Oppo BDP-105 "Sound Quality" Check Thread for Audiophiles
With 94+ pages of hardware, firmware, and software tech-talk growing on the other BDP-105 owners thread, this thread is intended for "sound" only feedback, audio related discussion for the audiophile people and their new 105 players. Your sound related comments would be greatly appreciated about your experience and comparisons so far with your new BDP-105 player. Thanks in advance for your replies. Happy listening.
- How does your new Oppo BDP-105 player SOUND to you? Just Okay, Good, Great, Amazing?
- Are you connected through a preamp first, or (no preamp, no Audessy) BDP-105 direct-connect-to-amplifiers?
- Comparisons to other players or other DACs you've tried before? Same/Better/Worse?
- Sound quality when using the RCA analog stereo output?
- Sound quality when using the XLR analog stereo output?
- Sound quality when using 5.1 or 7.1 analog output instead of HDMI?
- Sound quality when using USB input? Or, other USB approaches?
- When connecting an HDMI input source, Cable box, etc?
- When streaming through Airplay or other methods?
Edited by decooney - 1/13/13 at 10:56pm