or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › American Idol Season 12 (2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

American Idol Season 12 (2013) - Page 4

post #91 of 432
There are a lot more good singers this year than in the recent past.
post #92 of 432
I thought that they picked the right 5 girls out of the 10.

I still hate 4 judges, its so ponderous, 4 people almost always saying the same thing, go to 3 judges.

Mariah sits there like such a diva, geez.

Randy dresses like a clown, what is with him?

I still watch though as i love music, and its a chance to listen to some interesting performances (along with some bad ones).

Still dont think they should be forced to pick an equal number of men and women, it should be the best, even if its 10 out of 12 of the same sex in the final twelve (or is it a final 10?).
post #93 of 432
OMFG, this show is a joke. The judges are sitting there saying it wasn't your best performance blah blah blah. Then they turn around and say stuff almost so they don't get booed by the crowd. I am done.
post #94 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

OMFG, this show is a joke. The judges are sitting there saying it wasn't your best performance blah blah blah. Then they turn around and say stuff almost so they don't get booed by the crowd. I am done.

Yeah, but the crowd is so jerky, anytime the judges say the slightest negative thing about anyone, the crowd starts booing and making noise. After awhile i think it gets to the judges.

The men just dont do it for me this season, the women are so much better as i have said before. However, both Maria and Niki seem to love any good looking guy even if they dont sing that well.
post #95 of 432
A few REALLY good singers and then the others I can't believe they made it. I always say this, but it is like they practice and practice that one song to sing in front of the judges over and over and just make it perect, then when they have to sing other songs and only have 1 week of practice they suck at it.

On a side note, my best friend's daugher tried out for this show. She got in front of the first round of producers and they loved her, told her to sing that exact song for the judges. She got in front of the judges but decided at the last minute to try a different song and they hated it, so she didn't make it. Pretty cool talking to her though and seeing some behind the scenes stuff on what really goes on.
post #96 of 432
Haven’t watched all season (b/c I can’t stand Nikki) but flipped it on last night – couldn't make it past one performance. And WTF is up with the drag queen dude?
post #97 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Yeah, but the crowd is so jerky, anytime the judges say the slightest negative thing about anyone, the crowd starts booing and making noise. After awhile i think it gets to the judges.

The men just dont do it for me this season, the women are so much better as i have said before. However, both Maria and Niki seem to love any good looking guy even if they dont sing that well.

I really wasn't having an issue with Nikki till last night. I didn't watch every show though since Survivor is back. Last night though, she just sucks, its like OMG how can you not agree with ME. Mariah is worse than J-LO sitting there worried about how she looks.
post #98 of 432
I'm guessing now that that little awkward kid is going to go a long way, what with the nations apparent infatuation with nerdy awkward people currently.
post #99 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I'm guessing now that that little awkward kid is going to go a long way, what with the nations apparent infatuation with nerdy awkward people currently.
Completely embarrassing. He makes it and then right after that there's 2 guys that can legitimately sing and only one spot left.

I try to like Nicki. She gives legit criticism to someone and I think, "Oh, she's not so bad" . Then she lobbies for that idiot to go through. Same with the freak with a dress on. She loves it. And FOUR JUDGES IS TORTURE. I barely make it through the 3 babbling for 5 minutes, then we get to suffer through the 4th forgotten judge. Paula Abdul -2.0

How about just 1 contestant per show and 20 judges.
post #100 of 432
I don't mind Mariah, even if she does have nothing to say, or doesn't know how to word what she wants to say. She actually has experience and talent. Unlike Nicki. No talent, no experience, and nothing about her looks natural.


From the people I've seen so far, I like Kree the most. Goofy name though.
post #101 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

I thought that they picked the right 5 girls out of the 10.

I still hate 4 judges, its so ponderous, 4 people almost always saying the same thing, go to 3 judges.

Mariah sits there like such a diva, geez.

Randy dresses like a clown, what is with him?

I still watch though as i love music, and its a chance to listen to some interesting performances (along with some bad ones).

Still dont think they should be forced to pick an equal number of men and women, it should be the best, even if its 10 out of 12 of the same sex in the final twelve (or is it a final 10?).


There's a person on the judges panel with mutli-colored pastel hair, dressed in a Sgt Peppers style phony military outfit and you single out Randy as dressing like a clown? wink.gif
post #102 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

There's a person on the judges panel with mutli-colored pastel hair, dressed in a Sgt Peppers style phony military outfit and you single out Randy as dressing like a clown? wink.gif
Very strong point. What about the Australian gentlemen with the lady wig on?
post #103 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

There's a person on the judges panel with mutli-colored pastel hair, dressed in a Sgt Peppers style phony military outfit and you single out Randy as dressing like a clown? wink.gif

LMAO!!!! But in actuality, i expect it out of her, she is a performer and thats her thing, just like the way Tyler dressed last year. But Randy, man, no reason for him to dress in ridiculous colors and wearing giant pins on his jacket and so on. Plus like so many people, Randy has whitened his TOP teeth, but his bottom teeth look orange or something. I never did understand why people only get their top teeth whitened or capped, dont they realize that from certain angles the dirty discolored bottom teeth show?biggrin.gif??
post #104 of 432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

LMAO!!!! But in actuality, i expect it out of her, she is a performer and thats her thing, just like the way Tyler dressed last year. But Randy, man, no reason for him to dress in ridiculous colors and wearing giant pins on his jacket and so on. Plus like so many people, Randy has whitened his TOP teeth, but his bottom teeth look orange or something. I never did understand why people only get their top teeth whitened or capped, dont they realize that from certain angles the dirty discolored bottom teeth show?biggrin.gif??

Oh great, now I have to notice yellow teeth each show. Thanks!
post #105 of 432
Well, Randy is [was] a performer too. At least he tones down his look a little bit when he's offstage, unlike Minaj...



OTOH, he's still a lame judge/mentor. I can't think of anything insightful he's ever said in all these seasons. I guess he's like the bassist for Spinal Tap, he's the lukewarm water to offset the others fire and ice.
post #106 of 432
Much better format than in previous years. It would be nice if they did not have to end up with the name number of girls a guys. The girls seem way better in my opinion.

The judges are way better than before. Never thought I would like them but it seems to be coming together. Didn't much care for Hollywood week, especially group nights. But Las Vegas was interesting, at least the girls' night.
post #107 of 432
I missed half of the guys performance night so I do not really have a full opinion on them. Of the guys I saw I thought only one of them was really good. I did see the girls perform and I thought they got four of the five spots right, from the performance night only. I thought Isabelle should have gone in over Tenna Torres. Tenna Torres picked a really bad song.
post #108 of 432
The whole thing with Jimmy breaking the deadlock was one of the most ridiculous things I have seen on this show. How can they be deadlocked over one contestant??? If he got through, were they going to put 6 of them through? If they were undecided between 2 contestants, then why only reveal one of them to Jimmy??? How can he make a choice when he only knows one of the choices? The whole thing was just contrived nonsense in an effort to create some silly drama.

I have been watching Idol faithfully since season 2, but they might lose me here. Mariah (whom I am sure will not be back next year) looks like should would rather be anywhere else than on the judging panel, and does nothing but agree with what was previously said. Nicki seems to alternate between being really annoying with the fake Zsa Zsa accents, and then switches without warning into an articulate judge at times. Sometimes Nicki seems like she would be more suited to a show like the X-Factor based on her comments of what she is looking for.
post #109 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

Nicki seems to alternate between being really annoying with the fake Zsa Zsa accents, and then switches without warning into an articulate judge at times..
Totally agree. I despise her at times, then all of the sudden she says something that I totally agree with. Then of course she'll do something horrific that makes me forget all about it.
post #110 of 432
No comments on last night's show? I missed quite a bit of it because I was switching back and forth between AI & Survivor and watched something else the 2nd hour.
post #111 of 432
To be fair I did miss half of last week's guy show, but it seems like the girls are a cut above the guys this year. I would taken another two or three girls and cut that number from the guys if I had choice.
post #112 of 432
Thread Starter 
Tonight's guy show proved it should be 18 girls and 2 guys in the next round.
post #113 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

Tonight's guy show proved it should be 18 girls and 2 guys in the next round.
The whole reason that they do the 50/50 split is because they don't want to alienate the viewing demographics. But that's the way this show is set up. Even if they did put through an 18/2 split, you can bet those 2 guys would be among the last to be voted out thanks to voter allegiance by gender.
post #114 of 432
Is the competition causing fewer people to watch Idol? Not really, at least if you are just looking at the main broadcast networks. Last night almost everything else was a repeat. The top new show other than Idol was Community with a cancellation worthy 1.1. Even with that "help" Idol was still down (probably even when the finals are released) from last week. Evidently people are finding other areas of entertainment (cable networks, the Internet, reading a book, etc.). What does this portend for The Voice? Even if it is down from its ratings in the fall, it still has a chance to beat Idol in the weekly ratings, as it is unlikely that Idol will mount much of a comeback over the next few weeks.
post #115 of 432
I just watched the last 2 episodes. Some of the worst cuts I've seen. Zoanette and Lazarro, they keep? Both wretched.
post #116 of 432
I can't believe how bad the song choices have been the last two weeks. It's as if these kids are preparing for a career doing the theaters in Branson.
post #117 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

I can't believe how bad the song choices have been the last two weeks. It's as if these kids are preparing for a career doing the theaters in Branson.

Yeah, terrible song choices, i guess they arent smart enough to know they need to do blockbusters when its sudden death.

I still dont think the guys are anywhere near as good as the girls.
post #118 of 432
Terrible song choices, and even worse choices by the judges on who to get rid of. The Voice comes back in less than a month, can't wait. American Idol is horrible.

People keep singing some crap bland song that I've never heard before that makes my eyes glaze over the first 10 seconds and then Keith Urban reveals that it was one of his songs. Who listens to Keith Urban music, I swear I've never heard a song from him.

I want to strangle Minaj so bad. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU STUPID.

By the time they get to Mariah I'm already having heart palpitations I'm so angry at the first 3 horrible judges, I fast forward straight through her inane comments. You would think they would at least switch the order of who gives their worthless opinions around every now and then so Mariah goes first and feels like part of the horrible judges family.

I've been watching alot of the Jodi Arias murder trial on HLN so I've been watching Jean Velez Mitchell. Her voice reminds me exactly of a female Ryan Seacrest (but even worse). That really annoying over enunciating everything "official broadcaster" voice. They should bring back the two host thing for Idol and have them together to drive away the remaining viewers.
post #119 of 432
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

...I've been watching alot of the Jodi Arias murder trial...

That explains a lot.
post #120 of 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

Terrible song choices, and even worse choices by the judges on who to get rid of. The Voice comes back in less than a month, can't wait. American Idol is horrible.

People keep singing some crap bland song that I've never heard before that makes my eyes glaze over the first 10 seconds and then Keith Urban reveals that it was one of his songs. Who listens to Keith Urban music, I swear I've never heard a song from him.

I want to strangle Minaj so bad. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU STUPID.

By the time they get to Mariah I'm already having heart palpitations I'm so angry at the first 3 horrible judges, I fast forward straight through her inane comments. You would think they would at least switch the order of who gives their worthless opinions around every now and then so Mariah goes first and feels like part of the horrible judges family.

I've been watching alot of the Jodi Arias murder trial on HLN so I've been watching Jean Velez Mitchell. Her voice reminds me exactly of a female Ryan Seacrest (but even worse). That really annoying over enunciating everything "official broadcaster" voice. They should bring back the two host thing for Idol and have them together to drive away the remaining viewers.
I listen to Keith Urban because I listen to country music. So there! rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › American Idol Season 12 (2013)