or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread - Page 69

post #2041 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHD View Post

Well, there is definitely a reason that tv manufacturers put in the time/effort/resources/materials to make TVs look as aesthetically pleasing as they can. They do happen to be the centerpiece of most people's living rooms. I know I'm not the only person who feels that way.... Or maybe I just have "problems" wink.gif

True. All things being considered I'd prefer someone come out with a bezel-less screen. I guess I just mean if you want to pay for aesthetics you can, that's why there are varying models. I've seen the st6055 in person and didn't really take much notice myself to its bezel design over any other tv, I guess that's just me. I prefer utility generally. If all the glass bezel does is add several hundred to the cost and nothing to the visual image that's an aesthetic not worth it to me.
post #2042 of 12337
Sorry to ask again: does it support digital passthrough from hdmi to digital out (optical)?
post #2043 of 12337


Here's a shot from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I was wondering if this green line/blob slightly left off center was simply a part of the film or if I have a lemon

Thanks
post #2044 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by astateofmind View Post

Sorry to ask again: does it support digital passthrough from hdmi to digital out (optical)?

Not 100% sure, but most TVs will only do 2.0 sound this way, the only way to get 5.1 is something direct from the TV (OTA, Smart apps).......It wont allow you to get 5.1 if you put your Blu-ray into the TV then go out to an AVR via optical.....
post #2045 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabois09 View Post

I have it on normal currently. Wish I could post a pic. but my S3 takes really high contrast vivid pictures and won't illustrate the issue at hand.


Seems if skin tones "fluctuate" if that makes any sense. My first plasma so what do I know lol.

This could be a number of issues and none of them will be fixable without a meter to get proper white balance and proper color gamut, plus a properly calibrated gray scale. It could be a particular IRE is having some green push.
post #2046 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inputlag View Post



Funny you say that I had a 50st60 for 15 days def was no bar. But yes my 60" has it, 95% unnoticeable with content







I saw it too on a 60ST60 at BB, but not on the 50ST60. I think this is a minor annoyance that you can forget about once you start watching content instead of the screen. It's barely visible under bright scenes and your eyes are normally focused towards the middle anyway. If I looked cross-eyed at the 60 inch Samsung below it, I could see it there too, but much less defined. Didn't see it on any of the 50s.
post #2047 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHD View Post

I feel the exact same way, and will be making my decision based on that criteria as well.
If the VT series look was free, I would take it though wink.gif
post #2048 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabois09 View Post



Here's a shot from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I was wondering if this green line/blob slightly left off center was simply a part of the film or if I have a lemon

Thanks
Uh oh. Its not part of the film. Thats fairly common with 2012s. Is that the only time you have noticed it?
post #2049 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabois09 View Post



Here's a shot from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I was wondering if this green line/blob slightly left off center was simply a part of the film or if I have a lemon

Thanks
Uh oh. Its not part of the film. Thats fairly common with 2012s. Is that the only time you have noticed it?

Well I notice that some individuals skin tone "fluctuate." I imagine that this is what could be causing it. Is there any fix?
post #2050 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabois09 View Post

Well I notice that some individuals skin tone "fluctuate." I imagine that this is what could be causing it. Is there any fix?
Yes. Return it.
post #2051 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabois09 View Post

Well I notice that some individuals skin tone "fluctuate." I imagine that this is what could be causing it. Is there any fix?
Yes. Return it.

Well as an individual who doesn't own a car easier said than done lol.
post #2052 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabois09 View Post

Well as an individual who doesn't own a car easier said than done lol.
Where did you buy it from?
post #2053 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabois09 View Post

Well as an individual who doesn't own a car easier said than done lol.
Where did you buy it from?

Sears

I've since debunked this by way of plugging in my previous 42in LG LCD.... So relieved


I'll post a picture momentarily

EDIT:

Said picture



Here's the 50ST60 for quick reference


Edited by Dabois09 - 4/21/13 at 2:00am
post #2054 of 12337
Thats great. Several people with 2012 models had a green blob in the middle of the screen. Im glad yours is not like that.
post #2055 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Thats great. Several people with 2012 models had a green blob in the middle of the screen. Im glad yours is not like that.

Had me scared. Thank the good Lord I had my old set on hand.
post #2056 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabois09 View Post

Had me scared. Thank the good Lord I had my old set on hand.
Yes. God is good.
post #2057 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggweeziehd View Post

60st60 1st impressions

Back story... Spent last couple years with LG LCD. Thought it was pretty good but wanted a bigger set it was only 46". In February bought a Sammy eh6000 led, it sucked, bad color bad sound. Got a 55st50 awesome sound and color but dim and soft. Then got a 50st60, too small. Now my 60st60!

Did the 100hrs to the T. Plugged in d-nice settings... Watched a little SNL opening monologue was just jaw dropping. The host the set the instruments just unreal! Threw in Scott Pilgrim bluray and it's just nuts. Color is just awesome and depth is crazy and the picture is very crisp vivd and lifelike. I did bump the contrast up from 79 to 88, but that's just me.

So glad best buy doesn't carry the 55" so I decided to get a 60"(I thought it would be too big). At 9ft away in the sweet spot on my sectional the immersion is awesome and the pq is still very crisp. As everyone knows the blacks are off the chart.

After lugging 3 sets back to the store I'm finally satisfied. Any questions just ask. Here's a pic

Glad your so pleased with yours too!!
I had the same impressions you had except I haven't finished my slides or added D-Nice's settings.
I was super impressed with standard out-of-the box settings alone.
What's funny is that I was watching this TV in standard mode (touching NOTHING out of the box) and then I changed the mode to "Cinema" "Theater" and "Custom" and I saw a HUGE Difference between the picture with all of them - it goes to show that you can really tweek these things - I can't wait to add D-Nice's settings and see what this thing can do.

2 questions -
When you ran the slides in "custom" mode as D-Nice suggests - did you also see VERY little difference between the 4 Grey panels (on either side of the RBG) - did it get darker as the 100 hours went on? I first ran the slides in "standard" mode and it was easier to see the difference in greys - these are MUCH brighter. (which I think looks bad)
Does anyone have a suggestion for making the speakers sound better? I had a 42" Panny Plasma before that was 6 years old. It has speakers mounted in the front so they sounded great. I do NOT have the TV wall maounted so I am about 1 foot from the wall and it creates an ECHO - I have NOT adjusted ANY settings. Thoughts?
post #2058 of 12337
post #2059 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

NICE! I am thinking of making the same upgrade.

Is this cleaner, sharper and less noisy image the case with bluray or HD Cable or both? I thought bluray was stellar with the GT50 but HD cable content needed help in those areas.

Yes that is with a Direct TV feed. Tthe image on the 50 was pretty average on Direct TV. The 60 defineyley handles it better.
post #2060 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2Blu View Post

Glad your so pleased with yours too!!
I had the same impressions you had except I haven't finished my slides or added D-Nice's settings.
I was super impressed with standard out-of-the box settings alone.
What's funny is that I was watching this TV in standard mode (touching NOTHING out of the box) and then I changed the mode to "Cinema" "Theater" and "Custom" and I saw a HUGE Difference between the picture with all of them - it goes to show that you can really tweek these things - I can't wait to add D-Nice's settings and see what this thing can do.

2 questions -
When you ran the slides in "custom" mode as D-Nice suggests - did you also see VERY little difference between the 4 Grey panels (on either side of the RBG) - did it get darker as the 100 hours went on? I first ran the slides in "standard" mode and it was easier to see the difference in greys - these are MUCH brighter. (which I think looks bad)
Does anyone have a suggestion for making the speakers sound better? I had a 42" Panny Plasma before that was 6 years old. It has speakers mounted in the front so they sounded great. I do NOT have the TV wall maounted so I am about 1 foot from the wall and it creates an ECHO - I have NOT adjusted ANY settings. Thoughts?

Can't be much help here def didn't sit and watch what the slides did. It was in another room on the floor. Speakers really do suck for a set this big. I suggest play with the sound settings. Really no fix they didn't put the fancy speakers from the st50 so your gonna have to live with that. I have full surround so I don't really care.
post #2061 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2Blu View Post

When you ran the slides in "custom" mode as D-Nice suggests - did you also see VERY little difference between the 4 Grey panels (on either side of the RBG) - did it get darker as the 100 hours went on? I first ran the slides in "standard" mode and it was easier to see the difference in greys - these are MUCH brighter. (which I think looks bad)

I have mine running in custom mode and definitely see differences in the gray colors, I haven't noticed mine getting lighter or darker over time. Been running them for about 40 hours now.
post #2062 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhenrickson View Post

I have mine running in custom mode and definitely see differences in the gray colors, I haven't noticed mine getting lighter or darker over time. Been running them for about 40 hours now.
He is most likely just seeing the difference in the standard and custom settings.
post #2063 of 12337
Can anyone find the 60" on amazon or am I just blind? I can only seem to find the 50, 55, and 65.
post #2064 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMueller10 View Post

Can anyone find the 60" on amazon or am I just blind? I can only seem to find the 50, 55, and 65.
They dont have the 60ST60 right now. That could change at any time.
post #2065 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentley View Post

Saw ,my first S64 at Costco in Concord CA this afternoon. p65s64. Not even powered up yet.

Is there someplace or someone that can explain the difference between the st60 and s64? I just learned of the latter's existence.
post #2066 of 12337
I did a break in & applied D-Nice's settings. Was going to do a quick check on the settings last nite using the AVS709 disc & the first thing I cued up was the brightness chapter. I noticed that the grey bars contained a lot of red, infact the grey bars weren't grey at all, they were red. In the black background there you could clearly see red dithering . Anyone else notice this? The settings look good for normal content.
post #2067 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Todd View Post

Is there someplace or someone that can explain the difference between the st60 and s64? I just learned of the latter's existence.

The S64 doesn't have 3-D... I'm sure the panels aren't exactly the same either.
post #2068 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

He is most likely just seeing the difference in the standard and custom settings.

I figured out what it is - as a slideshow it ends up going from RGB to darker to lighter slides - in the middle where there is a "light grey" slide, then white, then "light grey" again, then darker, darker, RGB. When you go through the 3 middle (light Grey, white, light grey) there close to NO DIFFERENCE. The differences look more obvious when the set is in "standard" mode because it is darker - than compared to "custom" mode - which D-Nice recommends.

I guess my concern is - are the slides actually doing what they should if there is not enough difference in the colors? I kinda think it would work the pizels better if the set was in standard.
post #2069 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2Blu View Post

I figured out what it is - as a slideshow it ends up going from RGB to darker to lighter slides - in the middle where there is a "light grey" slide, then white, then "light grey" again, then darker, darker, RGB. When you go through the 3 middle (light Grey, white, light grey) there close to NO DIFFERENCE. The differences look more obvious when the set is in "standard" mode because it is darker - than compared to "custom" mode - which D-Nice recommends.

I guess my concern is - are the slides actually doing what they should if there is not enough difference in the colors? I kinda think it would work the pizels better if the set was in standard.
Thats exactly what I said. He is just noticing the difference between standard and custom settings.
You are assuming that you know better than DNice by leaving it in standard. I personally would follow his instructions exactly or not bother.
post #2070 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Todd View Post

Is there someplace or someone that can explain the difference between the st60 and s64? I just learned of the latter's existence.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread