or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Latest Industry News › New Polk Audio TSX Series Home Theater Loudspeakers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Polk Audio TSX Series Home Theater Loudspeakers - Page 2

post #31 of 39
Which model would be comparable to the monitor 70 Series 2 tower?
post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post

Which model would be comparable to the monitor 70 Series 2 tower?

the TSx550T. though it seems to me that the TSx550 would actually be more comparable to the RTiA5.

ohher models directly comparable to the 70 would be
TSi500
Monitor 75T
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jason View Post

the TSx550T. though it seems to me that the TSx550 would actually be more comparable to the RTiA5.

ohher models directly comparable to the 70 would be
TSi500
Monitor 75T

Thanks!
post #34 of 39
the TSx330T is on sale right now at BestBuy for $124 each. not sure how much longer this will last though.
post #35 of 39
I picked up two TSx 550T and OMG they sound so amazing ^_^ absolutely love them, I managed to get the pair for around $600 before tax smile.gif
post #36 of 39
Any idea on how the 550T compares to the Klipsch RF-82 II for music?
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio81 View Post

Any idea on how the 550T compares to the Klipsch RF-82 II for music?

My local Frys, has both and a few others side by side to demo, granted the room was like an echo chamber but I have to say a side from the horn making things a bit tighter and crisper, they both performed very well to the point where I couldnt justify the $200 difference (each) in price so I went with the Polks smile.gif
Edited by Daniel Chaves - 4/3/14 at 1:22am
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Chaves View Post

My local Frys, has both and a few others side by side to demo, granted the room was like an echo chamber but I have to say a side from the horn making things a bit tighter and crisper, they both performed very well to the point where I couldnt justify the $200 difference (each) in price so I went with the Polks smile.gif

Thank you.

There is a Fry’s within 30-45 minutes from me. I’ll have to go check them out. I’ve had Klipsch RB-51 II bookshelves as fronts for the last couple of years, but I’ve recently gotten more into music than movies. I’d like to upgrade to towers, and the Polks look nice. I just don’t want to buy a whole new set of speakers if the Klipsch RF-82 fares well against the Polks, then that would be a cheaper option for me.
post #39 of 39

Did anyone notice the size of the actual speaker on the Polk TSX?

 

I have a pair of Polk TSX 110B bookshelfs and a Polk TSX 150C center, and I noticed that the diameter of the mid/woofer speakers is not 5-1/4" as stated by Polk, but in fact closer 4.5".  I find this odd, because the tweeter diameter correctly measures at 1" as advertised.  Perhaps I'm measuring it wrong, and I should be taking into account the size of the metal speaker basket frame?

 

Regardless, I'm happy with the sound I get out of the TSX speakers, I was just curious as to why the speaker measurements were off.  Is there a standard way to measure speakers or a set standard that manufacturer's use when building them?

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Latest Industry News
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Latest Industry News › New Polk Audio TSX Series Home Theater Loudspeakers