or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › RED 2 - Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Brian Cox
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RED 2 - Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren,...

post #1 of 44
Thread Starter 
This sequel better not be like the snoozer 1st one. Btw does anyone know the whereabouts of lwright??? This trailer would have been here already.

In the sequel, starring Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Byung Hun Lee, Brian Cox and Neal McDonough, retired black-ops CIA agent Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device. To succeed, they'll need to survive an army of relentless assassins, ruthless terrorists and power-crazed government officials, all eager to get their hands on the next-generation weapon. The mission takes Frank and his motley crew to Paris, London and Moscow. Outgunned and outmanned, they have only their cunning wits, their old-school skills, and each other to rely on as they try to save the world-and stay alive in the process.

RED 2 features a screenplay by Erich and Jon Hoeber, who wrote the script for the original RED, based in turn on the comic book by Warren Ellis and Cully Hammer. It's set to hit theaters on August 2.

post #2 of 44
Didn't think the first was that bad - didn't expect a sequel though!
post #3 of 44
The 1st one was very good. The sequel was planned long ago, I'm glad we have a trailer now smile.gif Looking forward to this.
post #4 of 44
Ill rent it when it hits blu ray. Too be honest I didnt expect a sequel either.
post #5 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Ill rent it when it hits blu ray. Too be honest I didnt expect a sequel either.

With Mary-Louise Parker involved, I want 3 trilogies wink.gif
post #6 of 44
If Tom Cruise can star in Jack Reacher why not a Red 2? Hell yes, bring it on!

"Are you not ENTERTAINED?!"

http://areyounotentertained.com/
post #7 of 44
Thread Starter 
It's just so sad to see Malkovich and Willis both one of my all time favs looking so old without any hair. Time is flying by
post #8 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

It's just so sad to see Malkovich and Willis both one of my all time favs looking so old without any hair. Time is flying by
They are still rocking it, especially Willis. Now Chevy Chase and Bill Murray on the other hand really make me feel old...
post #9 of 44
Anyone else notice the guy from I Saw the Devil? Hopefully they give him a character written well as he has some talent!
post #10 of 44
The first movie was a fun romp.
Hopefully, R2 will work out.
post #11 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

They are still rocking it, especially Willis. Now Chevy Chase and Bill Murray on the other hand really make me feel old...
I'm mixed on this, I know physically BW is still healthy and fit BUT because he has no hair he looks more closer to the nursing home than Bill Murray who still has a full head of hair. Btw I would think by now past the day of reckoning 2012 they have come up something to solve the balding gene. We can clone a dog but we can't clone a head of hair? cmon now
post #12 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

I would think by now past the day of reckoning 2012 they have come up something to solve the balding gene. We can clone a dog but we can't clone a head of hair? cmon now

I wish
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

I'm mixed on this, I know physically BW is still healthy and fit BUT because he has no hair
HEY NOW!!!
I resemble that remark!biggrin.gif

Quote:
Btw I would think by now past the day of reckoning 2012 they have come up something to solve the balding gene. We can clone a dog but we can't clone a head of hair? cmon now
Medical research for the last 50 years has been geared toward finding drug therapies....NOT a lot of $$$ in finding cures.wink.gif
post #14 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post



HEY NOW!!!
I resemble that remark!biggrin.gif
Medical research for the last 50 years has been geared toward finding drug therapies....NOT a lot of $$$ in finding cures.wink.gif

Well I wish they put a lot more effort in finding a cure. I'm glad we got guys like Statham, Deisel, Willis and Constanza that are in the movie business.
post #15 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Well I wish they put a lot more effort in finding a cure. I'm glad we got guys like Statham, Deisel, Willis and Constanza that are in the movie business.
To be honest for a second, I actually LIKE today's "baldy look."
It is so SIMPLE to take care of from a maintenance POV.wink.gif
post #16 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

To be honest for a second, I actually LIKE today's "baldy look."
It is so SIMPLE to take care of from a maintenance POV.wink.gif

I know, I ditched the gel years ago smile.gif
post #17 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

To be honest for a second, I actually LIKE today's "baldy look."
It is so SIMPLE to take care of from a maintenance POV.wink.gif
Exactly why I shave my head... even though I'm not balding wink.gif

I think BW looks good because he looks in good health. BM and Chevy just look like the years of abuse and lack of exercise have taken their toll. The hair is a non-issue really.
Edited by General Kenobi - 1/21/13 at 10:12am
post #18 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

The hair is a non-issue really.
That's what I tell my wife.....sometimes, she believes it too.tongue.gif
post #19 of 44
I notice Karl Urban is missing, that's sad cause he was great in the first one... he was probably busy with Star Trek 2...
post #20 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

That's what I tell my wife.....sometimes, she believes it too.tongue.gif

At least your in the clear if she finds a hair in her food wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I notice Karl Urban is missing, that's sad cause he was great in the first one... he was probably busy with Star Trek 2...
Yeah, would have been nice to see him return but as a good guy that may have been tough to work him in properly. Can't wait for ST 2 btw!
post #21 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

At least your in the clear if she finds a hair in her food wink.gif
LOL.

Quote:
Can't wait for ST 2 btw!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no more ALFS!!!!
post #22 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post


PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no more ALFS!!!!

Abrams Lens Flare System? wink.gif
post #23 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

Abrams Lens Flare System Syndrome wink.gif
Very close.wink.gif
post #24 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I notice Karl Urban is missing, that's sad cause he was great in the first one... he was probably busy with Star Trek 2...

True and Anthony doing comedy?

Not to worry - Mary Parker will do the Doe Eyed Thing, we'll see her legs, feet (oooh!!)
and all will be great.

Further research images - http://www.mademan.com/gallery/mary-louise-parker-sells-weeds/

wink.gif
Edited by thedeskE - 1/23/13 at 7:11pm
post #25 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post


Further research images - http://www.mademan.com/gallery/mary-louise-parker-sells-weeds/

Damn! ...she is sooooooooooo sexy!!!! smile.gif
post #26 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

Damn! ...she is sooooooooooo sexy!!!! smile.gif

And almost 49 - Fine Wine Needs A Little Time wink.gif
post #27 of 44
I admit to being a fan of the original 2010 movie Red, even though I normally do not appreciate movies derived from comic (or graphic novel) source. But Action Comedy can be a very entertaining genre if done right - and they got the original movie right.

Red 2 is enjoyable, but not quite as good. The action sequences are comparable, even slightly better than the first movie, but the concept is no longer fresh and original. Nor was veteran actor Ernest Borgnine alive to reprise his wonderful bit part as the CIA Records Keeper.

I'd say watch this one on Blu-Ray.
post #28 of 44
The Brian Cox film, Red, was superior. IMHO, of course.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0972883/
post #29 of 44
Thread Starter 
BAD-ASS!!! is the word that comes to mind just after seeing this. Sorry but I hated the 1st, boring, dull and I simply can't stand Morgan Freeman anymore. I could barely keep my eyes open. I just recall in the 1st one, most of the characters were NOT convincing or believable. The sequel, although had more comedy, to me was somehow more believable.

This one, like Expendables 2 IMHO was substantially better than the 1st. Red 2 has a much better and a stronger cast. I thought the dialogue and script was much tighter and well frankly,..it worked for me. The action was consistently better, bigger and a few really unique and well thought out.
post #30 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

BAD-ASS!!! is the word that comes to mind just after seeing this. Sorry but I hated the 1st, boring, dull and I simply can't stand Morgan Freeman anymore. I could barely keep my eyes open. I just recall in the 1st one, most of the characters were NOT convincing or believable. The sequel, although had more comedy, to me was somehow more believable.

This one, like Expendables 2 IMHO was substantially better than the 1st. Red 2 has a much better and a stronger cast. I thought the dialogue and script was much tighter and well frankly,..it worked for me. The action was consistently better, bigger and a few really unique and well thought out.
Truly Bad Ass. smile.gif I like how Malkovich really runs with his character too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › RED 2 - Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Brian Cox