or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays ›  Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models - Page 3

post #61 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

F8000 and other Samsung sets at CES:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK8ml95F19M

Great videos! Thanks man.. I can't believe they still have the 4 legged stand on most of them
post #62 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Great videos! Thanks man.. I can't believe they still have the 4 legged stand on most of them

+7, L.O.L. I was thinking the same thing, I hate the Silver "chickenfoot".

Infact, I use a normal square D series stand on my ES7100, the 4 legged one is in the closet.
post #63 of 3645
LoL!! That's good to know that some stands will fit other models
post #64 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Wow! Great video! Ok now I really want the F8500! He mentions though that it will be VERY expensive. I hope its not way over priced like they did with the 75" ES9000

Look for it to come in similarly priced to the pne8000 series sets. It will be interesting to see if they can pass up panasonic's picture quality this year. I also hope they have found a way to reduce buzzing that plagued the e8000s.
post #65 of 3645
I hope your right about the price being similar to the 2012 Plasmas, and yes it's going to be very interesting to see which one is better between the F8500 and the ZT60. As far as design goes, I really like the F8500. Their also seems to be a lot more info on the net for the ZT60 compared to the F8500.
Edited by Anthony5362 - 1/13/13 at 9:28am
post #66 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

The F8000 may be great, but the F8500 is a wonder of nature...eek.gifbiggrin.gif

Watch the F8500 comparison vid. :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DH0kAr-XNkE#

Great videos, man - thanks!
post #67 of 3645

Thanks for those. I just read the HTGuru piece, which said the following. Why do people keep saying Micro Dimming Ultimate is new? This is what the 2012 models have and it was promoted the same way. This isn't the first article I've read stating this either. Very odd.



F8000

The 2013 Samsung flagship F8000 series features edge-lit LED LCD 240Hz refresh panel with local dimming. The 8000 carries over key features from 2012’s 8000 models including HD camera, 3D capability, and adds a new arc stand, Smart Hub, S-Recommendation, Voice Interaction, A15 Quad-core processor, and AllShare DLNA

Additional new features include Micro Dimming Ultimate which analyzes each video frame in real time and eliminates “halos” around bright areas such as white titles on a black background.

Local CTR (crosstalk reduction algorithm) increases 3D brightness as much as 30% , Improved Judder Cancellation called Motion Judder Cancellation Pro and a new Web Picture Quality Enhancer algorithm to improved picture and text images from the built-in web browser
post #68 of 3645
Samsung Ultra HD TV up for pre-order in Korea, priced at just $38k eek.gif

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/13/samsung-s9-uhdtv-pre-order-korea/

post #69 of 3645
We should start getting some more info now including pricing since CES is over and its back to work for most people.
post #70 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnoch View Post

F8000

Additional new features include Micro Dimming Ultimate which analyzes each video frame in real time and eliminates “halos” around bright areas such as white titles on a black background.

If it works, AND if black level is .003 Foot Lamberts or lower, it will be one of better flat panels for 2013. Hopefully Samsung has come a long way in reducing lack of uniformity in edge lit tech.
post #71 of 3645
What's confusing though is that they are calling the MicroDimming ultimate "NEW" and the 2012 ES models have it.
post #72 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

We should start getting some more info now including pricing since CES is over and its back to work for most people.

I hope they are priced similar to the ES price structure when they debuted in '12. Definitely still want a 65F8000 if noticeable vertical banding is corrected and the price comes down to about 3000 for the 65 come this time next year similar to the price of the 65ES8000 is now.
post #73 of 3645
I remember in March the day the ES8000 was put up for sale on Amazon, I paid close to $3K for the small 46" then after a few weeks, the prices came down a lot and pretty much stayed down. Its going to be interesting to see what they do with the 75" ES9000. Maybe they will lower it to where it should be around $6K
post #74 of 3645
I have a Samsung 81F model from 2007 and it is full aray local diimming
post #75 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

I'm still trying to figure out if I should return the E8000 plasma I bought recently which I really like, but it has one dead pixel, and wait for the F8500 plasma or buy the F8000 LED, or maybe 4K.. I only have 2 more weeks for my return left, so I hope more info about these sets will come out very soon..

I'm returning my E8000 either tomorrow or next Sunday. The new set's seem to be quiet the improvement over this years models. Just hoping they don't over inflate the prices.
post #76 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

I'm returning my E8000 either tomorrow or next Sunday. The new set's seem to be quiet the improvement over this years models. Just hoping they don't over inflate the prices.

+1
I haven't returned mine yet because I'm trying to wait until the price gets released. I'm afraid that the price is going to be very high at first which in that case, I would maybe keep mine and wait until the price comes down and then either sell the E8 or put it in another room.
I'm happy with my E8 don't get me wrong, and i bought it at a really good discounted price, but now that I seen this new F8500! I want it! Lol!

I can't remember if they released the Plasmas before or after the LEDs, or at the same time.
Edited by Anthony5362 - 1/14/13 at 6:46am
post #77 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

+1
I haven't returned mine yet because I'm trying to wait until the price gets released. I'm afraid that the price is going to be very high at first which in that case, I would maybe keep mine and wait until the price comes down and then either sell the E8 or put it in another room.
I'm happy with my E8 don't get me wrong, and i bought it at a really good discounted price, but now that I seen this new F8500! I want it! Lol!

I can't remember if they released the Plasmas before or after the LEDs, or at the same time.

According to Cnet all the Plasmas were released in March, except the bottom of the barrel models which were released in February. Heres hoping they stick with that pricing and those release dates. Cheaper/sooner would be nice as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNET 
Samsung PNE8000 series
PN51E8000 51 $2,199 March
PN60E8000 60 $3,079 March
PN64E8000 64 $3,949 March

Samsung PNE7000 series
PN51E7000 51 $1,649 March
PN60E7000 60 $2,529 March
PN64E7000 64 $3,399 March

Samsung PNE6500 series
PN51E6500 51 $1,519 March
PN60E6500 60 $2,199 March

Samsung PNE550 series
PN51E550 51 $1,199 March
PN60E550 60 $1,919 March
PN64E550 64 $2,529 March

Samsung PNE530 series
PN51E530 51 $999 March
PN60E530 60 $1,649 March

Samsung PN51E490 51 $799 Feb

Samsung PNE450 series
PN51E450 43 $549 Feb
PN60E450 51 $719 Feb[\quote]
post #78 of 3645
Thanks for posting that. I paid only $1K for the 51" E8, so this is a tuff decision to make here. I'm trying to figure out if this F8500 is really worth the extra $1,200 or more
post #79 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Thanks for posting that. I paid only $1K for the 51" E8, so this is a tuff decision to make here. I'm trying to figure out if this F8500 is really worth the extra $1,200 or more

Yeah, I paid $1200 for my 51E8000, but the buzzing and IR kills the value. I'd pay an additional $500 for an LED with similar PQ, features like the Smart Interaction can be scratched. If I can improve on PQ, brightness, darkness while eliminating buzz and IR and throwing in the new quad-core based Smart Hub on the new F8500 I'll drop another $1000 on it. I would be spending ~$300 on the Evo Kit for the E8000 anyway. That's a big if though.
post #80 of 3645
Man that sucks that yours suffers from the buzzing. Mine just has one dead pixel, but no buzzing which is why I'm wondering if I should just keep it. Either way, I hope we know more very soon cause My 30 day return is comimg up, and I'm getting very impatient here..lol!
Edited by Anthony5362 - 1/14/13 at 7:32am
post #81 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Man that sucks that yours suffers from the buzzing. Mine just has one dead pixel, but no buzzing which is why I'm wondering if I should just keep it. Either way, I hope we know more very soon cause My 30 day return is comimg up, and I'm getting very impatient here..lol!
As good as that F8500 looks and a dead pixel on the E8000...

As the saying goes two strikes..wink.gif..
post #82 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

As good as that F8500 looks and a dead pixel on the E8000...

As the saying goes two strikes..wink.gif..

+1

A dead pixel would drive me as insane as this buzzing.
post #83 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

+1

A dead pixel would drive me as insane as this buzzing.
Don't even get me started on the words Samsung and dead pixels. They are synonymous in my book eek.gif
post #84 of 3645
I know. I really should return it. I just hate to have no TV in my bedroom for who knows how long. If the F8500 was out now, or definitely coming out in March, this thing would be all boxed up waiting to get picked up. I don't want to get another E now that I saw this F, and I definitely don't want to go through what Cmay just went through
Edited by Anthony5362 - 1/14/13 at 2:32pm
post #85 of 3645
Another day with no new info mad.gif
post #86 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbris84 View Post

+1

A dead pixel would drive me as insane as this buzzing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

Don't even get me started on the words Samsung and dead pixels. They are synonymous in my book eek.gif

I returned 5 Samsung TVs/Panels due to dead pixels.

Once you see them, they can't be unseen......
post #87 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

I know. I really should return it. I just hate to have no TV in my bedroom for who knows how long. If the F8500 was out now, or definitely coming out in March, this thing would be all boxed up waiting to get picked up. I don't want to get another E now that I saw this F, and I definitely don't want to go through what Cmay just went through

Yeah, I'm sort of in the same boat except I have two 32" EH5000's in my room hooked into my PC. So I can slum it for a couple months in wait for the new sets. I will miss the big screen though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post


I returned 5 Samsung TVs/Panels due to dead pixels.

Once you see them, they can't be unseen......

Yeah, same as the damn buzzing. Once you hear it no matter what you try you can't unhear it.
post #88 of 3645
I have a 32" EH4000 that I got for free with my 65" ES8000 that's still in the box. Guess I can use that, but yea it is going to suck down sizing the screen size for how ever long. We really are in the same boat here smile.gif
post #89 of 3645
Thread Starter 
I'd suck it up and wait, if only because I still can't stand the uniformity on the ES series.

That said, it remains to be seen if the new ones are truly better.

Samsung's marketing nonsense about Micro Dimming Superkalafragalisticexpialidocious Ultimateness is nonsense.
post #90 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

I'd suck it up and wait, if only because I still can't stand the uniformity on the ES series.

That said, it remains to be seen if the new ones are truly better.

Samsung's marketing nonsense about Micro Dimming Superkalafragalisticexpialidocious Ultimateness is nonsense.

LOL!! This is so true. Samsung's corporate and OOPs office was supposed to send me info on this whole Micro dimming ultimate, pro and standard months ago. Did I get it, nope! And when I asked about it again, they didn't know what to say. All I wanted was confirmation that it is disabled in movie mode and which settings enables it and disables it and they didn't know . This is why I always felt is was just marketing to make more money between the 7000 and the 8000 series.
Edited by Anthony5362 - 1/14/13 at 5:07pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays ›  Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models