or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 141

post #4201 of 8760
I have to agree, Life of Pi is a great film in itself. Don't think the kids will make a connection to it as us more mature audiences, as it's very metaphorical. Think I may settle on the The Toy Story trilogy pack. Disney and Pixar's finest in terms of originallity and creativeness. Plus the adult themed innuendo's are funny if you caught them.
Mr. Potato Head- "nobody removes my wife's lips, but me."
post #4202 of 8760
I've read that "Hugo" is very good in 3D.

http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/Hugo-in-3D-5567.html
post #4203 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauz20 View Post

Life of Pi has excellent 3D and can be pretty thought-provoking. If you're looking for something more fun, Tangled is great in 3D.

I totally enjoyed Life of Pi. Frankly I put off watching it for quite a while because the story in synopsis form seems very ridiculous. My loss.

Perhaps my 2 favourite 3D movies are for animation, How to Train your Dragon, and for live action Top Gun. Even though Top Gun wasn't made for 3D, the job done to convert it is IMO awesome. Especially the arial scenes give a great sense of space in them.

And way way OT, speaking of Ang Lee I was watching the Criterion BD of The Ice Storm the other day...another really engrossing movie.
post #4204 of 8760
None of you guys have crosstalk or ghosting issues?

I'm starting to think the fault lies in my htpc....
post #4205 of 8760
On this website, there is a 3D content forum, with all the Blueray 3D movies listed, and rated by members-it's up to 47 pages, and can be found here; http://www.avsforum.com/t/1278112/best-3d-bluray-movie-so-far-3d-effects
post #4206 of 8760
It looks like these are on sale again at Costco.
post #4207 of 8760
So with PS4 right around the corner I am looking for a new TV. 70% Gaming, 30% Netflix/BluRays.

I am looking at the Sony W9 just because of the killer response time. (like 16.9ms). Can anyone recommend the 65in M-Serise for gaming? How does it compare to the Sony? I only ask because the price is a lot nicer, plus the extra 10in would be welcomed for movies and Netflix. I dunno. I am just trying to gather data so I can buy the right TV. And the price point of the 65 is super nice.

Right now I am still leaning more towards the Sony. I am just curious what you guys (people who own an M series) think about the TV from a gamers perspective?
post #4208 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by cMotz View Post

So with PS4 right around the corner I am looking for a new TV. 70% Gaming, 30% Netflix/BluRays.

I am looking at the Sony W9 just because of the killer response time. (like 16.9ms). Can anyone recommend the 65in M-Serise for gaming? How does it compare to the Sony? I only ask because the price is a lot nicer, plus the extra 10in would be welcomed for movies and Netflix. I dunno. I am just trying to gather data so I can buy the right TV. And the price point of the 65 is super nice.

Right now I am still leaning more towards the Sony. I am just curious what you guys (people who own an M series) think about the TV from a gamers perspective?

I've been doing a lot of gaming on my 55", on 360, PS3 and Wii U. I always have the TV in game mode and I've never encountered any lag. I mean, I suck at Halo, but that's all on me; the TV performs like a champ as far as I can tell.
post #4209 of 8760
cMotz-

M65 owner here- on the vizio site it says an 8ms response time. It does not say specifically for which mode. Let's say they are trying to advertise the fastest response time for the m65(which obviously will be game mode), then it's 2x faster than the sony. Also, I think the m65 has the highest response times of all the m-series. I was a little weary of vizio, just because of the name alone. But if I had to choose again, it would be the vizio. Only negative I have is the very glossy screen. Overall PQ is great. Not many m65 owners on here, if you have any questions , I will be glad to assist you.
post #4210 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by cMotz View Post

So with PS4 right around the corner I am looking for a new TV. 70% Gaming, 30% Netflix/BluRays.

I am looking at the Sony W9 just because of the killer response time. (like 16.9ms). Can anyone recommend the 65in M-Serise for gaming? How does it compare to the Sony? I only ask because the price is a lot nicer, plus the extra 10in would be welcomed for movies and Netflix. I dunno. I am just trying to gather data so I can buy the right TV. And the price point of the 65 is super nice.

Right now I am still leaning more towards the Sony. I am just curious what you guys (people who own an M series) think about the TV from a gamers perspective?

I'm using the M601D-A3R for my Xbox360 and PS3 (Soon to be Xbox1 and PS4) gaming TV and in game mode I have had no issues with input lag/response time issues. I tested MW3 on the tv because the game runs at 60FPS so it was the best to test for input lag and I didn't have any noticeable input lag. I'm not a twitch shooter type person but I do play a lot of FPS games and do get pretty competitive and I love this TV. Blu-Rays look amazing on it as well. Can't wait till next gen and the graphics boost. Should make this TV worth it's weight in gold.
post #4211 of 8760
Wow that's really good to hear. I am really starting to consider it. its cheaper and the screen is a bit bigger.

But 8ms. That seems a bit low.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57587317-221/game-mode-on-cnet-tests-tvs-for-input-lag/

This was like the only page I could find where they kind of did a semi decent list. The E serise (which is suppose to be faster then the M serise) is listed at 32.2

If it is really only 8ms I would be all over that.
post #4212 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanstop View Post

cMotz-

M65 owner here- on the vizio site it says an 8ms response time. It does not say specifically for which mode. Let's say they are trying to advertise the fastest response time for the m65(which obviously will be game mode), then it's 2x faster than the sony. Also, I think the m65 has the highest response times of all the m-series. I was a little weary of vizio, just because of the name alone. But if I had to choose again, it would be the vizio. Only negative I have is the very glossy screen. Overall PQ is great. Not many m65 owners on here, if you have any questions , I will be glad to assist you.

Response time is not the same as input lag. 8ms is actually really bad for a response time. Input lag is around 36ms for the M. Nothing comes close to the W900a's 16ms lag on a 55", well except for the W802a but I had it and I wouldn't recommend it.
post #4213 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexHarrison View Post

Response time is not the same as input lag. 8ms is actually really bad for a response time. Input lag is around 36ms for the M. Nothing comes close to the W900a's 16ms lag on a 55", well except for the W802a but I had it and I wouldn't recommend it.

So in your opinion is the w9 still the better choice between the 2?
post #4214 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by cMotz View Post

So in your opinion is the w9 still the better choice between the 2?

Hell yes. The W900a is considered the best LED/LCD TV for 2013. The other TV is the Samsung F8000 but the input lag is horrendous , something like 85ms. Comparing inch to inch the W9 costs $1200 more than the 55" M, but if you have the $ to burn I'd say get it. It not only has the lowest input lag you can find on anything above 30", but it has the deepest blacks you're gonna find on an LED edge lit tv because of its real dimming system.
post #4215 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexHarrison View Post

Hell yes. The W900a is considered the best LED/LCD TV for 2013. The other TV is the Samsung F8000 but the input lag is horrendous , something like 85ms. Comparing inch to inch the W9 costs $1200 more than the 55" M, but if you have the $ to burn I'd say get it. It not only has the lowest input lag you can find on anything above 30", but it has the deepest blacks you're gonna find on an LED edge lit tv because of its real dimming system.

Let me reword that. In your opinion is the benefits of the w9 worth the extra cash over the M series? For a semi serious gamer.
post #4216 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBullet View Post

[quote name="cMotz" url="/t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread/4200#post_23688532"]So with PS4 right around the corner I am looking for a new TV. 70% Gaming, 30% Netflix/BluRays.I am looking at the Sony W9 just because of the killer response time. (like 16.9ms). Can anyone recommend the 65in M-Serise for gaming? How does it compare to the Sony? I only ask because the price is a lot nicer, plus the extra 10in would be welcomed for movies and Netflix. I dunno. I am just trying to gather data so I can buy the right TV. And the price point of the 65 is super nice.Right now I am still leaning more towards the Sony. I am just curious what you guys (people who own an M series) think about the TV from a gamers perspective?[/quote]I'm using the M601D-A3R for my Xbox360 and PS3 (Soon to be Xbox1 and PS4) gaming TV and in game mode I have had no issues with input lag/response time issues. I tested MW3 on the tv because the game runs at 60FPS so it was the best to test for input lag and I didn't have any noticeable input lag. I'm not a twitch shooter type person but I do play a lot of FPS games and do get pretty competitive and I love this TV. Blu-Rays look amazing on it as well. Can't wait till next gen and the graphics boost. Should make this TV worth it's weight in gold.
trust me, this TV is great for gaming. That was my number one concern. When I got home from purchasing the TV I put halo just to see if there was a lag. All shooting games are great on this TV!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
post #4217 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by cMotz View Post

Let me reword that. In your opinion is the benefits of the w9 worth the extra cash over the M series? For a semi serious gamer.

I'd consider myself a semi serious gamer also. I can afford the W9 but honestly never considered it. $2200 for me is just too much for a 55" I don't care how cool it is. My budget is around $1500. I tried the w802a and it sucked, terrible backlight uniformity issues at night. I've tried the 55" M also which has about twice as much lag and it doesn't affect my gaming whatsoever. I play FPS almost exclusively. The TV I currently have the Samsung F7100 has the same amount of lag as the M and I don't notice it at all. Right around 30ms seems to be the sweet spot. I'd avoid anything 50ms or more.

I'm actually going to return this Samsung because of some issues. I might actually go with the 60" M.
post #4218 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexHarrison View Post

I'd consider myself a semi serious gamer also. I can afford the W9 but honestly never considered it. $2200 for me is just too much for a 55" I don't care how cool it is. My budget is around $1500. I tried the w802a and it sucked, terrible backlight uniformity issues at night. I've tried the 55" M also which has about twice as much lag and it doesn't affect my gaming whatsoever. I play FPS almost exclusively. The TV I currently have the Samsung F7100 has the same amount of lag as the M and I don't notice it at all. Right around 30ms seems to be the sweet spot. I'd avoid anything 50ms or more.

I'm actually going to return this Samsung because of some issues. I might actually go with the 60" M.

Are there any significant changes between the 60m and 65m? performance? Known faults? stuff like that? I am considering the 65m. (if I was to go the Vizio route)
post #4219 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by cMotz View Post

Are there any significant changes between the 60m and 65m? performance? Known faults? stuff like that? I am considering the 65m. (if I was to go the Vizio route)

Not sure . Someone who has maybe owned both or one of those might be able to chime in on that. All I can say is avoid the "55"M like the plague. They all have shadowy edges aka. Pencil lines. Well, at least the one I owned and 6 different displays I've seen all had it. The 60" displays I've seen look clean. Never payed much attention to the 65" because its too big for my living room.
post #4220 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexHarrison View Post



Not sure . Someone who has maybe owned both or one of those might be able to chime in on that. All I can say is avoid the "55"M like the plague. They all have shadowy edges aka. Pencil lines. Well, at least the one I owned and 6 different displays I've seen all had it. The 60" displays I've seen look clean. Never payed much attention to the 65" because its too big for my living room.

One more data finding question. I am one of those guys who enjoys having hardware match. How are the Vizio sound bars in terms of quality? I sold my old Sony 5.1 a few months ago on craigs list. in preparation for a new TV. I also thought a soundbar would be easier in my apartment then a whole sound system.
post #4221 of 8760
I made an impulse buy today and picked up a 50 inch model for the bedroom

If I don't like it I'll return it
If I like it I'll keep it
If I love it I'll keep it and get the 70 inch model for the main room

Hopefully the 50 inch models aren't prone to those pencil lines that Rex is referring to.
post #4222 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus933 View Post

I made an impulse buy today and picked up a 50 inch model for the bedroom

If I don't like it I'll return it
If I like it I'll keep it
If I love it I'll keep it and get the 70 inch model for the main room

Hopefully the 50 inch models aren't prone to those pencil lines that Rex is referring to.

I'm a 50" owner, never seen these pencil lines on my set. I'm currently using it as a PC monitor and am around three feet away, no noticeable lines whatsoever.
post #4223 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

I'm a 50" owner, never seen these pencil lines on my set. I'm currently using it as a PC monitor and am around three feet away, no noticeable lines whatsoever.

Thanks waylo!
post #4224 of 8760
Quote:
One more data finding question. I am one of those guys who enjoys having hardware match. How are the Vizio sound bars in terms of quality? I sold my old Sony 5.1 a few months ago on craigs list. in preparation for a new TV. I also thought a soundbar would be easier in my apartment then a whole sound system.

I too, would like to keep my devices all within the same camp. The semi-5.1 vizio sb was one that I considered, yet I found out that it won't bypass dd and dts sound properly with the rear satellites. As far as sound goes, it's pretty good. I settled on the sony ht-ct660. Which had most of the features I wanted: multiple hdmi inputs, handling of dd/dts, hdmi standby bypass, cec, arc, and wireless active sub. Got it for roughly $350. I'm glad I did, cause the sound is great.
post #4225 of 8760
Not sure about everyone else, but I see the pencil lines also. Yet, it comes and goes by varying content, even from same source. I don't know why it does that, but it rarely deters my viewing unless I'm really looking for it.
post #4226 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanstop View Post

Not sure about everyone else, but I see the pencil lines also. Yet, it comes and goes by varying content, even from same source. I don't know why it does that, but it rarely deters my viewing unless I'm really looking for it.

What screen size do you have?
post #4227 of 8760
venus933
Quote:
What screen size do you have?

The m65
post #4228 of 8760
This is the first I've seen people mention avoiding the 55. Could someone explain as I almost pulled trigger. Maygo for lg la6900 instead, but the mseries supposedly was better forgaming....
post #4229 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuxCV View Post

exchange it? months later? just on a whim because you want to? doesn't that seem unethical and a total sleazball move? unless you meant sell it as a used one and repurchase a fresh model and taking the loss yourself instead of foisting the the loss to the mfg or retailer and ultimately the consumer.

Oh get off your high horse. The set has issues and can be returned within a 90 day window and maybe the replacement will be better. Here is some advice, if you can't post something of value instead of attacking someone than don't post at all.
post #4230 of 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldicon12 View Post

so has anyone tried to clean their screen yet? I cleaned mine last night with a microfiber cloth and i noticed it got worse. now i see clouding on the left side and more light bleeding and the smart dimming doesnt seem to help it enough, so now im thinking of sending it back. i remember reading about that guy that tried to clean his screen and caused severe clouding and light bleeding.

I have wiped finger prints off on a couple of occasions but just in selected areas not the entire screen and have not noticed anything unusual. I cannot imagine how cleaning the screen could hurt the panel unless you used the wrong product like anything ammonia based. Normally, I would use a dry micro fiber cloth and if necessary a small amount of distilled water.
Edited by jtl46 - 9/1/13 at 7:16am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread