybody compared the F8000 to the F8500? Both are considered FLAGSHIP models in two different technologies both of which present no drawbacks in my viewing environment. From reading all (yep, every one) the posts in both threads as well as Samsung's own advertising it looks like these two displays should really offer a great deal of what the other offers. Not a bad thing at all of course. Is anybody else in my boat and looking at the 64"/65"?

Right with you, Andy. We are looking to upgrade a six year old 52" Samsung LCD that we have been happy with. I have always favored LED pictures, but the newer plasmas look awfully good. My wife and I went to a Magnolia store and saw the F8500. There were two on display, and one looked terrific. The other....didn't. Probably the source material but it makes you wonder. There was a smaller F8000 as well that looked very good, but I'm waiting to see how the 65" F8000 looks. As many have mentioned, hopefully it won't have the issues that seem to have haunted the 65" ES models.
post #2508 of 3654
David, I learned a long time ago not to pay much attention to what a display looked like in the store. You don't know who set it up or who has messed around with it. Either of these TV's would blow your mind sitting in your viewing room. My choice is made more difficult because none of the inherent drawbacks to either technology will cause a problem for me. And I very much like the look of a well done self calibrated LED equally compared to a plasma. They look a little different but I like them both. As long as the F8000 isn't plagued with banding or screen uniformity (Clouding/Flash lighting), and the F8500 has no problems with IR or "popping in bright scenes" then it may come down to the best price at the time. Now if the 64" or the 65" is in the $2500-2800 range I'm in real trouble. In the end I'll let my wife think she's making the choice. That's how I've stayed married for 44 years.
post #2509 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3772 View Post

Right with you, Andy. We are looking to upgrade a six year old 52" Samsung LCD that we have been happy with. I have always favored LED pictures, but the newer plasmas look awfully good. My wife and I went to a Magnolia store and saw the F8500. There were two on display, and one looked terrific. The other....didn't. Probably the source material but it makes you wonder. There was a smaller F8000 as well that looked very good, but I'm waiting to see how the 65" F8000 looks. As many have mentioned, hopefully it won't have the issues that seem to have haunted the 65" ES models.

when ur getting ur TV delivered make sure your stereo is on repeat BLASTING "the Jeffersons intro theme song(Movin on Up)"
biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #2510 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

posts deleted: be warned you may be banned from the thread for inappropriate posts

Glad to finally see some moderation on this forum.
post #2511 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

David, I learned a long time ago not to pay much attention to what a display looked like in the store. You don't know who set it up or who has messed around with it. Either of these TV's would blow your mind sitting in your viewing room. My choice is made more difficult because none of the inherent drawbacks to either technology will cause a problem for me. And I very much like the look of a well done self calibrated LED equally compared to a plasma. They look a little different but I like them both. As long as the F8000 isn't plagued with banding or screen uniformity (Clouding/Flash lighting), and the F8500 has no problems with IR or "popping in bright scenes" then it may come down to the best price at the time. Now if the 64" or the 65" is in the $2500-2800 range I'm in real trouble. In the end I'll let my wife think she's making the choice. That's how I've stayed married for 44 years.

I know you must be wary of how tv's look in stores, but it's a start. I'm reluctant to do what many people on this forum seem to do: buy the tv, bring it home, and decide whether to keep it. It's an expensive purchase and I understand why they do it, but I would rather buy the set and be done. I have two large windows along the side of my family room, and I guess there's no way to know if they will be a problem for a plasma tv until I set one up and watch it.

I guess I can wait for the 65" LED to become available, but the 64" plasma does have a nice picture. I kind of hope the 65" F8000 is a knockout, that would help make the decision easier.
Edited by david3772 - 4/18/13 at 9:03am
post #2512 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by OugaBooga View Post

when ur getting ur TV delivered make sure your stereo is on repeat BLASTING "the Jeffersons intro theme song(Movin on Up)"
biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Maybe you would lend me your 8-track tape? smile.gif
post #2513 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3772 View Post

Pricing may steer me straight into plasma territory. I see the 60" F8000 online this morning for $3,000, which leads me to think the 65" will be about $3500, and the 64" plasma for $2500. That's an awfully big difference.

I havent seen the 64F8500 for that price.

I think the 65F8000 will be around $3400.
post #2514 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStuck View Post

I havent seen the 64F8500 for that price.

I think the 65F8000 will be around $3400.

Hi Stuck - My bad, I was looking at the wrong model. I edited out my faulty information. That's what I get for trying to multitask. My apologies.
post #2515 of 3654
David, I will wait for the 65F8000 to show up so I can compare it directly with the 64F8500. I would not buy a TV and evaluate it in my living room. Like you I think that's an expensive and time consuming option. I give about 50% of my buying choice to what I see in a store. 40% involves research here on these forums. Mainly because every single flaw for any display will be explored to the enth degree and beyond. I filter that and then give the last 10% to my gut. Never failed me to the extent I will admit it to myself.
I don't think your windows will have an adverse effect on the F8500 because of it's high level of brightness. Plantation shutters have become my best friend. My side windows measure 5ftx8ft and I need a light to read anything during the afternoon sun here in AZ. My hope is that the 64" and the 65" will be in the 2500-2800 range by September or at least by Black Friday. , hopefully at Costco and Amazon.
post #2516 of 3654
UGGGGHH. Best Buy STILLLLL doesn't have the 46 inch f8000 in stock. This is beginning to be annoying.
post #2517 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

I would not buy a TV and evaluate it in my living room. Like you I think that's an expensive and time consuming option. I give about 50% of my buying choice to what I see in a store.

You can't be serious... That is one of the most ludicrous things I've ever read in these forums.
post #2518 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

My hope is that the 64" and the 65" will be in the 2500-2800 range by September or at least by Black Friday. , hopefully at Costco and Amazon.

I would be happy to see that kind of pricing by September, but I think it's unlikely. Hopefully I'm wrong. Plus, I'm not sure I will be able to hold out for that long. smile.gif
post #2519 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

You can't be serious... That is one of the most ludicrous things I've ever read in these forums.
Wow. You've been here for 9 years and I'm one of the worst? . Doesn't say much for me does it. I'm afraid that I can't afford to buy 2 or 3 TV's to audition for a few weeks in my living room, then return them and buy the one I liked the best, especially if I'm buying from Amazon or the like. I think by the time September rolls around these forums will have painted a very reliable picture of these two sets to the point that if I have a problem with either it will because it's a defective set, not a problem inherent with the model itself. Unless you think I'm being ludicrous because I'm giving too much credit (50%) to the in store experience. That may be true but I'm basing that % on several trips to several stores over several months with my wife, and being allowed to play with the remote. How would you suggest a persons percentages be spent in choosing between 2 or 3 TV's?
post #2520 of 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

Wow. You've been here for 9 years and I'm one of the worst? . Doesn't say much for me does it. I'm afraid that I can't afford to buy 2 or 3 TV's to audition for a few weeks in my living room, then return them and buy the one I liked the best, especially if I'm buying from Amazon or the like. I think by the time September rolls around these forums will have painted a very reliable picture of these two sets to the point that if I have a problem with either it will because it's a defective set, not a problem inherent with the model itself. Unless you think I'm being ludicrous because I'm giving too much credit (50%) to the in store experience. That may be true but I'm basing that % on several trips to several stores over several months with my wife, and being allowed to play with the remote. How would you suggest a persons percentages be spent in choosing between 2 or 3 TV's?

I just feel lighting conditions, how they have them situated, picture settings, etc... I just can't see how one can expect what they see in the store is going to be what they see at home. Viewing conditions in ones own home is way different than in-store. I just feel evaluating a tv in ones own living room, home theater, etc.... Is the only way to get a true feel for if a particular TV is a correct fit based off of ones own viewing conditions and habits.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays ›  Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models