There are many things I would like to do in the theater (stage, screen wall, raised seating, bulkhead with rope light, fiber optics etc.) but am limited due to the available space and room configuration. Still, I would like to make the room spectacular and the envy of all of my friends!
Can anyone offer some advice regarding the direction I should take on:
- Speakers (floor standing, wall mounted, set into columns etc.): I am currently leaning towards in-walls/in-ceilings (7.1) with the fronts and centers behind an acoustically transparent screen
- Screen & projector - I am thinking 120", preferably 2.35:1. Not sure what do do for masking, gain, color.
- Ceiling - I have to build a bulkhead on one side of the room (by the door) and will mirror it on the other side. I will also be doing a drop ceiling, probably black acoustic tiles
- Seating - my wife has insisted the room be "comfortable"
- anything else worth discussing!
I will appreciate any advice to make this room a success. I will also take plenty of pictures during the build to keep everyone up to date.