or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Audio theory, Setup and Chat › Indoor & Outdoor Theatre & Audio Setup question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Indoor & Outdoor Theatre & Audio Setup question

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
We moved into a new place and are starting from scratch to setup our audio/video system. I would like to ask the forum members for their expert advise.

We would like to have one central media setup and be able to stream all video (TV, DVD, IP-Camera, Internet) from there to

- Indoor Theater
- Outdoor Theater
- 1 Regular TV

and audio to
- additional 3 separate rooms with volume controls

The only given component is our Epson 6020 projector for the Indoor Theater. For Outdoor and extra TV we will use a 2D TV setup.

Any ideas/suggestions for the best setup and components with only one central location? We are not attached to specific brands, but usually go for better quality.

Thanks
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcgeller View Post

We moved into a new place and are starting from scratch to setup our audio/video system. I would like to ask the forum members for their expert advise.

We would like to have one central media setup and be able to stream all video (TV, DVD, IP-Camera, Internet) from there to

- Indoor Theater
- Outdoor Theater
- 1 Regular TV

and audio to
- additional 3 separate rooms with volume controls

The only given component is our Epson 6020 projector for the Indoor Theater. For Outdoor and extra TV we will use a 2D TV setup.

Any ideas/suggestions for the best setup and components with only one central location? We are not attached to specific brands, but usually go for better quality.

In this day and age the cost of electronics is such that your most flexible, highest performance and most economical solution would be build an independent system in every room that is tailored to its peculiar needs. At most share a centralized media server/library.
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Thank you for your advise.

We used to have such setup in our previous home, which was not very practical. Therefore I'm looking for a way to centralize all input to one location. Maybe add amplifier to the outdoor Theatre,? But stay with one AV receiver.

Any additional ideas/comments are welcome.

Thanks
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcgeller View Post

Thank you for your advise.

We used to have such setup in our previous home, which was not very practical.

Please explain.
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
4 Rooms with TV/Video
- 4 AV Receiver
- 4 Bluray players
- 4 Skyboxes
- 4 Antenna connections
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcgeller View Post

4 Rooms with TV/Video
- 4 AV Receiver
- 4 Bluray players
- 4 Skyboxes
- 4 Antenna connections

And the problem was?
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcgeller View Post

4 Rooms with TV/Video
- 4 AV Receiver
- 4 Bluray players
- 4 Skyboxes
- 4 Antenna connections
Not sure if by “streaming” you mean something internet-based, or wireless?

But you do realize that your former set-up, while arguably impractical, gives the most flexibility? For instance, two, three or four people could watch their own TV channel at the same time; same with watching blu-rays. You won’t get that with the central media set-up you’re looking at now. Not to mention, I’ll be surprised if you can stream video and still get blu-ray picture quality.

That said, I searched “stream video from DVD (assuming you want only a single source for each component [or perhaps an all-in-one HTPC set-up] and not the multiples you had before) and didn’t get much - this is all I found, and it has to do with something internet-based, not transmitting wirelessly. It looks like you first have to compress the signal, so PQ I assume goes out the window. Perhaps someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt



post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcgeller View Post

4 Rooms with TV/Video
- 4 AV Receiver
- 4 Bluray players
- 4 Skyboxes
- 4 Antenna connections

The only thing that seems silly about that is the 4 blue-ray players, hauling the discs around could get annoying. But, the solution to that is just to setup a media server, store them on the server, and have a XBMC device or whatever at each location. Also solves centralized music storage.
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
The problem was to maintain everything 4 times, plus the hassle of having dvd's everywhere. It should be possible to stream f.e. a tv signal via a central box and then to be able to watch channels independently in different rooms.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Audio theory, Setup and Chat
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Audio theory, Setup and Chat › Indoor & Outdoor Theatre & Audio Setup question