or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Latest Industry News › Panasonic ZT60 Plasma at CES 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic ZT60 Plasma at CES 2013 - Page 6

post #151 of 366
Actually the office tables look different too. You might as well leave the picture out of the picture smile.gif
post #152 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post

Actually the office tables look different too. You might as well leave the picture out of the picture smile.gif

Or take a picture of a picture and use that to compare wink.gif
post #153 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerguy View Post

I disagree. There is a market "sweet spot at somewhere between $2500 to $3000. Panasonic is clearlt aiming this at the consumer market as opposed to the "prosumer" or professional market, where the price points are higher. The visual differences are such that deciding between the ztt60/65 ot the vt55/65 will be a wash for most consumers. Those people will happily get what they deem to be the "same" picture at the lowered price points for the vt series, leaving the zt series dangling out there for those of us who actually take pleasure and/or comfort in having a quality, leading edge product. (Assuming these palenls live up to the current hype after more thouough hands-on testing and reports from folks who've actually bought the things for home use. Time will tell>) My worry is that Panasonic has come up with a great product but that not enough people will buy the things to help the company get out of the selfp0-imposed doldrums it is currently in.

I agree. As badly as I want one, at that price they will never drop to the point where I can afford it.
post #154 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyCyberguy View Post

@locdog33:
...
@erkq:
Do you have a reliable source for your claim that Blu-rays are mastered with a 2.4 gamma?
AFAIK the gamma standard for all "home content" is 2.2 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_correction).
Gamma 2.4 is (AFAIK) often used for displays or projectors in dark home theaters to make the picture look more "film-like".
Correct me if I'm wrong.
...

I'm sure you're right which is why I hedged about it being debatable. It's certainly debatable if I'm wrong!
post #155 of 366
"Originally Posted by boomerguy

I disagree. There is a market "sweet spot at somewhere between $2500 to $3000. Panasonic is clearlt aiming this at the consumer market as opposed to the "prosumer" or professional market, where the price points are higher. The visual differences are such that deciding between the ztt60/65 ot the vt55/65 will be a wash for most consumers. Those people will happily get what they deem to be the "same" picture at the lowered price points for the vt series, leaving the zt series dangling out there for those of us who actually take pleasure and/or comfort in having a quality, leading edge product. (Assuming these palenls live up to the current hype after more thouough hands-on testing and reports from folks who've actually bought the things for home use. Time will tell>) My worry is that Panasonic has come up with a great product but that not enough people will buy the things to help the company get out of the selfp0-imposed doldrums it is currently in."

I'd have to go hunting again to find where I read it, but there was an article recently stating that the ZT's would be limited to 20,000 units. I am sure there are 20,000 videophiles willing to shell out for it IF it lives up to most of the hype.
post #156 of 366
Can y'all please stop it! It's over panasonic have done it zt60 is the new kuro if y'all sleep on this, your kuro will be #2 in PQ sorry if it hurt but its the truth! I miss the kuro when it came out but I'll be damn if I miss this one I ****ed up and got the Sony xbr5 in 2007 should of wait it but I loved the look, so the zt60 will be my next baby mama ( long live the kuro )and we will have a threesome with the PS4! LMAO! Y'all should be happy we can finally upgrade from that old technology! I couldn't wait to say that! Thanks panasonic we need it this!
post #157 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray23black View Post

Can y'all please stop it! It's over panasonic have done it zt60 is the new kuro if y'all sleep on this, your kuro will be #2 in PQ sorry if it hurt but its the truth! I miss the kuro when it came out but I'll be damn if I miss this one I ****ed up and got the Sony xbr5 in 2007 should of wait it but I loved the look, so the zt60 will be my next baby mama ( long live the kuro )and we will have a threesome with the PS4! LMAO! Y'all should be happy we can finally upgrade from that old technology! I couldn't wait to say that! Thanks panasonic we need it this!

You're being quite bold for someone that hasn't even seen this set. You may be right, or you may be wrong. Either way you're coming across like a prick. Especially when you cross-post the above in multiple threads just to elicit angry responses from everyone.
post #158 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray23black View Post

Can y'all please stop it! It's over panasonic have done it zt60 is the new kuro if y'all sleep on this, your kuro will be #2 in PQ sorry if it hurt but its the truth!

Since you have obviously already done a complete review and comparison of them both (otherwise you wouldn't put your claims as fact, as you do above, without seeming rediculous), could you please post your observations and measuring protocols in detail, so we can all see how you come to your conclusion yet?
I also hope for the ZT60 to be on par with or even better than the Kuro, but can still resist making enthusiastic and premature claims about it before I've seen and/or read solid proof of that in form of the final product.


UPDATE:
From "well informed sources" I've just come to know that there will be only 1000 Units of the TX-P60ZT60E for the German market, with an SRP of € 4500,- each.
They will be available as of May.
Edited by SkyCyberguy - 2/15/13 at 4:59am
post #159 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post



When properly calibrated those still pics should look quite alike. As one can see there are big differences. WEIRD confused.gifeek.gif

Exactly. But you had might as well bang your head against a brick wall and sit there dribbling for all the difference it would make.

zt60-tx-p60zt60-plasma-tv-pictures-eyes-on-vs-pioneer-kuro-5_zps9f4491bd.jpg
left:600A right:ZT60

Edited by Stu03 - 2/15/13 at 5:25am
post #160 of 366
Ye
Quote:
Originally Posted by pred1973 View Post

If you were anybody but yourself reading this, you would realize how ridiculously ignorant you come across. You do realize that 5+ years ago selling super-expensive displays was difficult because there was not nearly the amount of programming for it right ? (very little HD cable programming and BluRay vs HDDVD still wasn't all the way settled). So people were more interested in buying a tv from wal-mart for 1/10 th the price of a Kuro. You also realize that without the cheap LCD's and plasma's it would have taken a lot longer for bluray to really become the standard. Pioneer also bankrupted their display business by putting out that quality. The most ignorant part is that you seem to have no clue that it would be illegal for other manufacturers to make a tv like Pioneer did back then, given the environmental laws that don't permit them to use things like mercury or other highly toxic materials or to consume the massive amounts of electricity required to power the Kuro's (comparatively speaking). Maybe for your niece's sake you might consider the planet the next time you are watching your Kuro and take second to consider all the things that had to happen in order for you to be able to have that, and that in her interest a new way had to be found.
Yea great I have better things to do. Arguing with a fool only proves there are two
post #161 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Ye

Yea great I have better things to do. Arguing with a fool only proves there are two

Man, why so aggressive?
post #162 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Ye

Yea great I have better things to do. Arguing with a fool only proves there are two

Just glad you are not cluttering up the argument with facts, name calling is really the ideal way of showing your superior intellect. LOL

Have a good one.
post #163 of 366
Really guys? Specs are specs, the true test is a hands on comparison between the new and old technologies! This is supposed to be a forum of ideas and information, not the WWE!
post #164 of 366
Apparently people believe that because there is a blank box to write things in, it allows them post irrelevant thoughts and ideas and use this forum to attack those who don't agree with them. The fact remains that we have yet to see definitive side-by-side reviews other than what some few people saw at CES. Not to mention the fact that serious reviewers haven't yet had the opportunity to judge these things using the scientific equipment that will give us unequivocal answers about the panels' abilities once they've been professionally calibrated. Until now we're going on just enough information to allow people to make assumptions and then spin those assumptions into "facts", many of which seem to based on bias as opposed to actual measurements and experience. While there seems to be a consensus that Panasonic may have hit the ball out of the park (again), too may of us here are grinding our axes. Let's try to stick to what is known and use that as the basis for civilized discussions, okay?!
post #165 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

You're being quite bold for someone that hasn't even seen this set. You may be right, or you may be wrong. Either way you're coming across like a prick. Especially when you cross-post the above in multiple threads just to elicit angry responses from everyone.
just preorder mine from VE good people!!! They think the same way!! See y'll haters in may! Sorry if i hurt your feelings!
post #166 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerguy View Post

Apparently people believe that because there is a blank box to write things in, it allows them post irrelevant thoughts and ideas and use this forum to attack those who don't agree with them. The fact remains that we have yet to see definitive side-by-side reviews other than what some few people saw at CES. Not to mention the fact that serious reviewers haven't yet had the opportunity to judge these things using the scientific equipment that will give us unequivocal answers about the panels' abilities once they've been professionally calibrated. Until now we're going on just enough information to allow people to make assumptions and then spin those assumptions into "facts", many of which seem to based on bias as opposed to actual measurements and experience. While there seems to be a consensus that Panasonic may have hit the ball out of the park (again), too may of us here are grinding our axes. Let's try to stick to what is known and use that as the basis for civilized discussions, okay?!
I guess you thought the same...didnt realize I was amongst a group of higher intelligence in every aspect if life.
post #167 of 366
It's going to be funny when this TV comes out and still has the same issues as the vt50. They prolly bumped up everything on the kuro to make the Zt60 look better. I'm sure It will be a great tv but a picture is just a picture there's also things called photoshop. This all what if in here
post #168 of 366
I guess your all just as smart as me because you have into my aggressive posts. Any person with intellect would know in order to defeat someone as annoying as me you just simply ignore them lol good job I win cya have fun with your junk sets. KURO FOREVER
post #169 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

I guess your all just as smart as me because you have into my aggressive posts. Any person with intellect would know in order to defeat someone as annoying as me you just simply ignore them lol good job I win cya have fun with your junk sets. KURO FOREVER

You're assuming anyone wants to "defeat" you. I'm smarter. I know when to use "you're" vs. "your" and how to write grammatically correct English. But you're right. You are annoying... and entertaining.
post #170 of 366
I think its humorous to read the posts by some of the spammers here. You know, the angry ones who even if they have errors pointed out to them, have so little evolved ego that they reply by attacking those who disagree with them and believe doing so constitutes "winning". It's like watching the sadly comedic inanity of middle-schoolers reacting to one another as they begin to decipher and navigate the complexities of expected young adult behavior. The fact that we're trying to have a rational, friendly discussion here about a new product is irrelevant to these folks. What they want to do is shout, "Look at me, look at me, me, me, me . . . " etc. I, on the other hand, am looking forward to some of the upcoming, hands-on reviews and comparison of the ZT series vs the VT series as well as the old Kuros. Yes, impressions do count, but what matters more will be the actual measured visual realities, unbiased by anyone's particular immature need to be "right"!
post #171 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

You're assuming anyone wants to "defeat" you. I'm smarter. I know when to use "you're" vs. "your" and how to write grammatically correct English. But you're right. You are annoying... and entertaining.

Agreed. It appears that English is a dying language.
post #172 of 366
The only way this thing will be worth these kind of prices is if they improved the video processing as well as all these other improvements. The black level was already good enough for me, but I find the video processing of certain HD cable content is a bit below par on the Panasonic 50 series plasma's. When fed great quality content (bluray) these TV's are second to none but with lower quality content a lot of other TV's have a slight advantage. That needs to be fixed to warrant paying these prices...

If not I will stay in the ST/GT value range of things which BTW I do thoroughly enjoy.
Edited by wattheF - 2/17/13 at 12:00pm
post #173 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

The only way this thing will be worth these kind of prices is if they improved the video processing as well as all these other improvements. The black level was already good enough for me, but I find the video processing of certain HD cable content is a bit below par on the Panasonic 50 series plasma's. When fed great quality content (bluray) these TV's are second to none but with lower quality content a lot of other TV's have a slight advantage. That needs to be fixed to warrant paying these prices...

If not I will stay in the ST/GT value range of things which BTW I do thoroughly enjoy.


Have to agree with your comments

I currently own a VT50 55", although HD content always looks 1st class, also blurays and 3D.

As soon as you run SD content which there's is a lot of in the UK, the picture isn't as good.
post #174 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1975m View Post

Have to agree with your comments

I currently own a VT50 55", although HD content always looks 1st class, also blurays and 3D.

As soon as you run SD content which there's is a lot of in the UK, the picture isn't as good.

Do you guys use an avr?
post #175 of 366
Hi Scott,
Can you provide the actual dimensions of the ZT60? I am looking at if it fits into my current bedroom set up?
Also do you have an idea if the same model is going to be available in UK?
Thank you.
post #176 of 366
Sorr
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

You're assuming anyone wants to "defeat" you. I'm smarter. I know when to use "you're" vs. "your" and how to write grammatically correct English. But you're right. You are annoying... and entertaining.
Oh I'm so sorry mr grammar...didnt know this was an English forum if you want to talk about English and how certain words can be used or how they should be used i would be more than happen to show that you're intellect is worse than mine. And so you know statistics would show that your and you're are two of the most common mix ups in the English language. Maybe I'm dyslexic or have a reading problem do to a brain injury! Yet you wouldn't know thr cause you are just AV science guy not an a medical person or an English major so please sit down. And I'm not going to watch my spelling in a forum about TVs plus I'm at work so I don't care. Didnt know that we measure someone's intelligence by how they misspell two words that are commonly misspelled by most people. So therefore you are calling half this room idiots and you should critique each post with your excellent grammar knowledge and punctuation knowledge.
post #177 of 366
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerguy View Post

I think its humorous to read the posts by some of the spammers here. You know, the angry ones who even if they have errors pointed out to them, have so little evolved ego that they reply by attacking those who disagree with them and believe doing so constitutes "winning". It's like watching the sadly comedic inanity of middle-schoolers reacting to one another as they begin to decipher and navigate the complexities of expected young adult behavior. The fact that we're trying to have a rational, friendly discussion here about a new product is irrelevant to these folks. What they want to do is shout, "Look at me, look at me, me, me, me . . . " etc. I, on the other hand, am looking forward to some of the upcoming, hands-on reviews and comparison of the ZT series vs the VT series as well as the old Kuros. Yes, impressions do count, but what matters more will be the actual measured visual realities, unbiased by anyone's particular immature need to be "right"!
I won because you responded to my ignorance which was done purposely to anger you. And you sucked right into it haha

Have a good one
post #178 of 366
Knock it off guys...
post #179 of 366
This was posted in the Samsung thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVCHAD View Post

Updated pricing at launch. Launch dates unchanged.

51F8500: $1999
60F8500: $2999
64F8500: $3499

If that's the case, there's a pretty significant price difference between the F8500 and the z60. Now I really can't wait until the tests.
post #180 of 366
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feroz Eledath View Post

Hi Scott,
Can you provide the actual dimensions of the ZT60? I am looking at if it fits into my current bedroom set up?
Also do you have an idea if the same model is going to be available in UK?
Thank you.

I've sent a query to Panasonic; will post the response as soon as I get it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Latest Industry News
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Latest Industry News › Panasonic ZT60 Plasma at CES 2013