or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › DIY Suggestion Needed For Tall Slim Tower Speakers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Suggestion Needed For Tall Slim Tower Speakers

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I am getting really close to pulling the trigger on a set of Clearwave Dynamic 4TSE and 4CC tower. I really like the tall MTMWWWW look, and would prefer to stick to that. $2k for the three from Clearwave is making me a little hesitant because I have not heard them in person. I searched but could not find anybody in the Northwest that has built a set of these for a demo.

I search quite a bit, but could not find any other design that is fairly slim and tall with 4 woofers. The other DIY design that I've looked into is the statement, but they are way too bulky. The one design that fits what I am looking for is the stentorian, but I can not find a detailed review on them. Most reviews focused on the value/ bang for the buck of the speakers. This doesn't help much considering its $400 for the 3 front speakers.

Is there any other designs that I missed? I am open to other designs. I'll be using them for 60% movie, 40% music. WAF/ esthetics is a fairly big deal, as they are not in a dedicated room where she will not see them all the time.I looked over the few waveguide design, but the lady said they look ugly and there's no way they are going to sit in the family room.
post #2 of 9
This might be a good fit

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/2.5-way-speaker-kits/zaph|audio-za5.5-tall-tower-2.5-way-pair/

The center is only an mtm though

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/mtm-speaker-kits/zaph|audio-za5.3c-center-channel-single/
post #3 of 9
Send me an email, and I'll put you in contact with some Clearwave builders in your area. There's definitely at least one.

Jed
www.clearwavespeakers.com
post #4 of 9
Those Clearwave speakers look nice, but, I wonder how they would sound compared to the Statements?
post #5 of 9
I don't know but I was very disappointed after visiting the site.
The connection is so slow that it takes 10-30 seconds for pages to load and there is no selection whatsoever.
I realize they can design anything, but there at least used to be an assortment of ready made designs.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmst3 View Post

I don't know but I was very disappointed after visiting the site.
The connection is so slow that it takes 10-30 seconds for pages to load and there is no selection whatsoever.
I realize they can design anything, but there at least used to be an assortment of ready made designs.

Perhaps you missed the link to the components section for my Dynamic Series? There are more than a few options listed including flat pack kits, barebones kits, and full equipped models. The Dynamic Series has always been a kit, so the finished option will be in the hands of the DIYer: http://www.clearwavespeakers.com/webapps/category/98515/300200/82317

Some of the DIY build pages on my site are slow because they are large pdf files with many pictures. This is provided free for anyone to browse, but the downside is it might take a few seconds to load, depending on your internet service provider. The other weppages should load quickly, however I've had a lot of traffic lately because of my "Best of 2013" award from parttimeaudiophile just recently http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/12/31/the-best-of-2013/. Please do check back, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

In other news, I'm working on some new products to expand on the finished models as well. They should be around in the spring, if it all goes well. So far so good!

Regards,
Jed K
Clearwave Speakers
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed K. View Post

Perhaps you missed the link to the components section for my Dynamic Series? There are more than a few options listed including flat pack kits, barebones kits, and full equipped models. The Dynamic Series has always been a kit, so the finished option will be in the hands of the DIYer: http://www.clearwavespeakers.com/webapps/category/98515/300200/82317

Some of the DIY build pages on my site are slow because they are large pdf files with many pictures. This is provided free for anyone to browse, but the downside is it might take a few seconds to load, depending on your internet service provider. The other weppages should load quickly, however I've had a lot of traffic lately because of my "Best of 2013" award from parttimeaudiophile just recently http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/12/31/the-best-of-2013/. Please do check back, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

In other news, I'm working on some new products to expand on the finished models as well. They should be around in the spring, if it all goes well. So far so good!

Ahh, ya, there it is! Yes, I did miss that after the site redesign.
I was just confused as to why the Dynamic Series was not under products directly but rather Components.
Congrats on the award! cool.gif
Edited by jpmst3 - 1/5/14 at 3:18pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

Those Clearwave speakers look nice, but, I wonder how they would sound compared to the Statements?

I believe at least one of my customers has had both. I know "Deewan" over at the PE forum could fill you in on his take. Not sure if he frequents this site though. Regarding my driver choices: I went with the HDS tweeter because I think it sounds very airy and punchy, yet it also has the ability to cross low to the mids for good power response characteristics. I chose sealed box mids for ease of placement in the room, and a quad of RS180-8s for a slim profile and great power handling.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmst3 View Post

I don't know but I was very disappointed after visiting the site.
The connection is so slow that it takes 10-30 seconds for pages to load and there is no selection whatsoever.
I realize they can design anything, but there at least used to be an assortment of ready made designs.

That's odd. The site loaded in about 1 second for me, and each page loaded in less time than that. I have 15 mbs internet down, 1.5 up, nothing special.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › DIY Suggestion Needed For Tall Slim Tower Speakers