or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Flat Panels General and OLED Technology › Sony demos 56" 4K prototype OLED TV at CES
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony demos 56" 4K prototype OLED TV at CES - Page 3

post #61 of 66
What will be the sweet spot size for 4K OLED?

4K OLED needs to be big enough to realize the 4K resolution but too big won't sell and too big will be too expensive.

How about 75 inches? Is that big enough to realize 4K's potential without breaking the bank on price?
post #62 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood View Post

What will be the sweet spot size for 4K OLED?
13.5" seems pretty sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood View Post

4K OLED needs to be big enough to realize the 4K resolution but too big won't sell and too big will be too expensive.

How about 75 inches? Is that big enough to realize 4K's potential without breaking the bank on price?
4K displays don't need to be any larger than 1080p displays. If you make them larger, most of the benefit of increasing resolution is lost.

You're crazy if you think 75" displays will ever become a common size.
post #63 of 66
What's crazier--75-inch 4K displays or small 4K displays?

You know what results from the 56-inch you can't really appreciate the 4K and it costs too much for that size and 75-inches is too big catch 22 scenario?

LCD that...I'll let you fill in the blank!
post #64 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood View Post

What's crazier--75-inch 4K displays or small 4K displays?
The 75" TV. 4K at small sizes will absolutely make it into notebooks in the future. 300 DPI is perfect for that application. Most people still won't be buying oversized TVs.
post #65 of 66
The reason the AV industry pushes small is because you wind up selling more small displays then fewer large displays and therefore you make more money.

It's not a response to the market--it is a dictate to the market.
post #66 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwood View Post

The reason the AV industry pushes small is because you wind up selling more small displays then fewer large displays and therefore you make more money.

It's not a response to the market--it is a dictate to the market.

Yes, but the smaller display segment is not willing to pay significant premium for bell@whistles features (and 4K is such). Meaning that 4K will become saleable in this segment when price overhead over 2K is small. In the big size segment margin will be much higher but market size is small.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Flat Panels General and OLED Technology › Sony demos 56" 4K prototype OLED TV at CES