or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 150

post #4471 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post

I was having my Doubts about this VIZIO, but you sir just sold a TV for VIZIO you should get a cut. I was going to go with SAMSUNG, but after seeing these pics Who can Really ask for anything more.

Even the Glossy display does not bother me all my life TV's were glossy I love the colors not to dull not too cartoonish, very life like. If people could post Gaming Pictures it would sure seal the deal for many out there.

There are too many variables with pictures of screenshots. What kind of monitor are you using to look at the pictures ? Is the color on it accurate ? What kind of camera is the person using ? What type of lighting does the photographers TV room have ?

It's really something that needs to be experienced first hand.
post #4472 of 8783
It has never fell short in picture quality or looking bad.
It's not a glossy screen, its a semi-gloss.
For the price you will never find a nicer looking PQ from what I've seen.
If you get one with relatively low light bleed then you got yourself a killer TV!
post #4473 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padinn View Post

Hmm - I noticed I have 1 or 2 pixels in the top left that aren't working properly. They either go dark when scenes are bright, or work fine - seems that only white colors impact them. Any thoughts?

Just wanted to update this. It's a cluster of 4 pixels in a small square. I'm guessing this may be a defect - but wanted to know if anyone else could add input. When the screen is white, these 4 pixels are black. They seem to work fine at other times.
post #4474 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padinn View Post

Just wanted to update this. It's a cluster of 4 pixels in a small square. I'm guessing this may be a defect - but wanted to know if anyone else could add input. When the screen is white, these 4 pixels are black. They seem to work fine at other times.

No one will be able to comment on something they can't see.

Pics will help get a better answer for ya.
post #4475 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post

No one will be able to comment on something they can't see.

Pics will help get a better answer for ya.

Yeah - can't really post a pick since they flash, would have to be a video. I spoke to Amazon about it (their free 30 day TV tech support people). After running a test he says it sounds like I have 8 stuck pixels (two clusters of 4). They offered either a 10% refund (~$100) or a free replacement. Thing is based on the online description I'm not certain stuck is the right word. The pixels do change color - but on white screens they are totally black. Almost like a bad connection somewhere in the back of the TV. On some scenes the pixels look fine - on others they are really messed up.

Weird!

Guess I need to decide which is more important to me.
Edited by Padinn - 9/15/13 at 5:50pm
post #4476 of 8783
anybody notice the right side (side w the vizio logo) of the tv gets really? Or at least significantly hotter than any other area of the tv. Is it a coicidence that this same region is where i notice most of the flashlighting?
post #4477 of 8783
Replacement !!!!

And not refurbished, Plus $50 after the new one arrives a nice middle ground.


I am really pysched for this TV
post #4478 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post

One thing I did notice is that "Auto Brightness" follows the change across all inputs.

If you have it off on all inputs then turn it on on say just one input ... then all other inputs now have it on as well.

Just an FYI.
Good catch. I coincidentally noticed the same thing while playing around with that particular setting a couple days after my post (deciding after some back and forth that I still prefer it set to "off" as I originally had it). I don't know why that individual setting carries over across inputs when the others don't, but it certainly does just as you state.
post #4479 of 8783
Can someone answer me this since we all purchased a Local dimming 240hz LED LCD 3D blah blah blah. I see the Calibrated settings or reference setting that have been posted. And calling into question f this is really a 120hz Panel or a 240hz Panel, If a 240hz true panel even exists probably not being used on any TV's on sale. My question is Why do we turn all the features off? Motion Smoothing OFF, Local Dimming Off True Motion OFF. Whats the point ? Why not buy a 60z LED without 3D and without local dimming and be happy with that ?
post #4480 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijacob View Post

Hello, all. I've been following the thread for quite a while, considering buying one of these Vizio M-series TVs.

I have a bit of a decision dilemma when it comes to the size. My usual viewing distance (depending on exact spot on the furniture) is about 11.5 to 12 feet. I've looked at all these size recommendations online, and the range is quite large; so, that's not all too helpful.

I was pretty intent on buying the 70" until we walked in and looked at a 70" in person at the store (not the M701d but wanted a feel for the size at a similar distance we would be viewing from). It felt big and in my face. I am a bit nervous that watching it will be liking sitting too close in a theater where my eyes never focus and I'm chasing the action across the screen. eek.gif

As far as the physical size of the room, I don't think the 70" would overwhelm the room since I have a ceiling that opens up to 11' and a large wall to place the TV against.

So, ultimately the decision would be between the 70" and 60" M-series tv's (I don't think I'd like the glossiness of the 65").

I know this forum will probably be a bit biased, but I'd love any input anyone can provide.

Thanks so much!

I agree with the other responses you have received. We have the 70" and sit at 10' from the screen. No issues whatsoever. But this is more of a personal preference.
post #4481 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padinn View Post

Yeah - can't really post a pick since they flash, would have to be a video. I spoke to Amazon about it (their free 30 day TV tech support people). After running a test he says it sounds like I have 8 stuck pixels (two clusters of 4). They offered either a 10% refund (~$100) or a free replacement. Thing is based on the online description I'm not certain stuck is the right word. The pixels do change color - but on white screens they are totally black. Almost like a bad connection somewhere in the back of the TV. On some scenes the pixels look fine - on others they are really messed up.

Weird!

Guess I need to decide which is more important to me.

I would not go with the refund. After you spend the $100 the pixel issue will continue to bug you.
post #4482 of 8783
So, uh, anyone have an opinion on transporting a 60" on its side? This would only be a 20-minute trip.
post #4483 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padinn View Post

Yeah - can't really post a pick since they flash, would have to be a video. I spoke to Amazon about it (their free 30 day TV tech support people). After running a test he says it sounds like I have 8 stuck pixels (two clusters of 4). They offered either a 10% refund (~$100) or a free replacement. Thing is based on the online description I'm not certain stuck is the right word. The pixels do change color - but on white screens they are totally black. Almost like a bad connection somewhere in the back of the TV. On some scenes the pixels look fine - on others they are really messed up.

Weird!

Guess I need to decide which is more important to me.

If you have the WOW cal. disc or some other calbration method, you can try the pixel corrector thing, where it runs through all the pixels to fix any bad ones. Or if it is near the border, you can try to change the vertical picture settings until it's no longer present.
post #4484 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post

Can someone answer me this since we all purchased a Local dimming 240hz LED LCD 3D blah blah blah. I see the Calibrated settings or reference setting that have been posted. And calling into question f this is really a 120hz Panel or a 240hz Panel, If a 240hz true panel even exists probably not being used on any TV's on sale. My question is Why do we turn all the features off? Motion Smoothing OFF, Local Dimming Off True Motion OFF. Whats the point ? Why not buy a 60z LED without 3D and without local dimming and be happy with that ?

In my case, I have the opposite. SM/true motion- On, Smart Dimming-On. Jury is still out on if this is a true 240hz or 120hz. More than likely it's 120hz. Also, since most tvs in the size range I wanted had 3D, I chose passive over active. So it narrowed my options to a LG or Sony, neither of which carry a 65" that I know of. As far as why buy this tv over any other, that's just personal preference. Owner of the m65 and happy as f@ck. Watching the NFL game mix is a whole lot better than on the 46" I have. No real issues, besides the glossy screen but I don't notice it unless I'm looking for it. I'm at the point where all settings are set and that's it. Don't think I'm going to waste any more of my life messing with settings.
post #4485 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauz20 View Post

So, uh, anyone have an opinion on transporting a 60" on its side? This would only be a 20-minute trip.

I took home the m65 on it's side with about an 1.5hr trip city/hwy. Knowing full well the consequences, I drove it home safely. Went speed limit and made sure I didn't tailgate anyone. Even threw in some cushioning around the box so it can absorb any impact. Best way to go if transporting on sides.
post #4486 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post

Can someone answer me this since we all purchased a Local dimming 240hz LED LCD 3D blah blah blah. I see the Calibrated settings or reference setting that have been posted. And calling into question f this is really a 120hz Panel or a 240hz Panel, If a 240hz true panel even exists probably not being used on any TV's on sale. My question is Why do we turn all the features off? Motion Smoothing OFF, Local Dimming Off True Motion OFF. Whats the point ? Why not buy a 60z LED without 3D and without local dimming and be happy with that ?

You know, I've thought the same thing. The short answer is that many calibrations call for those things to be turned off because they introduce artifacts or introduce processing that can interfere with a calibration. That said though, I wonder what the point is of all of these reduction filters, smoothing, dimming, etc. that drive up the price and add more complexity when everyone just turns them off. Same thing with my PS3. The consensus seems to be to turn off noise reduction options and so forth and I have to wonder why they were ever added if they make things look worse? I suppose some people like a softer picture, or the SOE, but aren't the local dimming features supposed to be an improvement to the overall PQ by turning off various zones to retain deep blacks and minimize light bleed? CNET praised the local dimming on the M Series and yet almost everyone seems to be turning it off. smile.gif
post #4487 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormanin View Post

maybe it fixes the issues with the on screen keyboard for Netflix that I have with my 55 inch. I have yet to be able to login to Netflix because there is no cursor or highlight over any of the letters for the on screen keyboard which makes it so I have to just guess what letter and enter.

I am having the same issue with my 50" - no cursor in netflix so there is no way to login. I spoke with Vizio and they originally told me it was functioning as expected - Really? No cursor is the desired behavior?

Then the tech said he just read that it's a known issue and Vizio is working with netflix to fix. He didn't have an ETA to provide.
post #4488 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauz20 View Post

So, uh, anyone have an opinion on transporting a 60" on its side? This would only be a 20-minute trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanstop View Post

I took home the m65 on it's side with about an 1.5hr trip city/hwy. Knowing full well the consequences, I drove it home safely. Went speed limit and made sure I didn't tailgate anyone. Even threw in some cushioning around the box so it can absorb any impact. Best way to go if transporting on sides.

I transported our 70" in my Mazda CX-7 25 miles. The good thing was that the box fitted very tight. So there was no way for it to move anywhere. I took my time driving. No problems at all.
post #4489 of 8783
@cash @nhan ok, you've reassured me. It's a Dodge Journey and will be a tight fit according to measurements. I'll pad the bejeebus out of it with blankets and such and drive smart.
post #4490 of 8783
for those using the wired Ethernet connection, is it 100mbit, or 1000mbit?
post #4491 of 8783
How would this model compare to the LG LA6200?
post #4492 of 8783
@str8fan I had two 55" la6200s that got returned due to awful clouding and light bleed. On that front, my Vizio is excellent. I just have a bit of banding.
post #4493 of 8783
Quote:
CNET praised the local dimming on the M Series and yet almost everyone seems to be turning it off.

In my case they are right. When I did what everyone suggested, the exact opposite happens. Terrible light bleed, flash-lighting, blooming, etc. Just weird. But can't complain as it looks exactly how I want it.
post #4494 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by traebon View Post

I am having the same issue with my 50" - no cursor in netflix so there is no way to login. I spoke with Vizio and they originally told me it was functioning as expected - Really? No cursor is the desired behavior?

Then the tech said he just read that it's a known issue and Vizio is working with netflix to fix. He didn't have an ETA to provide.

There's quite a few fixes for that problem. Ps3, appletv, roku, insert any other media player here. I don't think any of the tv apps work all that well compared to separate devices.
post #4495 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonMasterTim View Post

You know, I've thought the same thing. The short answer is that many calibrations call for those things to be turned off because they introduce artifacts or introduce processing that can interfere with a calibration. That said though, I wonder what the point is of all of these reduction filters, smoothing, dimming, etc. that drive up the price and add more complexity when everyone just turns them off. Same thing with my PS3. The consensus seems to be to turn off noise reduction options and so forth and I have to wonder why they were ever added if they make things look worse? I suppose some people like a softer picture, or the SOE, but aren't the local dimming features supposed to be an improvement to the overall PQ by turning off various zones to retain deep blacks and minimize light bleed? CNET praised the local dimming on the M Series and yet almost everyone seems to be turning it off. smile.gif

On my set ("60") when you play a 3D movie, Smooth Motion (Med) and Reduce Signal Noise (low) turn on by default, and are locked on, so they must really want to force you to use these settings for 3D. I figure there must be a good reason for this.
post #4496 of 8783
I have posted a video of my flickering issue. Please keep your eye on the top left corner. If you are susceptible to seizures I would not watch. Focus on the top left corner, it becomes clear around the 10 second mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItYQflZhdhY

I'm tempting to take the 10% after talking to VIzio support.

They said they would replace it under warranty if it worsens. I'd end up getting the TV for $800, which is more than 25% off. Worth noting that 4 of the dead pixels seem to be okay now, so it might be some intermittent issue anyway.

*Edit* Went with the refund. I figured it's minor enough that I don't notice it unless I really look for it - and if it gets worse I have squaretrade for the next 4 years. Getting a TV of this quality for $800 after all is said and done is an outstanding deal. Can't say enough about how helpful Amazon was. In addition to price matching me to $979 initially, they offered $150 in refunds ($50 for the two pairs of damaged glasses and $100 for the pixel issue I had). I wasn't demanding or rude to them, simply asked if they could help and they did. Very nice people to work with. They also gave me a $50 store credit once they added the Amazon Prime promo the next day, so I ended up netting $11 on that after buying prime for $39.
Edited by Padinn - 9/16/13 at 3:02pm
post #4497 of 8783
I have the M601 A3R. and a Panny BDT-310 3-D Blu-ray player. Has anyone had any luck getting the 2D-3D to work without the picture looking all scrambled? If so, could you please list the steps that make this work? I don't have any problems with Directv 3D or 3D blu-rays.
post #4498 of 8783
Has anyone ever seen thin horizontal lines on their tv? I have a 70 inch and I see it mostly in faces. I can't remember ever seeing anything like it. It's almost like on older lcd's where there aren't enough pixels to make the picture as solid.
post #4499 of 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauz20 View Post

@cash @nhan ok, you've reassured me. It's a Dodge Journey and will be a tight fit according to measurements. I'll pad the bejeebus out of it with blankets and such and drive smart.

Also to find out what side the screen is on ... I think its better for the panel when laying down to not put the pressure on the front of the screen and the bouncing weight pointing downwards towards the screen..

I would make sure the screen side is pointing up so no needless pressure and bending occurs on the screen or edges where the LED's are located.

Just my 2 cents on transporting a TV laying down.
post #4500 of 8783
As I posted and a few people responded.

Local dimming Off
Smooth motion off
3D rarely use (admit it)
TruMotion Off.
240hz. Is faked (we hope its a real 120hz panel) but no concrete proof

If most people Turn all these and more features off. Then why just get a 120hz LED LCD that's Back-lit. Because most of the complaints come from slim Edge-lit
Units I hear constant complaints of banding, flash lighting,

I never hear anyone say I really wish my TV was thinner
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread