or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays ›  Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models - Page 22

post #631 of 3645
EK is the evolution kit
post #632 of 3645

I don't think so about the same panel as the ES8000, take a look at this again, please : http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=es&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.samsung.com%2Fsec%2Fconsumer%2Ftv-video%2Ftv%2Fsmart-tv%2FUN55F8000AF-features and you'll see or notice a new black crystal panel there. I guess the F8000 showed at CES was also a prototype as the EK. See U.
post #633 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGUSTINFOREVER View Post

I don't think so about the same panel as the ES8000, take a look at this again, please : http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=es&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.samsung.com%2Fsec%2Fconsumer%2Ftv-video%2Ftv%2Fsmart-tv%2FUN55F8000AF-features and you'll see or notice a new black crystal panel there. I guess the F8000 showed at CES was also a prototype as the EK. See U.

Wasn't black crystal panels a failed JVC product? Is Samsung now using JVC made panels in the 2013 sets?
post #634 of 3645

I would trust robert zohn over some random poster.
post #635 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

I would trust robert zohn over some random poster.

What did he say? Is there a quote some where?
post #636 of 3645
FYI, the AV forum member who posted the info is generally fairly reliable with the info he gets wherever or from whomever he gets it from. If I recall, he was also the one who got the first concrete info on the whole EvoKit stuff as well before if was posted in the avs forums. That being said, it is very conceivable that both Robert Zohn and TonyaNorway are correct with the Euro model getting the shaft and the us model getting a different panel. Who knows with Samsung nowadays. But I definitely would not dismiss TonyaNorways post as some randomn person.
post #637 of 3645
An edge lit unit is not just going to jump in picture quality. If the panel is different or not, they are close to being the same in picture quality overall I bet.

-- I feel edge lit technology is maxed out "for the most part". It is what it is.
post #638 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

An edge lit unit is not just going to jump in picture quality. If the panel is different or not, they are close to being the same in picture quality overall I bet.

-- I feel edge lit technology is maxed out "for the most part". It is what it is.

Well TBH I'm happy if that's true. Makes the ES8000 I bought that much better a deal with an EK in a few months.
post #639 of 3645
I have a question concerning the remote. It appears that the F8000's will no longer be shipping with the standard remote, only the fancy touchpad one. Will I still be able to use my universal remote to control it? I assume the set has an IR in somewhere. For the record, I have a URC MX-980.
post #640 of 3645
This product is now available in the UK at £2499.00 for the 55" and £1899.00 for the 46" http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/search-keywords/xx_xx_xx_xx_xx/Samsung+f8000/xx-criteria.html
post #641 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmanlv View Post

This product is now available in the UK at £2499.00 for the 55" and £1899.00 for the 46" http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/search-keywords/xx_xx_xx_xx_xx/Samsung+f8000/xx-criteria.html

$3,800 US dollars for just a 55F8000 is alot! Whoever originally posted that the F8000 prices were going to be lower than the original ES8000 launch prices were certainly off the mark. That's around how much the 55ES8000 was on launch as well if I recall.
post #642 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay9url= 
$3,800 US dollars for just a 55F8000 is alot! Whoever originally posted that the F8000 prices were going to be lower than the original ES8000 launch prices were certainly off the mark. That's around how much the 55ES8000 was on launch as well if I recall.

No way does the 55f8000 msrp at $3800. That would put the bigger sizes in line with elite prices and well above both the top tier panny and samsung plasmas for the year.
post #643 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

An edge lit unit is not just going to jump in picture quality. If the panel is different or not, they are close to being the same in picture quality overall I bet.

-- I feel edge lit technology is maxed out "for the most part". It is what it is.

If they can produce a set without issues that plagued last years model *clouding/banding/major corner bleed* some would consider that to be a big jump.
post #644 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

No way does the 55f8000 msrp at $3800. That would put the bigger sizes in line with elite prices and well above both the top tier panny and samsung plasmas for the year.

I agree 100% on the bigger sizes price. But I do know that $3800 was the same price as the 55ES800 was last spring. Whether or not they have rehashed or built from ground up, those prices will be tough... and I thought $3,000 for a Sony 55W900A was alot.
post #645 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

If they can produce a set without issues that plagued last years model *clouding/banding/major corner bleed* some would consider that to be a big jump.

The inclusion of the D8000s precision black will help with some of those issues, now as to why they removed it from the ES8000 is anyone's guess.... but I think alot will still come down to quality control.
post #646 of 3645
Samsung - UN55F8000BFXZA - 55in 1080p 1200 Cmr Led F8000 Series
Our Price: $2,450.95
Lists At: $3,099.00
http://www.neobits.com/samsung_un55f8000bfxza_55in_1080p_1200_cmr_led_p5609985.html?atc=gbp&gclid=CJConNOk2bUCFYtaMgodcXcADA
post #647 of 3645
With the way the ES8000 prices are dropping, I find it hard to believe that the 55F8000 will start out at $3,800. You can get the 55ES8000 for around $1,800 right now. The F8000 isn't over twice as good as the ES8000.
post #648 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

I agree 100% on the bigger sizes price. But I do know that $3800 was the same price as the 55ES800 was last spring. Whether or not they have rehashed or built from ground up, those prices will be tough... and I thought $3,000 for a Sony 55W900A was alot.

Heck forget the bigger sizes. The Panasonic P65ZT60 is rumored to be ~$3,800 MSRP. You would have to be CRAZY to not pick that over the 55" F8000 if they price it that high.
post #649 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

If they can produce a set without issues that plagued last years model *clouding/banding/major corner bleed* some would consider that to be a big jump.
I agree, that is part of "edge Lit" technology TV's though. They have been working on the issue for 5-6 years now, and have not fixed these issues yet. I feel this is not a magic year for these fixes as it probably can not be fixed. These issues are part of the core edge lit technology.
post #650 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

I agree, that is part of "edge Lit" technology TV's though. They have been working on the issue for 5-6 years now, and have not fixed these issues yet. I feel this is not a magic year for these fixes as it probably can not be fixed. These issues are part of the core edge lit technology.

The only way that I've seen Edge-Lit tvs blemish free as far as screen-uniformity is to cheat. Dimming the set all together in dark scenes or with local dimming. Local-Dimming causes it's own issues with blooming though.
post #651 of 3645
Does anyone have an idea when they might be released in Australia?
post #652 of 3645
Ok, so I know that there is probably a thread on here that explains this stuff better, and feel free to point it out, but I am just looking for more info.

I know the difference between CFL and LED lighting in LCD displays.

LED comes in either edge lit or full array? Meaning that the LEDs are either bordering the edge of the display all the way around or found all throughout the back of the display?

Local dimming refers to reducing the brightness or shutting off a cluster of LEDs at a particular dark scene on the display? Micro-dimming is just dimming the LEDs at the edge nearest the dark scene?

I am familiar with what banding looks light and light bleed, but not entirely familiar with flashlighting or clouding.

Is any of this info correct? LOL just trying to keep up here. biggrin.gif
post #653 of 3645
Edge LED: LED strips around the edges of the screen. Not all LED TVs are illuminated from all 4 edges. Some edge LED TVs only have LED strips on the top and bottom or on the sides.

Full Array: LEDs are behind the screen. This is the best setup, but sense its so expensive to manufacture, most companies have stopped making them.

Micro Dimming: I'm not too familiar with this tech. However, from what I've heard, micro dimming is software based. It analyzes the image and adjust the lighting. The F8000 also has a feature which darkens the black bars on movies.

Local Dimming: True local dimming separates the screen into "zones." Each LED zone can dim or brighten depending on what's being displayed on the screen.

Flash lighting, Clouding: Flash lighting is a common problem with LEDs. It looks like a small cone of light coming from the corners of your screen. Clouding is another common problem with LEDs. Clouding happens when the light is not evenly distributed behind the screen. It looks like blotches or clouds of light. Both clouding and flash lighting are usually only visible when you are watching TV in the dark. Also, they are most visible in dark scenes.

Hope this answers your question.
post #654 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsegt View Post


Flash lighting, Clouding: Flash lighting is a common problem with LEDs. It looks like a small cone of light coming from the corners of your screen. Clouding is another common problem with LEDs. Clouding happens when the light is not evenly distributed behind the screen. It looks like blotches or clouds of light. Both clouding and flash lighting are usually only visible when you are watching TV in the dark. Also, they are most visible in dark scenes.

Hope this answers your question.

is it true that theres nothing you can do about clouding? just have to adjust and deal with it as best as one can?
post #655 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsegt View Post

Edge LED: LED strips around the edges of the screen. Not all LED TVs are illuminated from all 4 edges. Some edge LED TVs only have LED strips on the top and bottom or on the sides.

Full Array: LEDs are behind the screen. This is the best setup, but sense its so expensive to manufacture, most companies have stopped making them.

Micro Dimming: I'm not too familiar with this tech. However, from what I've heard, micro dimming is software based. It analyzes the image and adjust the lighting. The F8000 also has a feature which darkens the black bars on movies.

Local Dimming: True local dimming separates the screen into "zones." Each LED zone can dim or brighten depending on what's being displayed on the screen.

Flash lighting, Clouding: Flash lighting is a common problem with LEDs. It looks like a small cone of light coming from the corners of your screen. Clouding is another common problem with LEDs. Clouding happens when the light is not evenly distributed behind the screen. It looks like blotches or clouds of light. Both clouding and flash lighting are usually only visible when you are watching TV in the dark. Also, they are most visible in dark scenes.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks for taking the time to respond! That does help.
post #656 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post

is it true that theres nothing you can do about clouding? just have to adjust and deal with it as best as one can?

From what I've heard you can lightly massage the screen to help lessen clouding. Also, after the "break in period" the clouding should be less noticeable.

So far, the reports from CES have said the F8000 doesn't suffer from any uniformity problems. If this is true the F8000 shouldn't have any clouding (or not much of it) or flash lighting.
post #657 of 3645
Saw this on amazon last night or the night before.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55F8000-55-Inch-1080p-240Hz/dp/B00BCGRLUI/
post #658 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by copaceticjack View Post

Saw this on amazon last night or the night before.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55F8000-55-Inch-1080p-240Hz/dp/B00BCGRLUI/

That price seems much more reasonable for a 55 inch edge lit LED.
post #659 of 3645
$2700 and April 10th. Not a bad price, good catch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by copaceticjack View Post

Saw this on amazon last night or the night before.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55F8000-55-Inch-1080p-240Hz/dp/B00BCGRLUI/
post #660 of 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by copaceticjack View Post

Saw this on amazon last night or the night before.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55F8000-55-Inch-1080p-240Hz/dp/B00BCGRLUI/

I hope the 46" F8000 will be available at the same time as the 55". I just went through a hell of a time with my 46" ES7500 and I finally got Samsung to refund my purchase price in the form of a Best Buy gift card, after months of fighting with them over it. The flashlighting on that ES7500 was terrible, and a tech finally agreed that it was unacceptable, plus there were other issues as well - I had the whole set rebuilt piece by piece and they finally approved a refund.

So I really can't afford any more than the 46", and really I have a small apartment too so for me and my girlfriend 46" is just fine. I'm keeping an eye on the F8000 since it's also supposed to be coming out in a 46" size thankfully. Of course if they don't do anything about the clouding issues in this years' sets, I won't be buying anything from Samsung.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays ›  Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models