1) How long have you owned this unit?
2) Where you purchased?
3) Is this your first Vizio E601-A3 unit?
4) List what happened and the time frame it took since you turned on this unit?
5) Was your unit repaired or replacement?
6) Did you buy another Vizio E601-A3? Or which make & model did your replace it with?
7) What are the FIRST TWO NUMBERS OF YOUR VIZIO SERIAL NUMBER?
8) Average hours used per day?
2) Costco - Medford, OR
4) 3 times, while making configuration changes, unit has went blank with a loud pop. Screen shows a faint cloudy backlighting(?) but is not responsive to controls. There is no video, audio, response to remote or button panel. (CPU halt?) Unplugged/Re-plugged/Powered-on to restart. (CPU reboot?). This has not yet occurred while simply watching programming - only while using remote. If it happens in the future, I'll pay closer attention to the sequence of events/operations. From other posts, it sounds like another common problem different from the BSOD.
It would be nice to continue collecting data to flush out whether this is simply a SW bug or indicative of a more serious issue like a power supply problem. ...and to make sure users are reporting BSOD's and CPU crashes as separate problems.
At times the sound cycles from soft to loud continuously. Turning off SRS Tru Sound fixes this. However, as another poster has indicated, this wouldn't be a problem except that I prefer the Tru Sound setting.
I have also noted very minor lip-sync issues but consider it insignificant.
8) 7-8 hrs/day (Will leave unit on 24/day for the remainder of the Costco return period.)Great forum!!
This is a fantastic way for consumers to help each other, keep mfrs honest, and to have some positive influence over the quality of the products we purchase.
Mike - Retired Product Mgr/Engineer