or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread - Page 260

post #7771 of 8828

I've seen this problem twice and thought to put it here to check if anyone has dealt with it before.

 

I've a M321i-A2 in the bedroom  runing 1.06.x firmware and was setup with wireless connection with a router I've. The wireless connection worked until I had to reboot the router for some other purpose.  Once the router is back up, the TV wireless won't work. I see the <..> icon  in front of the "Network" option.  It does show the SSID but won't let me select to be able to re-initiate the connection.  The only option worked for me was to reset the TV to factory defaults and set it up again..

 

Has anyone seen this problem?

 

 

Thanks

post #7772 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinainteasy View Post

Hi All,

First time poster here. I have this same same issue with "1/4" of slightly dim shadow on both sides" - I think they may have been referred to as pencil lines in previous posts. Does anyone know if there is a consensus among 55" owners that this is normal?

 


Normal for the 55...it didn't bother me at all when I had it
post #7773 of 8828
Should I expect prices to drop more on the M series? Right now the 50" is 799 and 55" is 999.
post #7774 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice5484 View Post

Should I expect prices to drop more on the M series? Right now the 50" is 799 and 55" is 999.

I'll just say this...stock is running low in my area...so you might be taking a risk waiting.
post #7775 of 8828
Maybe I'll pull the trigger. I wanted a 55" but it's 999 and the 50" is 799 which is a better deal.

Will the new M series be better and similar prices?

Also prob a stupid question, do you have to watch it in 3D?
post #7776 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice5484 View Post

Maybe I'll pull the trigger. I wanted a 55" but it's 999 and the 50" is 799 which is a better deal.

Will the new M series be better and similar prices?




Also prob a stupid question, do you have to watch it in 3D?

I believe it should be better from the hype I hear about them and yes similar prices.

If you want 3d then get the current M series. If you don't want it...then maybe you should wait.
post #7777 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice5484 View Post

Maybe I'll pull the trigger. I wanted a 55" but it's 999 and the 50" is 799 which is a better deal.

Will the new M series be better and similar prices?

Also prob a stupid question, do you have to watch it in 3D?

Looks like the 2014s will be a bit less expensive: http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24381825/vizio-announces-2014-e-series-and-m-series-hdtv-collections-featuring-best-in-class-picture-quality-with-advanced-local-dimming-and-full-array-led

2014 M502i $729.99 MSRP

2014 M552i $899.99 MSRP

They will be FALD which should be better that the edge-lit 2013 Ms but do not support 3D.

Assuming you are asking about watching 3D on the 2013 M Series, you usually have control over whether you want to watch in 2D or 3D mode...

-fafrd
post #7778 of 8828

Thanks, I will hold off.

 

My 42 inch Vizio M Series from a few years ago still looks great, I just really want to upgrade the size

post #7779 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvforavs View Post

I've seen this problem twice and thought to put it here to check if anyone has dealt with it before.

I've a M321i-A2 in the bedroom  runing 1.06.x firmware and was setup with wireless connection with a router I've. The wireless connection worked until I had to reboot the router for some other purpose.  Once the router is back up, the TV wireless won't work. I see the <..> icon  in front of the "Network" option.  It does show the SSID but won't let me select to be able to re-initiate the connection.  The only option worked for me was to reset the TV to factory defaults and set it up again..

Has anyone seen this problem?


Thanks

Hi. This has happens all the time with me, though it's not always the TV's fault. When we lose power (all too often where I live) the router will sometimes assign al new IP addresses to the wireless devices on my network. Sometimes I'll have to re-log onto the network with each device, sometimes it's only the TV. Sometimes the TV with just drop my network for no reason and I'll have re-enter the password.

The wireless signal on my TV fluctuates from 2 - 4 bars sometimes like I'm walking around the house with the TV. Last week it went to one bar and I couldn't even stream photos to the TV. After trying everything I could think of I unplugged the TV for 20 minutes and when I plugged it back in I had 4 bars on the wireless meter for the first time in weeks! Then it went up to the rarely seen (in my case) 5 bars for a few days! After 8 months I still have no idea what's going on with this TV sometimes...

still stranded on v1.06.8.1285 btw...
post #7780 of 8828
Did anyone else notice since getting 1.09.42 a lengthening of the time required between turning the TV on and being able to change the input?

I used to have my Harmony set to 11 seconds, but since the update have had to increase this to 15 seconds.

Also, nice not to see embarrassing "put on your 3d glassses" message anymore.
post #7781 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimdeath View Post

Did anyone else notice since getting 1.09.42 a lengthening of the time required between turning the TV on and being able to change the input?

I used to have my Harmony set to 11 seconds, but since the update have had to increase this to 15 seconds.

Also, nice not to see embarrassing "put on your 3d glassses" message anymore.

No. My delay was set to 10 sec before. Didn't need to change it after the firmware update.
post #7782 of 8828
I have the M501d-a2r with firmware v1.06.10.1310.

I've done:

1. System > System information.
2. Scroll down to "reg" and make sure this says yes.
3. Go to Reset & Admin > Service Check > Click yes.
4. Turn off the tv and turn it back on.

Did I do this right because I don't have v1.09.
post #7783 of 8828

Hey man I'm going to call Vizio sometime this week. I'm not sure how you want to do this but would you be willing be get me those vids and pics of your issue? I will try to add them to my case and see if someone can reach out to you. Let me know if your interested. My email is thomps011@yahoo.com

post #7784 of 8828

I recently purchased a M401i-A3 40" and was wondering how I could get my .mp4's to stream from my computer.  I can see them listed in my network but it states the audio / video codec is not supported when I try to play them.  My .avi files play fine. (tia)

post #7785 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice5484 View Post

Maybe I'll pull the trigger. I wanted a 55" but it's 999 and the 50" is 799 which is a better deal.

Will the new M series be better and similar prices?

Also prob a stupid question, do you have to watch it in 3D?
I just bought the M55 from Costco last week it was 979.00 plus tax. I think im going to bring it back because i have too much flash lighting on this set. I am going to pick up the M60 plus my Costco is all out of the M55.
post #7786 of 8828
Would be nice if Vizio released the new M series soon
post #7787 of 8828
I am waiting on the new M series, but i dont want to give up on the 3D of last years M series. The new M series has to be that much better in PQ for me to return the M series i have now.
post #7788 of 8828

I got another replacement today for my M50 today and now this one has more apparent light bleeding but worst of all the screen seems to have this pink hue over it (never seen this on my previous M50s). Has anyone ever had this issue and can it only be fixed by replacing the entire TV once again (*sigh*)? I've calibrated the TV with Dr. Schankenstein (as usual) by the way so its not the color temperature settings that causing the pink hue.

post #7789 of 8828

Thanks -- here's what I found out:

I called Visio tech support and they said they would send me a new remote. Then today they called back (different guy, very bright) to give me the solution. The Vizio remote on the M Series can broadcast in both wireless (RF) and Infrared (IR), and the default is RF. If you have lots of other wireless going on in your house like we all do, it may be necessary to use the IR instead. Here's how to switch it:

Turn the TV on using the panel button on the back.
Hold the remote close to the lower left corner.
Press the Fast Forward button (near the top right) AND the Enter button (bottom left) at the same time, and hold for 12 seconds.

Then you will be transmitting in IR. Press the power button to turn the unit off, and again to turn it back on, and you are back in business.

This seems like something every Vizio owner needs to know -- you'd think they would print it on the quick start guide or something.

 

I tried the above remote tweek to change from RF to IR worked like a charm!

 

Thanks! Feb 18, 2014  I have the Vizio M Series 70" TV

post #7790 of 8828
I have model M601d-A3; my system version is V1.08.12.000. Does anyone with this model have a newer version?
post #7791 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post

I just bought the m551d-a2 and wondering if there is any cheap "throwaway" passive glasses that work with this tv? The kids love the 3D but sometimes they are not careful with things so looking for a cheap solution. 

every passive 3d glasses ive tried work fine, the cheap ones from the theaters work fine.

which reminds me, wanted to share this pair for anyone who uses rx glasses like i do. I liked them so much i got a second one.
http://dx.com/p/reedoon-9755-circularly-polarized-3d-non-flash-glasses-for-tcl-lg-3d-tv-black-202660#.UwP0xPldX4Y
post #7792 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperman View Post

every passive 3d glasses ive tried work fine, the cheap ones from the theaters work fine.

which reminds me, wanted to share this pair for anyone who uses rx glasses like i do. I liked them so much i got a second one.
http://dx.com/p/reedoon-9755-circularly-polarized-3d-non-flash-glasses-for-tcl-lg-3d-tv-black-202660#.UwP0xPldX4Y

They look a bit bulky and heavy, but the price is sure right.
post #7793 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmine848 View Post

I have model M601d-A3; my system version is V1.08.12.000. Does anyone with this model have a newer version?

I just bought an M60 this week and have 1.25
post #7794 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorVideo View Post

They look a bit bulky and heavy, but the price is sure right.

they are big, not too heavy though (site says Weight: 0.99 oz (28 g), i forget i have them on, but i wear glasses all the time so maybe im used to it, they fit really well. they were a buck cheaper when i bought them, really great deal for me, beats out the alternatives i saw at amazon which were $20+ and i hate clip ons
post #7795 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorVideo View Post

They look a bit bulky and heavy, but the price is sure right.

I prefer these.

Sony TDG-500P Passive 3D Glasses
by Sony

Link: http://amzn.com/B00C50NV2M
Edited by J y E 4Ever - 2/18/14 at 6:32pm
post #7796 of 8828
I finally got the 1.0.9 update on my 55inch sometime in the past week. Will re-run the Disney WoW disc tomorrow and post my calibration settings. Does anyone know what buttons you push on the remote to set it to the TV? For example - when I press menu it will often go to my cable box's menu (since I paired them) but I think by pushing input I can get to the TVs menu.
post #7797 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padinn View Post

I finally got the 1.0.9 update on my 55inch sometime in the past week. Will re-run the Disney WoW disc tomorrow and post my calibration settings. Does anyone know what buttons you push on the remote to set it to the TV? For example - when I press menu it will often go to my cable box's menu (since I paired them) but I think by pushing input I can get to the TVs menu.

Someone upthread said to use the 'input' button like you said. I just hit the button that brings up the apps and the select "TV Settings" option.
post #7798 of 8828
IMG_9899.jpeg 2857k .jpeg file

this is what my tv looks like now frown.gif

I have a technician coming tomorrow to look at it to see if he can fix it.
post #7799 of 8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolimit View Post

IMG_9899.jpeg 2857k .jpeg file

this is what my tv looks like now frown.gif

I have a technician coming tomorrow to look at it to see if he can fix it.

I would just swap it for a new unit why get it fixed? Call Vizio and get a new swap.
post #7800 of 8828
The warranty I bought says they have to try to fix it first and if they can't fix it they will get me a new one
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Vizio M-Series Razor Mxx1i thread