Received the iNuke 3000DSP this weekend. Visitors left just in time to let me complete construction (just about) this weekend. This is how things looked when I started this morning. I had already cut components:
Mounted the driver to make sure everything was aligned correctly. I used threaded inserts from home depot, embedded in some PL.
Cut out the braces:
Step 1 is done. Getting ready for step 2:
Here it is with bracing between flares 2 and 3. The plywood turned out to be pretty good. Not a lot of warping, even though it's been sitting in my garage for about 3 years:
Getting to the home stretch:
And it's done (except for bracing the mouth). That's an Alpine driver in there.
I had a neighbor come over to help drag it out of the shop. We placed it in my storage area, right next to the rack for testing purposes. Hooked it up to the iNuke, and let it rip. Couldn't even wait to get the driver secured. I believe it produces about 100 times more bass than the driver running outside the cabinet. After securing the driver to the cabinet, I turned things up a bit more. Sounds great, but I did hear it bottom out, so down went the volume.
I wired the voice coils on the 4 ohm driver in series, giving me 8 ohms. I left the iNuke with its default settings. Now it's time to download and install the DSP software, and implement a filter. Then I'll have to figure out how to do measurements once I get it in its final resting spot.