or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays ›  Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models - Page 10

post #271 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

Ok, post them and highlight where it says the 60es8000 model is better than the 65es8000 model.

In response to you saying the 60ES8000 is a horrible 3D panel (which you admit above is the same panel as the 55ES8000), I give you David from CNets review of the 55ES8000 3D:

"3D: Since the predecessor to this TV, the UND8000, is my reference active 3D TV for crosstalk reduction, I expected good things from the UNES8000. I wasn't disappointed; both are equally good at delivering 3D images that are nearly free of ghosting.

My crosstalk torture test is "Hugo," and both Samsung LEDs looked better than any of the others in my lineup when I viewed problem areas like Hugo's hand as it reaches for the toy mouse (5:01), the tuning pegs on the guitar (7:49), and the face of the dog as it watches the inspector slide by (9:24). In these areas the ghostly double-image was almost invisible. On the other hand I did see more crosstalk on Méliès sleeve (4:18) both Samsung LEDs than on the others -- but this instance was rare compared with other places where the Samsungs clearly excelled.

I also appreciated that the default image in the ES8000's Movie mode was brighter than any of the others, which gave it more impact in the dark room, especially over the dimmer plasmas. Of course the other LEDs can also be brightened by adjusting the picture settings -- I don't perform calibrations for my 3D tests, so I judge everything using the default settings. In those settings the ES8000's color was also very good, with superior saturation over the two Panasonics. Black levels were so-so, and compared with the lineup about the same as with 2D.

One downside to the brighter image was that it revealed the UNES8000's uniformity issues more plainly than if its picture was dimmer. I saw brighter corners in many places, for example, like when Hugo stares out of the clock's 4 (3:54). "

Does not sound very horrible to me.
post #272 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinLH00 View Post

If we were to want to buy an ES8000 model, does it matter from where? I love Amazon, but I know it is sold several hundred dollars less at other online retailers and with free shipping, but I have never heard of them.

Please don't mind this man here. Amazon is a amazing place to buy a TV. I buy all my TVs from there and they have the best return policy too. Also no tax depending on where you live, just make sure you don't buy the 65" the 65" has a different problematic panel but the 46" 55" and 60" are amazing! On, if you buy from a seller that's cheaper, be careful because you may not be able to return it or have a warranty. Some places that sell it so cheap, is because they aren't an "Authorized" retailer so stick to places like Amazon or BB
post #273 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

In response to you saying the 60ES8000 is a horrible 3D panel (which you admit above is the same panel as the 55ES8000), I give you David from CNets review of the 55ES8000 3D:

"3D: Since the predecessor to this TV, the UND8000, is my reference active 3D TV for crosstalk reduction, I expected good things from the UNES8000. I wasn't disappointed; both are equally good at delivering 3D images that are nearly free of ghosting.

My crosstalk torture test is "Hugo," and both Samsung LEDs looked better than any of the others in my lineup when I viewed problem areas like Hugo's hand as it reaches for the toy mouse (5:01), the tuning pegs on the guitar (7:49), and the face of the dog as it watches the inspector slide by (9:24). In these areas the ghostly double-image was almost invisible. On the other hand I did see more crosstalk on Méliès sleeve (4:18) both Samsung LEDs than on the others -- but this instance was rare compared with other places where the Samsungs clearly excelled.

I also appreciated that the default image in the ES8000's Movie mode was brighter than any of the others, which gave it more impact in the dark room, especially over the dimmer plasmas. Of course the other LEDs can also be brightened by adjusting the picture settings -- I don't perform calibrations for my 3D tests, so I judge everything using the default settings. In those settings the ES8000's color was also very good, with superior saturation over the two Panasonics. Black levels were so-so, and compared with the lineup about the same as with 2D.

One downside to the brighter image was that it revealed the UNES8000's uniformity issues more plainly than if its picture was dimmer. I saw brighter corners in many places, for example, like when Hugo stares out of the clock's 4 (3:54). "

Does not sound very horrible to me.

First. Each Samsung size is not equal as different types of panels are used in 46, 55, 60 and 65. Also, cnet admits to applying the same review to all sizes. They did not rate the 60 or 65 in that review, let alone the fact he is comparing to 2011 sets, where I already mentioned the 65es8000 and 65hx950 came out months after the 60 and far exceed in 3d quality.

Please only post when you know what you are talking about.
post #274 of 3645
Just heard from a Samsung high-end dealer that the F8000 series...

"Delivery is expected by the end of April"



m
post #275 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Well dad, i have Both the 65" and the 60" and they have both improved drastically! I have zero backlight bleed now. ZERO! Also take into consideration, the settings they were using and I'm sure they didn't do the reset which sometimes is needed after any FW update as they stick sometimes. I wouldn't go by that dad.. Listen man, I am not gaining anything by posting this stuff. I'm just trying to share what I know and what I see. I'm far from a fanboy and if you read my review of this TV, its one of the first on Amazon back in March since I bought this the day they were released, you will see I gave it a 1 star review. I hated it. It looked awful! As the other member just posted, he said that Samsung has done something to make the edge lit sets look like full array on the F8000, well, they did it with the latest FW on the ES8000 just last week. I also own the E8000 plasma and even that set was improved by the FW update. The blacks are way inkier and the brightness is brighter. If you click on my recent pics, you will see the ones I own. I just posted them yesterday. I was going to return my E8000 plasma, but I may keep it now since that FW really made it better

I can VERIFY that what anthony says about ZERO backbleed to be true,i just watched a bunch of movies which day 1 of owning this set showed some small 4 corner flashlighting/bleeding but NOW after the update i see NONE of it & this is using samsungs STOCK Factory settings.
I can only imagine how much better this set will be after some calibration settings & or pro calibration.
I have till the 9th to return/exchange @ BB but it seems i won't have to, i was going to exchange it for a 850 cause it has gorilla glass & i have a bad habit of punching tv's.
i'll be massively pissed if i punch this 1.
post #276 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimShaw View Post

Just heard from a Samsung high-end dealer that the F8000 series...

"Delivery is expected by the end of April"


Thanks Jim! I guess that's decent news. I was hoping in March like last year mad.gif oh well.
m
post #277 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by OugaBooga View Post

I can VERIFY that what anthony says about ZERO backbleed to be true,i just watched a bunch of movies which day 1 of owning this set showed some small 4 corner flashlighting/bleeding but NOW after the update i see NONE of it & this is using samsungs STOCK Factory settings.
I can only imagine how much better this set will be after some calibration settings & or pro calibration.
I have till the 9th to return/exchange @ BB but it seems i won't have to, i was going to exchange it for a 850 cause it has gorilla glass & i have a bad habit of punching tv's.
i'll be massively pissed if i punch this 1.

Lmao! Punching TVs! We share the same temper smile.gif

I'm glad your happy! Are you the one that said the BB employees saw what the update did and couldn't believe their eyes? I can't remember who said this the other day
post #278 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimShaw View Post

Just heard from a Samsung high-end dealer that the F8000 series...

"Delivery is expected by the end of April"



m

Awesome - cant wait. Any pricing hints??
post #279 of 3645
wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Lmao! Punching TVs! We share the same temper smile.gif

I'm glad your happy! Are you the one that said the BB employees saw what the update did and couldn't believe their eyes? I can't remember who said this the other day
post #280 of 3645
Wow! This dude really doesn't want anyone to enjoy this super amazing affordable ES8000! Wow!
post #281 of 3645
Jeez, I step out to see Hansel and Gretel in IMAX and this thread goes nuclear.

In regards to my roommates Sony TV, we were watching the 3D movies with the glasses that came with the TV. The super expensive, OAKLEY-esque Titanium ones. I don't know if those are the glasses you're referring to or not, but those are the glasses he was given. Aside from the ghosting/double image issue we were also seeing live 3D content not fill the screen properly. For example the BCS National Title Game, the score was cut in half on the screen. It was only with live 3D, Bluray 3D was fine, as far as the improper fill. It wasn't an issue with the cable box, he fooled around with TV settings for probably half an hour and nothing seemed to fix that. He isn't a 3D fan so he could care less, just an odd issue.

I'm not trying to sway you either way, in regard to Sony or Samsung (or Panasonic for that matter). TBH, I couldn't care less where you spend your money. I just know what I see, on an almost daily basis as a cable technician, and my eyes prefer Samsung televisions. My latest experience with the E8000 Plasma was disappointing, because of the damn buzzing, but the picture quality was amazing. I am going to give Plasma one more shot and if that doesn't work I'm going to go back to an LED. Glad you're happy with your HX950. I wish I had that kind of loose change to throw at a TV, lol.
post #282 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

Jeez, I step out to see Hansel and Gretel in IMAX and this thread goes nuclear.

In regards to my roommates Sony TV, we were watching the 3D movies with the glasses that came with the TV. The super expensive, OAKLEY-esque Titanium ones. I don't know if those are the glasses you're referring to or not, but those are the glasses he was given. Aside from the ghosting/double image issue we were also seeing live 3D content not fill the screen properly. For example the BCS National Title Game, the score was cut in half on the screen. It was only with live 3D, Bluray 3D was fine, as far as the improper fill. It wasn't an issue with the cable box, he fooled around with TV settings for probably half an hour and nothing seemed to fix that. He isn't a 3D fan so he could care less, just an odd issue.

I'm not trying to sway you either way, in regard to Sony or Samsung (or Panasonic for that matter). TBH, I couldn't care less where you spend your money. I just know what I see, on an almost daily basis as a cable technician, and my eyes prefer Samsung televisions. My latest experience with the E8000 Plasma was disappointing, because of the damn buzzing, but the picture quality was amazing. I am going to give Plasma one more shot and if that doesn't work I'm going to go back to an LED. Glad you're happy with your HX950. I wish I had that kind of loose change to throw at a TV, lol.

Tbris....Have your friend turn "full pixel" on and it will not overscan and he will get the whole image. Also, the titaniums need the free polarizing filters to get the 3d to look the way it is suppose to. I think he will be happy if he does those two things.

Anthony is a good resource for Samsung plasma.

PS - die hard birds fan here. Stoked about Chip Kelly.
post #283 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

Jeez, I step out to see Hansel and Gretel in IMAX and this thread goes nuclear.

In regards to my roommates Sony TV, we were watching the 3D movies with the glasses that came with the TV. The super expensive, OAKLEY-esque Titanium ones. I don't know if those are the glasses you're referring to or not, but those are the glasses he was given. Aside from the ghosting/double image issue we were also seeing live 3D content not fill the screen properly. For example the BCS National Title Game, the score was cut in half on the screen. It was only with live 3D, Bluray 3D was fine, as far as the improper fill. It wasn't an issue with the cable box, he fooled around with TV settings for probably half an hour and nothing seemed to fix that. He isn't a 3D fan so he could care less, just an odd issue.

I'm not trying to sway you either way, in regard to Sony or Samsung (or Panasonic for that matter). TBH, I couldn't care less where you spend your money. I just know what I see, on an almost daily basis as a cable technician, and my eyes prefer Samsung televisions. My latest experience with the E8000 Plasma was disappointing, because of the damn buzzing, but the picture quality was amazing. I am going to give Plasma one more shot and if that doesn't work I'm going to go back to an LED. Glad you're happy with your HX950. I wish I had that kind of loose change to throw at a TV, lol.

Dude, I thought you were going for the LED? See, its because of the high price difference that's steering you to the plasma huh? Dude, go buy the ES8000 from amazon warehouse deals or buy the 46" just so you can see how amazing it is now and then you can return it and buy the bigger one when you have the money for the 55" don't make me buy it for you! Lol! Jk.. I don't want you to lose out just because of Samsung's greedy pricing on the new F series.

See, this is what I don't like about Samsung, they come out with these new sets and raise the price so only the 1% rich die hard fans can afford them. Then when the 99% already bought a different TV, then Samsung decides to lower the prices. Then its too late because you or already bought one now and can't return it and then you come on this forum everyday wishing you have waited and regret your purchase.
Edited by Anthony5362 - 2/5/13 at 5:28pm
post #284 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

Not to be an @$$, but if Samsung put their money into correcting horrible quality control and horrendous vertical banding instead of TVs that you talk and waive to, then perhaps there would not be such a high return rate on Samsungs.

3D on the 65HX950 is on par with the 65ES8000 minus noticeable vertical banding. 3D only had less than favorable reviews because at the time of initial reviews, Sony did not have polarizing 3D glasses. Now that they do, all of the flickering and degradation of image when tilting head are gone. In fact, 3D on the 60ES8000 can't even match the 3D on the 65ES8000 due to the Sharp panel in the 60 being inferior to the Samsung panels in the 65 model.

I'd much rather spend $5000 on a Sony 65HX950 then a 65F8000 unless Samsung finally proves they can eliminate noticeable vertical banding. Otherwise, what use is all of those stupid bells and whistles if you are being smacked in the face with 5 wide vertical bands on every panning shot and many solid backgrounds.

You said "Sharp panel in the 60 being inferior to the Samsung panels in the 65 "
What panels are used in the 46 & 55? are they sharp or samsung?
please do say, THX
post #285 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by OugaBooga View Post

You said "Sharp panel in the 60 being inferior to the Samsung panels in the 65 "
What panels are used in the 46 & 55? are they sharp or samsung?
please do say, THX

I know Samsung uses AUOs panels and those are really good also
post #286 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by OugaBooga View Post

You said "Sharp panel in the 60 being inferior to the Samsung panels in the 65 "
What panels are used in the 46 & 55? are they sharp or samsung?
please do say, THX

Hey Ouga... Keep in mind I am referring to the 3D aspect of the panels. The benefit of the sharp panel in the 60 is virtually no noticeable vertical banding. Not sure what are used in the 46 and 55. And also when I say the 3D is terrible.... Keep in mind I am very picky with 3D and notice many aspects others won't even notice, so don't get worried about the 3D... I'm sure it looks good. I just compare it to the 65es8000 and find if ridiculous that the 3D is that different between the same model tv just different sizes.
post #287 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

Tbris....Have your friend turn "full pixel" on and it will not overscan and he will get the whole image. Also, the titaniums need the free polarizing filters to get the 3d to look the way it is suppose to. I think he will be happy if he does those two things.

Anthony is a good resource for Samsung plasma.

PS - die hard birds fan here. Stoked about Chip Kelly.

I'll relay that information to him when I see him. Anthony and I have been talking about our Plasma's for some time now. I just returned my E8000 two weeks ago, or so. I've been slumming it with my 32" EH5000 since then and I am dying for a big screen.

I'm trying to be excited about Chip, they're being like the Patriots as far as keeping the information on lock-down in regard to coaching staff hirings. It would be nice to see a consistent running game this season though. We definitely have the personal for that. Give us a year to rebuild the defense and then snag a QB in the following Draft. I don't have high expectations this year, but I want to see improvement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Dude, I thought you were going for the LED? See, its because of the high price difference that's steering you to the plasma huh? Dude, go buy the ES8000 from amazon warehouse deals or buy the 46" just so you can see how amazing it is now and then you can return it and buy the bigger one when you have the money for the 55" don't make me buy it for you! Lol! Jk.. I don't want you to lose out just because of Samsung's greedy pricing on the new F series.

See, this is what I don't like about Samsung, they come out with these new sets and raise the price so only the 1% rich die hard fans can afford them. Then when the 99% already bought a different TV, then Samsung decides to lower the prices. Then its too late because you or already bought one now and can't return it and then you come on this forum everyday wishing you have waited and regret your purchase.

Fine, you twisted my arm. Buy it for me! haha.

I'm just really waiting on the prices. I want to give Plasma a shot, if it's still significantly cheaper than the LED. If it lets me down a second time I'm back to LED. I just know I won't be able to afford the F8000, probably not even an F7500. So the first LED I buy will probably be the F6800. We'll see though, no rush. If the ES8000 drops to a price I can't refuse, I won't fight the urge to buy one. And I don't do used electronics. I know it's like new and cheap, but I can't do it.
post #288 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by connerlq View Post

Wow! This dude really doesn't want anyone to enjoy this super amazing affordable ES8000! Wow!6.gif

Affordable, yes (now) , amazing not so much. Im tired of argueing about the es8000 on an f8000 thread. Everyone please try the ES8000 and make your own determination on whether or not its a better buy over the f8000 (which nobody has seen a production unit for yet). I just hate that there is so much "es8000" talk in this thread. Also - why does this thread title still say full array when it is edge lit.
post #289 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by connerlq View Post

The F8000 allows you to hook up a harddrive to turn it into a full PVR. That's pretty slick with the dual tuners. Might have to get 2 HD boxes instead of the DVR I have. I wonder how it works exactly.6.gif

Yeah, that caught my ear also. It's the only reason I've put off buying a SiliconDust HD Prime CableCard tuner to replace my DVR. If it works in anyway better than my current setup, I might just have to go that route. I just bought a few 3TB internals for my new RAID server, so I have an extra 2TB external laying around that would work nicely as a PVR drive. We'll see though, I haven't found any other information explaining it at all.
post #290 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

Affordable, yes (now) , amazing not so much. Im tired of argueing about the es8000 on an f8000 thread. Everyone please try the ES8000 and make your own determination on whether or not its a better buy over the f8000 (which nobody has seen a production unit for yet). I just hate that there is so much "es8000" talk in this thread. Also - why does this thread title still say full array when it is edge lit.

I don't think you can edit thread titles. frown.gif

Also, not to be contrary, but I would expect there should be a significant amount of ES8000 talk considering it's the predecessor to the F8000. Makes sense to compare the two.
post #291 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

I don't think you can edit thread titles.

Also, not to be contrary, but I would expect there should be a significant amount of ES8000 talk considering it's the predecessor to the F8000. Makes sense to compare the two.

Good point which has brought us full circle to Anthony's original posts about getting ES now or wait for the F. LOL
post #292 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

I don't think you can edit thread titles. frown.gif

Also, not to be contrary, but I would expect there should be a significant amount of ES8000 talk considering it's the predecessor to the F8000. Makes sense to compare the two.

Hard to compare when one hasnt been released and you also have an es8000 owner replying to every post about how the person should just check out an es8000 due to price and the recent upgrade.
post #293 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by connerlq View Post

The F8000 allows you to hook up a harddrive to turn it into a full PVR. That's pretty slick with the dual tuners. Might have to get 2 HD boxes instead of the DVR I have. I wonder how it works exactly.6.gif

I just did a google search for "Samsung 2013 F8000 PVR" and I found a link to the C8000. Apparently they said the same thing about that TV when it launched.

"The USB sockets also offer a new skill -- they can be used to enable makeshift recording functionality. Plugging in a hard drive lets you to record your favourite shows without a separate PVR. Recordings are only playable on this TV, though, so don't get excited about watching them on a laptop during your long commute to work." -CNET C8000 Review

I don't know anything about that TV, or whether or not it had that feature.
post #294 of 3645
This just came in..

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs/1297630/samsung-f8500-led-tv-review-hands-on

I think the PVR is only for folks in the UK because of copyright laws here in the US

Wow guys! I'm loving the back side of it. Is it silver? It looks silver
Edited by Anthony5362 - 2/5/13 at 6:19pm
post #295 of 3645
What happened to everyone..Lol!
post #296 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

This just came in..

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs/1297630/samsung-f8500-led-tv-review-hands-on

I think the PVR is only for folks in the UK because of copyright laws here in the US

Wow guys! I'm loving the back side of it. Is it silver? It looks silver

It looks silver to me. In fact the link says that the back is made from the same metal as the front. Samsung's TV design staff have really stepped it up this year. The F8000 and F8500 both look more like high end furniture than TV's. Thanks for the link.

It looks like the F8500 is just going to be a cosmetic upgrade from the standard F8000 with no PQ improvements. It should be interesting to see what the official price is. Sense the F8500 uses an all metal casing, and the F8000 uses metal and plastic, I think its fair to assume that the F8000 should be at least $300-$500 cheaper than the F8500.
post #297 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

This just came in..

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs/1297630/samsung-f8500-led-tv-review-hands-on

I think the PVR is only for folks in the UK because of copyright laws here in the US

Wow guys! I'm loving the back side of it. Is it silver? It looks silver

I don't like it, black or super-dark grey. Silver is too shiny, last thing I want is another reflective surface even if its in the rear, lol.
post #298 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsegt View Post

It looks silver to me. In fact the link says that the back is made from the same metal as the front. Samsung's TV design staff have really stepped it up this year. The F8000 and F8500 both look more like high end furniture than TV's. Thanks for the link.

It looks like the F8500 is just going to be a cosmetic upgrade from the standard F8000 with no PQ improvements. It should be interesting to see what the official price is. Sense the F8500 uses an all metal casing, and the F8000 uses metal and plastic, I think its fair to assume that the F8000 should be at least $300-$500 cheaper than the F8500.

While i like the look, i dont understand Samsung thinking there is a need for two seperate models.
post #299 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

I don't like it, black or super-dark grey. Silver is too shiny, last thing I want is another reflective surface even if its in the rear, lol.

I don't mind the silver too much, but I can see what you mean. I personally like the design of the standard F8000 better than the F8500.

Speaking of design, has anyone seen pictures of the F7500? Supposedly, it has a really cool design with rose gold. Every time I look for pictures, I end up getting pictures of the F7000.
post #300 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsegt View Post

I don't mind the silver too much, but I can see what you mean. I personally like the design of the standard F8000 better than the F8500.

Speaking of design, has anyone seen pictures of the F7500? Supposedly, it has a really cool design with rose gold. Every time I look for pictures, I end up getting pictures of the F7000.

It says something about having a mirrorish look to it. That's pretty neat I think. I bet you its darker in person though. Kind of like my D8000 plasma has that aluminum frame and it looks like its silver from a camera's flash, but it person, its way dark and looks nothing like silver.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays ›  Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models