or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports › Is there any dedicated CD players that will make CDs sound better than with PS3?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is there any dedicated CD players that will make CDs sound better than with PS3?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I'm looking for a player that can do what Winamp and iTunes does with CDs; it loads the disc and all the track names/artist(s) as well as album cover are displayed.

Now, as long as I get proper tags on the display screen of a CD player I'll be happy.

Also, I heard stuff about DAC and how it will make CDs sound much better? How and is this 100% fact?
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestInTheWorld View Post

I'm looking for a player that can do what Winamp and iTunes does with CDs; it loads the disc and all the track names/artist(s) as well as album cover are displayed.

I've seen a number of Blu Ray and DVD players that do that if you attach a video display to them.

Quote:
Also, I heard stuff about DAC and how it will make CDs sound much better? How and is this 100% fact?

In general it is 100% fiction.
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

I've seen a number of Blu Ray and DVD players that do that if you attach a video display to them.
In general it is 100% fiction.

Okay, thanks for this info!

Now, since DAC is really not that important, any other way for an amp with CD player to display tags without having to use a video display or a BD player?
post #4 of 6
This one displays cover art: http://www.psaudio.com/shop/perfectwave-memory-player/ Probably not what your looking for though price wise. I don't know of any others but their might be.

As for displaying track names and artist info, there are quite a few. Look for a player that displays "CD-TEXT". Most commercial cds don't have the information on the CD though. Its been a while since I checked, but I remember Sony Records was one of the few that included this on the cd. But, if you burn CDs on your computer, most cd burners support this feature and its easy to do. I used this a lot before I switched to digital streaming. I had Kenwood and Sony mega disc changers that displayed CD titles and track names on the screen. This was very important with a 200 disc changer. Do a Google search for CD-TEXT to learn more.

As for the DAC, there are many of us who believe better DACs make a big difference in sound quality. I suggest you demo one and find out for yourself if it matters.
post #5 of 6
Sony Blu-Ray players display cover art and track lists for CD as long as it is connected to the internet. The Gracenote search occurs automatically.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvppsu View Post

As for the DAC, there are many of us who believe better DACs make a big difference in sound quality. I suggest you demo one and find out for yourself if it matters.

I don't know what better means when referring to audio equipment. But I agree with the premise that different DAC's sound different. Of course when stating this on AVS (the S stands for science) one should mention that the difference in sound was noted while listening in a controlled level matched system. And the difference I heard is just my opinion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports › Is there any dedicated CD players that will make CDs sound better than with PS3?