or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › RTi12 Cherry Tower Loudspeaker Speaker Polk Audio for $375 @
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RTi12 Cherry Tower Loudspeaker Speaker Polk Audio for $375 @

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
I know size does not = quality. I have read about the thirst these have for power also. My application is almost 100 percent HT and was going to get the Onkyo 818...


My room size is 16 wide and 22 long but fairly open (no vaulted ceiling though).

I have been looking at the Klipsh 82 / 62 combo...but after a couple listens they seem for lack of words...to always have the treble too high..and the mids seem muffeled even to my deaf ears. I am thinking this could be adjusted.

I just auditioned the PSB speakers but to be honest although more "musical" clearer and less agressive their sound stage for HT was weak and non-emerssive. The center channel was pathentic after thought as well.

Tekton Design Pendragon caught my interest but are a real budget buster at 2500 for two. Also I would have to wait for the center to come out...

As always...thanks in advance for your help!
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie01 View Post

I know size does not = quality. I have read about the thirst these have for power also. My application is almost 100 percent HT and was going to get the Onkyo 818...


My room size is 16 wide and 22 long but fairly open (no vaulted ceiling though).

I have been looking at the Klipsh 82 / 62 combo...but after a couple listens they seem for lack of words...to always have the treble too high..and the mids seem muffeled even to my deaf ears. I am thinking this could be adjusted.

I just auditioned the PSB speakers but to be honest although more "musical" clearer and less agressive their sound stage for HT was weak and non-emerssive. The center channel was pathentic after thought as well.

Tekton Design Pendragon caught my interest but are a real budget buster at 2500 for two. Also I would have to wait for the center to come out...

As always...thanks in advance for your help!

I used to own the RTi10, and I currently own Klipsch Reference speakers (RF82 II, RC62 II, and RS52 II). I much prefer the Klipsch. They were a bit bright just out of the box, but now that they have had some time to break in, they don't seem bright to me at all.

I'm also in the Dallas area, so if you want a second listen at the Klipsch speakers, let me know. My old RTi10s have a new home now, so unfortunately I don't have those to compare with.
post #3 of 5
Aperion Grand Verus would a good choice. Free shipping to and from your home so you can demo them for 30days. Polk RTi series I always felt they had alittle to much sibilance SSSSS. But I've never listened to them at home just retailers, so could have issues with setup. A few others besides the Aperions.

http://www.aperionaudio.com/speakers/verus-family
http://www.theaudioinsider.com/index.php?loudspeakers=swan-diva&cPath=21_22
http://www.theaudioinsider.com/index.php?loudspeakers=original-swan-diva&cPath=21_30& awesome deals.



But thats a good deal on the Polk RTi12s. But if you buy them you are probably stuck with them at those prices. Check the fine print on return policy.
post #4 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post

I used to own the RTi10, and I currently own Klipsch Reference speakers (RF82 II, RC62 II, and RS52 II). I much prefer the Klipsch. They were a bit bright just out of the box, but now that they have had some time to break in, they don't seem bright to me at all.

I'm also in the Dallas area, so if you want a second listen at the Klipsch speakers, let me know. My old RTi10s have a new home now, so unfortunately I don't have those to compare with.

How come you got rid of the RTi10's? How are the mid-range on the Klipsch? The demo I heard twice was Shrek...and the song that was playing was Dead Eye Blind I think... and a few of the words ...seemed muffled in mid-range.

It seemed a tad overly bright...
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie01 View Post

How come you got rid of the RTi10's? How are the mid-range on the Klipsch? The demo I heard twice was Shrek...and the song that was playing was Dead Eye Blind I think... and a few of the words ...seemed muffled in mid-range.

It seemed a tad overly bright...

I sold the RTi10s three years ago, so I don't have recent experience with them. However, my parents have a setup consisting of RTi8s with the same center and surrounds I had. Having recently watched the same blu ray (Prometheus) on both their system and my Klipsch Reference system, the biggest differences I noticed were the quality/clarity of the dialogue and the subtle details. There are sounds I heard on the Klipsch that simply weren't audible on the Polk.

The Polks are good speakers (especially at the price you listed), but to my ears the Klipsch have gotten me closer to the true "theater" experience.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › RTi12 Cherry Tower Loudspeaker Speaker Polk Audio for $375 @