If you came here by clicking on '4 options' right at the top of the FAQ, congratulations. If you just stumbled on it, also congratulations! This is a list of links to sites, articles and threads that I have found useful.The list is in no special order and is purely a personal selection - no endorsement of the content of the links is implied or suggested. I will add to it from time to time.
Audio Myths and Snake Oil
- A Brief Guide To Audio For The Skeptical Consumer
- Audio Mythology
- Do All Amplifiers Sound The Same?
- Arny Kreuger On Why Sometimes Amps Can 'Sound Different'
- Audio Myths Dispelled
- Audio Snake Oil (A Must-read!)
- Passive Biamping - AKA 'Fool's Biamping'
- Why All HDMI Cables Are The Same
- Ethan Winer on 'Audiophoolery'
- Do Amplifiers Contribute To Sound Quality?
- The McGurk Effect - Is Seeing Believing?
- Fanboyism and Brand Loyalty
- The Semmelweiss Reflex
- Testing Audiophile Claims and Myths
- The Dishonesty of Sighted Listening Tests
- Speaker Wire - Fact and Fiction
- Speaker Wire - A History, by Roger Russell
- Denon In Disguise? $18,000 AVP Is Really A Denon Underneath
Room Acoustics Etc
- The Decibel Scale And Audio Rules 101
- RealTraps Room Measuring Series
- What Are The Characteristics of a Good Sounding Room?
- A Bunch Of Articles On Room Treatments
- How Do Listening Room Acoustics Affect Audio Quality?
- Speech Intelligibility Papers
- Getting The Bass Right - White Paper by Floyd E. Toole
- Acoustic Treatment and Design for Recording Studios and Listening Rooms
- Basic Acoustics Measurement Primer
- DIY Construction of Hangable Acoustic Panels
- Bass Traps - Audioholics Article
Electronic Room EQ
- The Audyssey Pro Installer Kit FAQ
- Audyssey Labs MultEQ - Audioholics Review
- Stereophile Magazine's Top 6 Room Correction Systems
Various Reviews Etc
- GIK Acoustics Tri-Trap, Monster Bass Trap and 242 Acoustic Panels Reviewed
- GIK Acoustics Panels Overview and Installation — Reviews and News from Audioholics
- GIK Elite Pillar Bass Traps and D1 Diffusers
- GiK Tri-Trap Build Quality — Reviews and News from Audioholics
- Ready Acoustics Chameleon Bass Trap Review
- Bass Management Basics - Settings Made Simple
- Setting Up a Multi-Subwoofer System - Audioholics Article
- Sealed vs ported loudspeakers, which is better?
- A Guide to Bipolar, Dipolar and Direct Radiating Speakers
- Interview With Loudspeaker Designer John Dunlavy
- SPL Calculator
- Crown Audio SPL Calculator
- Viewing Distance Calculator
- Projector Throw/Seating Distance/Screen Size Calculator
Measuring Your Room
- REW Help - Index
- Subjective Listening Tests Methodology
- Acoustical Measurement Standards For Stereo Listening Rooms
- The Hum FAQ
- Everything You'll Ever Need Know About HDMI Cables
- Understanding, Finding and Eliminating Ground Loops in Audio & Video Systems
- Audio's 'Circle of Confusion' - Dr Sean Olive
- Interactive Frequency Response Chart
- Making The Most Of Pro Gear In Your HT
- What Is Gain Structure?
- Gain Structure for Home Theatre
Edited by kbarnes701 - 2/17/14 at 6:03am