or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 48

post #1411 of 8760
Watching the Stanley Cup Finals on my M32 and it 's absolutely stunning. My 40" Sony in the living room that I bought in 2007 struggles with hockey, bad motion blur on the puck. That will be the next TV to get upgraded. I thought I was going to buy a Samsung for the living room but I'm seriously considering a Vizio M55 or M60 now.
post #1412 of 8760
Let
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Sclaws View Post

Here's a pic.

Lets get some more pics with it on and black screen looking sexy my dude
post #1413 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasuvideo View Post

Here is what I'm doing; I plugged my laptop into one of the available HDMI slots(I have the 50" M501), and play video's from my laptop onto the TV.

Have any of you with computers plugged in tried to sync them at 120hz? http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/120hz-pc-to-tv/
post #1414 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertj03 View Post

Watching the Stanley Cup Finals on my M32 and it 's absolutely stunning. My 40" Sony in the living room that I bought in 2007 struggles with hockey, bad motion blur on the puck. That will be the next TV to get upgraded. I thought I was going to buy a Samsung for the living room but I'm seriously considering a Vizio M55 or M60 now.

Watching the playoffs tonight on my M551D & picture for this is much better with Black detail & smart dimming off. The black in the uniforms looks great. Of course you won't see any banding with a white background (the ice).
post #1415 of 8760
I just got done setting up my 65" 7100 after returning the 65" M series. I unfortunately have a dead pixel on this display so it'll have to get exchanged as soon as I can get another one. Black screens, there is some flashlighting but not as much as the M series. I will have to try a dark movie and letterbox movie to fully see if its worth the extra. I was on the 7100 owners thread and saw someone had BB price match Abe's of Maine so I had them do the same. They didn't even question it. I got it for $2339.99. A little over $700 more. Still have to test to see if it's worth it but it is also cheaper than the 70" M series retails for so if I go back to Vizio I'll have to decide if I want to spend a little more.

Edit: I should mention that the included bluetooth remote is a dream to use compared to the standard Vizio (might be better with wifi enabled soon). It has a touch pad on it and it makes moving around in apps amazing.
Edited by xsists - 6/17/13 at 9:03pm
post #1416 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsists View Post

I just got done setting up my 65" 7100 after returning the 65" M series. I unfortunately have a dead pixel on this display so it'll have to get exchanged as soon as I can get another one. Black screens, there is some flashlighting but not as much as the M series. I will have to try a dark movie and letterbox movie to fully see if its worth the extra. I was on the 7100 owners thread and saw someone had BB price match Abe's of Maine so I had them do the same. They didn't even question it. I got it for $2339.99. A little over $700 more. Still have to test to see if it's worth it but it is also cheaper than the 70" M series retails for so if I go back to Vizio I'll have to decide if I want to spend a little more.

Edit: I should mention that the included bluetooth remote is a dream to use compared to the standard Vizio (might be better with wifi enabled soon). It has a touch pad on it and it makes moving around in apps amazing.

lol for 700 more I would expect no dead pixels and no light bleed or flashlighting. If you are going to have it, 700 dollars less would be the better deal....Shrug, I think some of you folks might be Compulsive obsessive. You Might wanna go back to the M series and then spend the extra money on treatment. haha.
post #1417 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigum View Post

lol for 700 more I would expect no dead pixels and no light bleed or flashlighting. If you are going to have it, 700 dollars less would be the better deal....Shrug, I think some of you folks might be Compulsive obsessive. You Might wanna go back to the M series and then spend the extra money on treatment.haha.

I wouldn't expect NO flash lighting from any edge lit display, regardless of price. The 7100 Samsung is almost an inch thinner and the bezel looks better.Again, this is just the different an inch thinner and the bezel looks better.Again, this is just the difference that I can tell after having the display for 2 hours.Still have to calibrate and test further.

I agree the dead pixel is unacceptable but that will be fixed with an exchange.
post #1418 of 8760
I had the samsung and the light bleed and flash lighting are still evident on it. I really saw no difference between the samsung and the Vizio.
post #1419 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by letterist View Post

I had the samsung and the light bleed and flash lighting are still evident on it. I really saw no difference between the samsung and the Vizio.

Did you look at the settings at all? The Samsung has way more customization available to fine tune the TV. So far I'm liking the completely custom motion settings. Also, the light bleed is way less than I was getting from the Vizio, with a potentially bad screen (dead pixel).

One thing I will miss is the passive 3D. I haven't tried the active yet (tonight) but I really liked the Vizio's active 3D.
post #1420 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsists View Post

I wouldn't expect NO flash lighting from any edge lit display, regardless of price. The 7100 Samsung is almost an inch thinner and the bezel looks better.Again, this is just the different an inch thinner and the bezel looks better.Again, this is just the difference that I can tell after having the display for 2 hours.Still have to calibrate and test further.

I agree the dead pixel is unacceptable but that will be fixed with an exchange.

Well that's the difference between you and me. 700 bux pays for my kids clothes for 6 months, or groceries for 5 weeks, or gas for two months.
If I'm going to still have those two things on a TV, I'm not gonna pay extra for them....
post #1421 of 8760
Has anyone had a chance to compare the m701d with the Sony KDL-70R550A? The price is a few hundred less on amazon and with the light bleed I'm getting on my vizio I'm considering a switch. It seems to have all the same features (if not more) than the vizio too. What say you?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL-70R550A-70-Inch-120Hz-Internet/dp/B00AWKBZKC/ref=sr_1_1?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1371561569&sr=1-1&keywords=sony+70+inch
post #1422 of 8760
You make
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigum View Post

Well that's the difference between you and me. 700 bux pays for my kids clothes for 6 months, or groceries for 5 weeks, or gas for two months.
If I'm going to still have those two things on a TV, I'm not gonna pay extra for them....


You make sense if the set is going to bleed etc etc anyways why pay more? Use the extra to buy a sound system or save or get a 80 inch haaa
post #1423 of 8760
Took the plunge and ordered the 50" from Amazon. Not in stock at the moment, but the saving on tax is worth the wait for me.
post #1424 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhelms View Post

Has anyone had a chance to compare the m701d with the Sony KDL-70R550A? The price is a few hundred less on amazon and with the light bleed I'm getting on my vizio I'm considering a switch. It seems to have all the same features (if not more) than the vizio too. What say you?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL-70R550A-70-Inch-120Hz-Internet/dp/B00AWKBZKC/ref=sr_1_1?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1371561569&sr=1-1&keywords=sony+70+inch

Someone on the Sony 550A thread mentioned the 70 inch used in the Vizio and the Sony are the same. I am not sure where he got the information since he didn't link to it but just thought I would let you know.
post #1425 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockmanX View Post

You make
You make sense if the set is going to bleed etc etc anyways why pay more? Use the extra to buy a sound system or save or get a 80 inch haaa

But so far the performance is better on the more expensive set. Light bleed is significantly less. Also, I already have a sound system and I'm no more than 10 feet away from the screen so a 80" is unnecessary. Light bleed will be noticeable on ALL edge lit LED TVs. I'm not sure how no one understands this. It is how the TV does with the light bleed. So far, the Samsung has very minimal bleed and no clouding.
post #1426 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastan350 View Post

Someone on the Sony 550A thread mentioned the 70 inch used in the Vizio and the Sony are the same. I am not sure where he got the information since he didn't link to it but just thought I would let you know.
They seem very similar, but considering each company's pricing model I find it a little hard to believe.
post #1427 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastan350 View Post

Someone on the Sony 550A thread mentioned the 70 inch used in the Vizio and the Sony are the same. I am not sure where he got the information since he didn't link to it but just thought I would let you know.

I think they are the same panel from looking at pictures of them (same semi-matte screen) and features. The electronics driving the panels are probably different, and LED implementation may be different too. I'd love to hear from anyone that has seen them both in person.
post #1428 of 8760
Who uses what panel is very difficult to determine (because nobody wants to tell us). However, since both panels are 70" and both panels are Passive 3D it seems that the choices of panel maker is pretty limited.
post #1429 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul GS View Post

They seem very similar, but considering each company's pricing model I find it a little hard to believe.

I don't think that accurate, Sony's supposed to be using LG sourced panels this year since they're no longer part of a joint venture with Samsung. Given Vizio's 60"/70' E -series use Sharp panels/components and are assembled in Sharp plant in Mexico. The fact that all of Vizio's 60"+ M-series models have a response time of 4ms points in the direction of using sharp panels as Sharp is the only LCD panel maker I'm aware of that has panels with a 4ms response time and are also the only maker of 80" panels.
post #1430 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockmanX View Post

Let
Lets get some more pics with it on and black screen looking sexy my dude

I'm supposed to get the set ISF calibrated Friday night (pending confirmation). Some before/after pics of a dark image would be interesting. If I have time tonight I'll try to snap a 'before' pic.
post #1431 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks Carter View Post

I don't think that accurate, Sony's supposed to be using LG sourced panels this year since they're no longer part of a joint venture with Samsung. Given Vizio's 60"/70' E -series use Sharp panels/components and are assembled in Sharp plant in Mexico. The fact that all of Vizio's 60"+ M-series models have a response time of 4ms points in the direction of using sharp panels as Sharp is the only LCD panel maker I'm aware of that has panels with a 4ms response time and are also the only maker of 80" panels.

The M651D-A2R is 8ms according to the manual which is way different than the rest, would love to know who is making that.
post #1432 of 8760
I don't think they are the same panel either, because the Vizios have the smart dimming feature while the Sony's do not.

I am also trying to decide between the Sony and Vizio 70 inchers and the f7100 Samsung 65 incher.
post #1433 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastan350 View Post

The M651D-A2R is 8ms according to the manual which is way different than the rest, would love to know who is making that.

I forgot about the 65"...I would think its Hon Hai sourced as Vizio has a growing business relationship them.
post #1434 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8doggr View Post

I don't think they are the same panel either, because the Vizios have the smart dimming feature while the Sony's do not.

I am also trying to decide between the Sony and Vizio 70 inchers and the f7100 Samsung 65 incher.

Sony most likely employs its own lighting technique and is only buying the LCD panel itself from LG, which does not include any LED lighting.
post #1435 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks Carter View Post

I don't think that accurate, Sony's supposed to be using LG sourced panels this year since they're no longer part of a joint venture with Samsung. Given Vizio's 60"/70' E -series use Sharp panels/components and are assembled in Sharp plant in Mexico. The fact that all of Vizio's 60"+ M-series models have a response time of 4ms points in the direction of using sharp panels as Sharp is the only LCD panel maker I'm aware of that has panels with a 4ms response time and are also the only maker of 80" panels.
Does Sharp make a Passive 3D panel?
post #1436 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngm View Post

Have any of you with computers plugged in tried to sync them at 120hz? http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/120hz-pc-to-tv/
No, I haven't tried that. I have a new HP laptop, but it's using the on board Intel 4000 graphics chipset. So, I have no clue what it's outputting in Hz-I do know that it's 1080P, even though my screen on the laptop doesn't support that resolution, and there is no 1080P choice in the settings menu. Also, no Hz settings in the graphics menu.
But, watching 3D movies, there is no stutter or any other flaws-it plays perfectly. I don't play games on the laptop-so you'll have to wait for someone else to answer that.
And, this is on the M501-50" screen.
post #1437 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

Does Sharp make a Passive 3D panel?

Passive 3D just requires LG's FPR film to be placed on LCD panel before the top finish coat is applied. Sharp has the ability to produce any kind of LCD panel requested and since Vizio licenses LG's FPR there's no reason why Sharp cannot fulfill Vizio's order for passive 3D TV's.
post #1438 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsists View Post

But so far the performance is better on the more expensive set. Light bleed is significantly less. Also, I already have a sound system and I'm no more than 10 feet away from the screen so a 80" is unnecessary. Light bleed will be noticeable on ALL edge lit LED TVs. I'm not sure how no one understands this. It is how the TV does with the light bleed. So far, the Samsung has very minimal bleed and no clouding.

My friends 80 we sit about 9 1/2 away and looks perfectly fine ill post a pic later I just hate Sony TVS never been into them first I'm hearing about there 70 it's like 3k dang your in the 80 zone for a little more cash
post #1439 of 8760
N
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Sclaws View Post

I'm supposed to get the set ISF calibrated Friday night (pending confirmation). Some before/after pics of a dark image would be interesting. If I have time tonight I'll try to snap a 'before' pic.

Nice dude would be helping me out I have only owned one vizio and that was when they first started haaaa tv is crap so I'm liking the 80 I just want to see more of it before I pull the trigger on that or sharp 80 also the original al sharps are full array led so I don't see insane bleed etc etc in those models but I'm feeling the border to border picture question anybody know about the new edge lit sharp 80s compared to vizio??
post #1440 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Sclaws View Post

I'm supposed to get the set ISF calibrated Friday night (pending confirmation). Some before/after pics of a dark image would be interesting. If I have time tonight I'll try to snap a 'before' pic.

By Geek Squad?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread