Originally Posted by the Otter
I picked up my 47LM6400 at Sam’s Club and hooked it up, yesterday. I have also noticed the light bleed at the upper corners, along with some other issues:
• The YouTube app has intense difficulty playing videos that play fine on our computers. SD videos have a noticeable lag between audio and video while HD videos have to buffer every second or two.
• Internet videos on CBS.com (which also play fine on our computers) stop playing after every commercial, forcing us to reload the page.
• Hulu is so slow that we couldn’t even get to the point where we could start a video. (See a pattern here?)
• Netflix randomly asks us to log in again—a minor annoyance when the kids aren’t around, but a major one when we don’t want them to see the password.
• The “Magic Remote” is so sensitive that it activates a cursor on the screen every time someone farts in its general direction. However, the cursor disappears within a couple of seconds—usually just about the time I try to click on something, assuming I was touching the remote in the first place.
• The “Magic Remote” is also very difficult to use in a darkened room, as it has virtually no tactile feedback to distinguish between buttons.
All this is stuff I noticed within the first 12 hours of ownership. I’m not sure what to do about it, since this is our first flat-panel TV and I have no clue what’s par for the course. Is this normal stuff, or should I be looking elsewhere?
I just picked up this TV 2 days ago. Have a little bright spot on the top left corner but the rest of the TV is perfect. I returned a 55lm4600 that had light bleed in all 4 corners so for that issue you have to all yourself goitre bad it is as you could be risking getting something worse.
Of course Sam's Club is good about returns but it is annoying to have to pack up a large TV and being it back on a weekly basis.
For the remote, there is an iPhone or Android app you can download which is great all around but will definitely help in the dark.
Haven't used to many smart features yet but did stream a 30 minute Netflix show last night with no issues and the quality of the picture was great!