or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread - Page 213

post #6361 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by fester99 View Post

Ok so I had thought i was lucky. From hour 1 there was no IR ever on my panel, however now that i am 300 hours in i am getting IR with just leaving something on the screen for just a minute or so. I am thinking this may be a bigger issue with age but that seems to go against typical plasma IR logic, as your panel ages it should become less susceptible to IR. At least I purchased BB's warranty and they cover Burn In so I feel comfortable. I will just wait it out and see where it goes. I would now agree that this TV has an IR problem as it ages.
Whats your contrast levels at?
post #6362 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettrules21 View Post

Whats your contrast levels at?
Well I am using Cadett's settings for 300+ hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett View Post

Now that I have about 300+ Hours on my 60ST60, I decided to recal. Here are the settings I arrived at.
Here are the settings a arrived at for my 60"ST60.
Software: Calamn 5
Meter: i1Display calibrated adainst an Eye One Pro
Source PS3
Pattern Used: Mascior's Disk-5% APL Windows

Picture Mode: Custom
Contrast: 82
Brightness: +2
Color: 50
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0
Color Temp: Warm2
Vivid Color: Off
C.A.T.S: Off
Video NR: Off
MPEG NR: Off
Motion Smoother: Off

Pro Settings
Panel Brightness: Mid
AGC: 0
Black Extension: 0
Color Gamut: Normal

W/B Detail Adjustment
W/B High R: -4
W/B High G: 0
W/B High B: -4
W/B Low R: -1
W/B Low G: 0
W/B Low B: 0

(W/B) More Detail Adjustment
10 W/B R: 4
10 W/B G: 0
10 W/B B: 0

20 W/B R: 13
20 W/B G: 0
20 W/B B: -8

30 W/B R: 14
30 W/B G: 0
30 W/B B: 20

40 W/B R: 6
40 W/B G: 0
40 W/B B: 12

50 W/B R: 5
50 W/B G: 0
50 W/B B: 2

60 W/B R: 2
60 W/B G: 0
60 W/B B: -3

70 W/B R: 3
70 W/B G: 0
70 W/B B: 0

80 W/B R: 0
80 W/B G: 0
80 W/B B: -2

90 W/B R: -3
90 W/B G: 0
90 W/B B: 3

100 W/B R: -3
100 W/B G: 0
100 W/B B: 4

Color Detail Adjustment
R-Hue: -4
R-Sat: -7
R-Lum: -3

G-Hue: 19
G-Sat: -20
G-Lum: -1

B-Hue: 9
B-Sat: 5
B-Lum: -3

Gamma Detail Adjustment
Gamma: 2.4

(Gamma) More Detail Adjustment
10 Gain: 2
20 Gain: 23
30 Gain: 7
40 Gain: 1
50 Gain: 4
60 Gain: 5
70 Gain: 3
80 Gain: 2
90 Gain: 1
100 Gain: 0

Advance Picture
3:2 PullDown: Auto

HDMI Content Type
Set all to off!

HDMI/DVI RGB Range
***Leave settings in this menu at their default***

Screen Settings
Overscan: Off
H size: Size 1
post #6363 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessroute View Post

Can someone tell me how to play slides from USB. I searched the manual, only shows me how to remove USB. When I plug in the USB nothing pops up asking to play.
I am playing them from the PS3 using DLNA media streaming for not just not sure how to do it from USB at Dnice had intended

MN figured out there is a media player under apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_One View Post



Hit USB on TV remote - done.


Good lord...I spent all last night trying to find how to play the D-NICE Slide show off of a USB thumb drive & this answer was right here!

Now I have 8 days to figure out the rest of the ST60's menu!
Thanks again!
post #6364 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpie65 View Post

For those of you that mounted their TVs....how high up did you go? I understand the general rule of thumb is to have the center of the screen be at eye level when seated. This seems to come in around 39-40 inches or so. That would mean for the 60" ST60 that the bottom edge of the TV will sit around 23" off the ground, which is basically at TV stand height. But it seems like most have their TVs a little higher. So my question is, how high up? I was making some markings on the wall to try and lay it out and 48 inches on center looks pretty good (but thats just with blue tape on the wall and no TV yet). Thank you.

Would like to know this as well. TV and stand are both in transit and I am having it wall mounted. My stand is 22" and my center speaker is 7". Previously I had the center in the middle of the stand, but I am thinking about placing it on top of the stand so that the vocals are coming from a higher spot.




Can someone please tell me how posting the screen shots works. I really dont get it. I am using my Mac monitor to look at pics. It seems to me that the picture can only look as good as what you are viewing it on. Kind of like someone posting a audio sound from there high end speakers and my listening to it on my computer speakers
post #6365 of 12345
I don't think his settings work for the us panels ,I had try on all my previous plasmas and my current one non us settings with not success, they look way off ,but who knows, give it a try.
post #6366 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

Nice, but why didn't you run the cables behind the wall, it would look more professional.

I don't want to speak for him, but in my experience, the headaches introduced in running wires through the walls isn't worth it. Moving things around, adding devices, bad cables, etc. It's just more practical to have them accessible.
post #6367 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post

I don't want to speak for him, but in my experience, the headaches introduced in running wires through the walls isn't worth it. Moving things around, adding devices, bad cables, etc. It's just more practical to have them accessible.

I disagree , all my set-ups have been the same and not once had any problems, not only it looks professional but it gives a more modern clean look without the cheap looking strips or wires all over the wall/place. Although I understand if you don't own your own place it's not really worth it. All I have is one HDMI/power cable in the wall. Adding devices does not make a difference as all my components are hooked up HDMI thru my Onkyo receiver. Just swap device and done. My speakers are hanged on the wall as well and wires in the wall, everyone always comment on them how nice and clean everything looks., some even asked if my speakers were wireless, lol. I assumed you've had bad experiences with cables, therefore you prefer to have everything accessible. Even if I wanted to swap my HDMI cable to 2.0 when it becomes available its not hard at all.
post #6368 of 12345
For those getting IR, if you started getting it from day one (or very early on) did it improve over time? For those that didn't get IR early are you now experiencing it, and if so, how long have you had your ST60 and/or how many hours? I'm wondering if it is more likely to get it early on and then maybe it essentially goes away (or isn't noticeable during normal viewing) versus not getting it early and then being plagued with it later.

For what it's worth I had two 55ST50s, each of which I kept for ~60 days before returning, and both got IR rather easily. Both got it from the SMART VIERA logo as well satellite guide, though it didn't last long. The worst was when I accidentally left the menu from the bluray "Up" onscreen for 15-30 minutes and it took 8-10 hours of various full screen content plus the wiper to remove it completely.

I want to get a 60ST60, but don't want to deal with stubborn, persistent IR, especially considering I watch a lot of soccer and play video games. I ultimately plan on getting one soon, just hoping the IR isn't too bad.
post #6369 of 12345
Well after my "no IR YET" post, sure enough I ran the scroll bar looking and my wife pointed it out lol. Barley could see the "D" from the Investigation Discovery logo even with running contrast in the 40s. I do mean barley too. Takes me like 10 swipes with the scrolling bar to even see it but it was there. Probably gonna run the Pixel flipper overnight just to be safe and stay on top of it. Oh well.
post #6370 of 12345
I have about 500+ hrs and I haven't notice IR. I watch a lot of sports with the ticker at the bottom. I'm using caddetts original settings and not the 300hr one. It seems his original settings is just a little brighter compared to his recal at 300hrs.
post #6371 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobhere View Post

I have about 500+ hrs and I haven't notice IR. I watch a lot of sports with the ticker at the bottom. I'm using caddetts original settings and not the 300hr one. It seems his original settings is just a little brighter compared to his recal at 300hrs.
Correct. Original was at 40fl which to me was too bright at 60", so I cranked it back to 35fl & it's perfect.
post #6372 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobhere View Post

I have about 500+ hrs and I haven't notice IR. I watch a lot of sports with the ticker at the bottom. I'm using caddetts original settings and not the 300hr one. It seems his original settings is just a little brighter compared to his recal at 300hrs.

Can you provide a link for caddetts settings please? Thanks.
post #6373 of 12345
Been looking at the st 60inch, i heard the plasma screen was different from the other model sizes. Can anybody tell me how a computer display/ text looks on the 60 inch.
post #6374 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrassie86 View Post

Been looking at the st 60inch, i heard the plasma screen was different from the other model sizes. Can anybody tell me how a computer display/ text looks on the 60 inch.
Big
post #6375 of 12345
thank you, plus starting prices are lower this year so not much to complain about 10.gif
post #6376 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post

Can you provide a link for caddetts settings please? Thanks.
look up literally 10 posts from yours and i posted them. Those are his 300 hours plus settings. Click on the little text bubble with an arrow in the quote and it will transport you to the original post.
Or click here

Cadett's 300+ Hours Settings

Cadett's Original Dim Room Settings
post #6377 of 12345
After 8+ years our 50" Panny died. It was sudden. The screen was still perfect. Paid $95 to have it looked at. Some electronics bit the dust and wasn't worth repairing.

Madly started doing research and while not reading all 6000 plus messages came to the conclusion - this would do. Decided on the 60" size - less than $200 more than the 55".

While suffering from TV withdrawal - started shopping. BB did not have the 60" either for shipping or any store within 75 miles of SF area. Sears had/has it listed - but no availability. Found a small west coast chain - Video Only - that has it and it will be delivered Friday. Price was the same as the other stores that didn't have it. I think the other stores may have had the 55".

Anyway - after paying $5K in the early days of plasma where no B&M store had them (had to mail order) - 42" about 11-12 years ago - paying $1500 for a modern bigger screen isn't so bad. Of course that old 42" wasn't true HD.

As Arnold would say "I'll be back" - when the new screen arrives. I've already picked up useful tips, here.

mike
post #6378 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansebiz View Post

Is that why the SEC had 12 first round draft picks and the Big Ten had one?

Just a little ribbing smile.gif Peace
post #6379 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett View Post

Correct. Original was at 40fl which to me was too bright at 60", so I cranked it back to 35fl & it's perfect.

Well, the beauty of the st60 there are two settings you can customize...cinema and custom, so you can have one brighter and one darker. Sometimes the 35fl doesn't cut it...you miss a lot of shadow detail on some sources and room brightness also comes into play. Even simply changing the channel on Directv can result in a picture that is too dark at 35fl, so it's really nice to have a brighter option to go to.

It's amazing to me that simply changing channel's can require a settings change to get the best picture, but it does. I've found the source is even more important than room brightness when choosing a setting. It's worked out perfectly for me having cinema set as the darker option and custom as the brighter option. Because of the variance in channels/sources, there is no one perfect setting...having a darker and brighter setting to go to on the fly is your best option. smile.gif
post #6380 of 12345
Its a real drag that the 55" and 60" units are so hot inventory has dried up.......
post #6381 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettrules21 View Post

Well after my "no IR YET" post, sure enough I ran the scroll bar looking and my wife pointed it out lol. Barley could see the "D" from the Investigation Discovery logo even with running contrast in the 40s. I do mean barley too. Takes me like 10 swipes with the scrolling bar to even see it but it was there. Probably gonna run the Pixel flipper overnight just to be safe and stay on top of it. Oh well.

That's very disappointing.
post #6382 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Its a real drag that the 55" and 60" units are so hot inventory has dried up.......

That's why now is not the time to buy one. The less demand the greater the bargain you can get.
post #6383 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post

That's why now is not the time to buy one. The less demand the greater the bargain you can get.
As long as they dont run out the best time is usually the next February right around the time the new models are coming out. Would you agree?
post #6384 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

I disagree , all my set-ups have been the same and not once had any problems, not only it looks professional but it gives a more modern clean look without the cheap looking strips or wires all over the wall/place. Although I understand if you don't own your own place it's not really worth it. All I have is one HDMI/power cable in the wall. Adding devices does not make a difference as all my components are hooked up HDMI thru my Onkyo receiver. Just swap device and done. My speakers are hanged on the wall as well and wires in the wall, everyone always comment on them how nice and clean everything looks., some even asked if my speakers were wireless, lol. I assumed you've had bad experiences with cables, therefore you prefer to have everything accessible. Even if I wanted to swap my HDMI cable to 2.0 when it becomes available its not hard at all.

Can you post pics of your setup?
post #6385 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

Just a little ribbing smile.gif Peace

All good - I'm just messing with you too.
post #6386 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansebiz View Post

Can you post pics of your setup?

Yeah sure, here you go. wink.gif


GT50 -55" ,Klipsch Gallery G28's, Klipsch RC-52, Klipsch sub12 Denon surrounds, Onkyo HT-RC360,PS3,HTPC,Telus Optik HD cable,Belking surge protector, Darbee, Logitech Harmony One.
1080i football

Ambient light
post #6387 of 12345
Is that your Ferrari 458 Italia?
post #6388 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by fester99 View Post

look up literally 10 posts from yours and i posted them. Those are his 300 hours plus settings. Click on the little text bubble with an arrow in the quote and it will transport you to the original post.
Or click here

Cadett's 300+ Hours Settings

Cadett's Original Dim Room Settings

Thanks!

I'm always surprised that with IR being a big concern, people here are so aggressive with Contrast settings in the 80+.
Edited by tripleM - 6/20/13 at 10:01am
post #6389 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post

That's why now is not the time to buy one. The less demand the greater the bargain you can get.
However, once your main screen has died and is the only one connected to a DVR and BD Player, we have no choice but to buy NOW. It would be different if were simply a matter of the screen slowly fading away - then we could wait. Being 3 days, now, w.o. watching the Daily Show/Colbert, Hockey finals on my schedule - is a drag.
In the early days of Plasma - we had no choice but to buy from people like you. Local outlets like Circuit City, Good Guys (remember them??) didn't carry flat screens. I will pay a small premium to buy local rather than mail order.
mike (Who does order a lot from Amazon and stuff like cables, when needed, from MonoPrice)
post #6390 of 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Is that your Ferrari 458 Italia?

I'm still saving for it, all this Home theatre stuff can get pricey you know.biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic TC-PxxST60 Series thread