or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread - Page 3

post #61 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Check back tomorrow and we will have a real good idea on that.......

any news? biggrin.gif
post #62 of 12337
Any sign of IR on these TVs? I see a lot of people complaining about burn-in with the ST50. I play games a fair amount of the time and don't want burn-in problems. It hasn't been a problem on my 2008 Panny plasma but it looks like the newer TVs have more burn-in problems than the older ones, I would have thought it would be the other way around.
post #63 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by samijubal View Post

Any sign of IR on these TVs? I see a lot of people complaining about burn-in with the ST50. I play games a fair amount of the time and don't want burn-in problems. It hasn't been a problem on my 2008 Panny plasma but it looks like the newer TVs have more burn-in problems than the older ones, I would have thought it would be the other way around.

Wasn't paying attention and left my house at 3:30 and left avatar in the bluray player. It's now after 8:30 so that menu screen was on the tv for over 4hrs. Ran slides.... No IR.
post #64 of 12337
Panel seems to be very noisy while running slides though the whole screen has a texture like orange peel on a bad paint job. Think I shut off all processing options. Thought it was my cables. But the slides are on a thumb drive??? Any thoughts?
post #65 of 12337
Anyone test some hockey on one of these yet????

Curious if there are any brightness fluctuations or pops?
post #66 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

Anyone test some hockey on one of these yet????

Curious if there are any brightness fluctuations or pops?

That hasn't been an issue since 2011, concerning Panny's that is.
post #67 of 12337
I can't see how anyone considers an ST50 "soft". I have mine for a bit over a month now, ran d-nice slides for 100 hours & put in all of his settings & my picture is FAR from soft. Guess it might just be that "new model" syndrome....lol

just my 2 cents...
Carmine.
post #68 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

Anyone test some hockey on one of these yet????

Curious if there are any brightness fluctuations or pops?

The hockey "fluctuating brightness" "pops" are actually strobes in the arena. It's been proven and posted on one of the threads.
post #69 of 12337
People actually thought the strobes was their tv screwing up??!! eek.gif
post #70 of 12337
He's referring to actual brightness pops, which some 2012 Samsung models suffered previously from.

There is zero issue with brightness pops on the 2012 Panny's though, so it wasn't really worth asking.
post #71 of 12337
ah ok. never noticed it
post #72 of 12337
Any word on the review? With Cleveland Plasma having the 8500 review up pretty late tonight, I'm assuming their ST60 review/impressions will have to wait till tomorrow at this point. Really hoping for some good news on that set, hoping it's even better than last year's ST50 (...or dare I dream even better than the VT50's?)
post #73 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

He's referring to actual brightness pops, which some 2012 Samsung models suffered previously from.

There is zero issue with brightness pops on the 2012 Panny's though, so it wasn't really worth asking.

I don't think he was, since he owns a GT50. wink.gif

Or is is the ST50 WattheF?
post #74 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

I don't think he was, since he owns a GT50. wink.gif

Or is is the ST50 WattheF?

I think he has an ST50 now, but I believe he had a Samsung before that. smile.gif
post #75 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

I don't think he was, since he owns a GT50. wink.gif

Or is is the ST50 WattheF?

I think he has an ST50 now, but I believe he had a Samsung before that. smile.gif

Edit: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1463454/official-samsung-pnxxf8500-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/300#post_23121132
post #76 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

I don't think he was, since he owns a GT50. wink.gif

Or is is the ST50 WattheF?

I think he has an ST50 now, but I believe he had a Samsung before that. smile.gif

It doesn't matter. He's referring to hockey games, not the brightness pops of 2011.
post #77 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by betheri View Post

I don't know what the new VT looks like so can't comment on that. I do think the image is sharper than the ST50 especially with my 1080i cable box signal.
Besides 1080i, you can also test with a 720p format signal via cable box on a 720p HD channel (like Fox or ABC) with the ST60?
Some had complained about an "oil painting" look with 720p format signals on the ST50s and GT50s.
post #78 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

It doesn't matter. He's referring to hockey games, not the brightness pops of 2011.

You were too quick for my edit. rolleyes.gif
Edited by JSpectre88 - 3/26/13 at 3:32am
post #79 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by carminepesce View Post

I can't see how anyone considers an ST50 "soft". I have mine for a bit over a month now, ran d-nice slides for 100 hours & put in all of his settings & my picture is FAR from soft. Guess it might just be that "new model" syndrome....lol

just my 2 cents...
Carmine.

I took my 50 back without ever laying eyes on a 60. Trust me it was pillow soft. May have just been mine? I was at sears yesterday and they had same model I had 55" 50 and it didn't look soft but it was running there ad stuff which is super sharp. Sears close out price on the 55" 50 was $1139 btw
post #80 of 12337
I've had just about every top end TV in the last 3 years, Trust me, The ST50 picture is soft.
post #81 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by carminepesce View Post

I can't see how anyone considers an ST50 "soft". I have mine for a bit over a month now, ran d-nice slides for 100 hours & put in all of his settings & my picture is FAR from soft. Guess it might just be that "new model" syndrome....lol

No. It's definitely soft. It's by far the biggest single complaint i've seen among all the 2012 model owners, and is the only complaint i have about my GT50. It's softer than my G10 & PZ700U, softer than all the other 1080p models in my social/family circles that i've set up and see on a somewhat regular basis (50PZ85, 50S1, 50S2, 42ST30, 50ST30, 60ST30 ). I've compared my GT50 to my G10 side by side with an HDMI splitter and the difference in detail and crispness is profound. I've also directly compared a 50GT50 with a 51PNE7000 side-by-side in an audition room at my local Magnolia more than a few times with Panny remote in hand, and the Sammy is considerably sharper and crisper (facial detail, whiskers, stubble, zits, hair, eyelashes, clothing, neckties, pinstripes, all forms of large and small text, wood grain detail, etc. I was just there again a few days ago to see if they have an ST60 yet (they don't) and again compared their GT50 to it's PNE7000 room mate. The Samsung kicks it's butt in this area and it bothers me every minute i watch my 50GT50, even with the Darbee.

If it turns out that the new ST60 series is sharper and crisper than the 2012 models i'm going to be sad Randy because there's not a single 2013 Panasonic model that meets my requirements.
post #82 of 12337
Buzzing on the st60 is 99% non-existent even on white slides in my dead silent living room I had to move within 3 or 4 inches to hear the barely audible buzz. You would have to be bionic to hear it buzz from a foot away. If all panels are like mine buzzing will be a non-issue this year.

Also sears has the st60's 50" for $999 and the 60" for $1499!!!!! If you want one those are deals BB wants $1149 for a 50" thought this may help someone.
post #83 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

No. It's definitely soft. It's by far the biggest single complaint i've seen among all the 2012 model owners, and is the only complaint i have about my GT50. It's softer than my G10 & PZ700U, softer than all the other 1080p models in my social/family circles that i've set up and see on a somewhat regular basis (50PZ85, 50S1, 50S2, 42ST30, 50ST30, 60ST30 ). I've compared my GT50 to my G10 side by side with an HDMI splitter and the difference in detail and crispness is profound. I've also directly compared a 50GT50 with a 51PNE7000 side-by-side in an audition room at my local Magnolia more than a few times with Panny remote in hand, and the Sammy is considerably sharper and crisper (facial detail, whiskers, stubble, zits, hair, eyelashes, clothing, neckties, pinstripes, all forms of large and small text, wood grain detail, etc. I was just there again a few days ago to see if they have an ST60 yet (they don't) and again compared their GT50 to it's PNE7000 room mate. The Samsung kicks it's butt in this area and it bothers me every minute i watch my 50GT50, even with the Darbee.

If it turns out that the new ST60 series is sharper and crisper than the 2012 models i'm going to be sad Randy because there's not a single 2013 Panasonic model that meets my requirements.

I read a lot of your posts and you commented on some of mine the month I had the 50. Your gonna be sad. 60 is SHARP and punchy! Shadow detail is also better. I watched the dark knight rises a million times while fiddling with my 50. The scene where he talks to Selina in the dark subway tunnel has tons more detail on the 60. More contrast so nothing ever looks dim. Like watching golf on the 50 with gamma at 2.6 it made a bright sunny day dim. So far the 60 really is coming near perfect knocking out every bothersome issue I had with the 50.
post #84 of 12337
Yes, I believe they were going to review the 50" model.
post #85 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggweeziehd View Post

I read a lot of your posts and you commented on some of mine the month I had the 50. Your gonna be sad. 60 is SHARP and punchy! Shadow detail is also better. I watched the dark knight rises a million times while fiddling with my 50. The scene where he talks to Selina in the dark subway tunnel has tons more detail on the 60. More contrast so nothing ever looks dim. Like watching golf on the 50 with gamma at 2.6 it made a bright sunny day dim. So far the 60 really is coming near perfect knocking out every bothersome issue I had with the 50.

It does sound very good mate. Only problem I have with it is the reflections, Judging by many pictures I've seen this is a problem in bright conditions.

I'm tempted by the VT60 after a slightly disappointing review for the F8500.
post #86 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggweeziehd View Post

I read a lot of your posts and you commented on some of mine the month I had the 50. Your gonna be sad. 60 is SHARP and punchy! Shadow detail is also better. I watched the dark knight rises a million times while fiddling with my 50. The scene where he talks to Selina in the dark subway tunnel has tons more detail on the 60. More contrast so nothing ever looks dim. Like watching golf on the 50 with gamma at 2.6 it made a bright sunny day dim. So far the 60 really is coming near perfect knocking out every bothersome issue I had with the 50.

Why would you watch with a gamma of 2.6 that would explain the dimness.
post #87 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

Why would you watch with a gamma of 2.6 that would explain the dimness.

I didn't... But that's the setting recommended by nearly all the pros
post #88 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjw View Post

It does sound very good mate. Only problem I have with it is the reflections, Judging by many pictures I've seen this is a problem in bright conditions.

I'm tempted by the VT60 after a slightly disappointing review for the F8500.

Same as 50 both are somewhat reflective. They are so similar in that regard I wouldn't make it an issue. Internet pics and videos are in super bright box store like conditions
post #89 of 12337
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggweeziehd View Post

I didn't... But that's the setting recommended by nearly all the pros

So the ST50 is mediocre in comparison in your opinion ?
post #90 of 12337
Just received my 50 ST60 this morning from Best Buy, which price matched Sears. They knocked some more off the price because someone had the audacity to return it already! My gain.It had just arrived in stock there the day before I saw it open box.The staff was very helpful. Played with it for a few seconds before I had to go back to work. Blacks look deep to my eye, deeper than my GT30 which I love and most certainly to the Samsung E7000 I replaced it with. Looking forward to seeing reviews and what the best settings are.

Happy Camper here.
Edited by pos1121 - 3/26/13 at 8:52am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread