or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › LightSpace 3D LUT Home Cinema Calibration Software
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LightSpace 3D LUT Home Cinema Calibration Software - Page 5

post #121 of 143
Thanks Ted and Mike
post #122 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by realzven View Post

Thanks Ted and Mike

Today a new version has released also.

Something that I have to notice from my experience of using LightSpace the last 7 months is about the great customer support they offering.

They will reply to you 24/7 for any question/help/suggestion.

The LightSpace Team will find and fix any reported bug very quick and will release immediatelly a new software version, so you have not to wait a whole week or month for a release with a list of fixes of new improvements/additions.

This include color engine improvement changes, new features etc... a new version will be released immediatelly.

Another point is when a new version will be released, you don't need to run a Full 17-Point Cube Profiling every time....

You only need to open your latest saved display measurements file and only generate the LUT's you want..... Gamma 2.20, 2.22, 2.30, REC.709, BT1886......any target option you like, since the creation of each LUT will take only up to 3 sec max.

This saves a lot of hours from new measurements.

You only need to perform a new 17-Point Cube Run if the new version will bring some improvements over your meter's handling/reading..... or if your display has been used for a lot of hours from your previously saved profiling... (to prevent display drifting)
Edited by ConnecTEDDD - 6/13/13 at 5:19am
post #123 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

Today a new version has released also.

You only need to perform a new 17-Point Cube Run if the new version will bring some improvements over your meter's handling/reading..... or if your display has been used for a lot of hours from your previously saved profiling... (to prevent display drifting)

Yes Ted, that is what I did using my best profile. I like what I am seeing.
I also ran a full 17^3 profile using this new update, but I haven't looked at the results yet.

ss
post #124 of 143
SS, Have you tryed the DIP Mode 1 or 2 sec with your VT60?

Also, Are you using the Low Light Average of your Klein to your readings?

Using LightSpace's 'Measure & Log', have you compared the differencies of xyY readings of any Low Luminance Pattern?
post #125 of 143
Using the free quick profiling I checked out my display with a 2.2 gamma ArgyllCMS cLUT active with the following results:

Measured with i1pro 2 in closed loop mode, average low light measurements.

RGB separation


deltaE



Note that the program assumes a target gamma of 2.2 so if you calibrate to a different standard (bt.1886, 2.4 etc.) the deltaE values will reflect that difference.
post #126 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

Note that the program assumes a target gamma of 2.2 so if you calibrate to a different standard (bt.1886, 2.4 etc.) the deltaE values will reflect that difference.

I have no idea if it's possible at the Free Display Check Version of LightSpace, but in the registered or trial version, you can save your custom ColorSpace Targets (REC.709 2.22 ,2.25 whatever you like) and after that you can check you display profilings Charts realtime by selecting your custom ColorSpace's from the list.
post #127 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

SS, Have you tryed the DIP Mode 1 or 2 sec with your VT60?

Also, Are you using the Low Light Average of your Klein to your readings?

Using LightSpace's 'Measure & Log', have you compared the differencies of xyY readings of any Low Luminance Pattern?

No I haven't

Yes I use LLH

No I haven't

btw, I opened up LS and there is a new update for LS.

ss
post #128 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

I have no idea if it's possible at the Free Display Check Version of LightSpace, but in the registered or trial version, you can save your custom ColorSpace Targets (REC.709 2.22 ,2.25 whatever you like) and after that you can check you display profilings Charts realtime by selecting your custom ColorSpace's from the list.

I'll check that out, don't know if I can save custom gammas with colorspace. There is a canned ITU-R bt.1886 colorspace but I can't use it with the i1pro 2 because it doesn't get a good black point level. I can't seem to use my retail D3 with LI. Anyway, for completeness here are the RGB separations for the display native gamut, using the internal CMS and LUTed performance.

native average dE=3.5


internal CMS average dE=1.5



ArgyllCMS cLUT average dE=0.5

Edited by zoyd - 6/13/13 at 3:45pm
post #129 of 143
zoyd,

Were these generated using the internal pattern generator thru HDMI? I hv not figured out how to use a pattern generator with LI yet.
post #130 of 143
yes, closed loop mode using the LI internal generator.
post #131 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatesh_m View Post

zoyd,

Were these generated using the internal pattern generator thru HDMI? I hv not figured out how to use a pattern generator with LI yet.

I don't know if this new version supports any. If you have a Lumagen Radiance, hook it up and choose File > Upload
post #132 of 143
Couple of points.

The Free Profile only version doesn't allow any saving of profiles, so you can't make alternative Colour Space Targets.
Also, we do not support pattern generators, other than the Lumagen, as there has not been enough interest in them.
The internal pattern generation, or DIP mode (such as with Ted's disc) seems to cover all needs.

After any profile you can simply select from the various target profiles to see their comparison. That includes BT.1886.
Obviously the Gamma setting of the display will show as an error, if set to 2.2 vs. the gamma pre-sets of the alternative targets.

And the RGB Separation of a display is not reflected in the Delta-E plot.
They are showing different components of the display, and are not 'compatible'.

Steve
post #133 of 143
Do you plan to acquire the license to support the retail D3?
At the moment only the OEM versions works.
post #134 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Illusion View Post

Couple of points.

And the RGB Separation of a display is not reflected in the Delta-E plot.

yes it is, good separation will yield a flat dE plot, bad separation will yield bulges. The structure tells you about the separation, the absolute value tells you how far off your target luminance curve you are (gamma target).
post #135 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Illusion View Post

Couple of points.

The Free Profile only version doesn't allow any saving of profiles, so you can't make alternative Colour Space Targets.
Also, we do not support pattern generators, other than the Lumagen, as there has not been enough interest in them.
The internal pattern generation, or DIP mode (such as with Ted's disc) seems to cover all needs.

After any profile you can simply select from the various target profiles to see their comparison. That includes BT.1886.
Obviously the Gamma setting of the display will show as an error, if set to 2.2 vs. the gamma pre-sets of the alternative targets.

And the RGB Separation of a display is not reflected in the Delta-E plot.
They are showing different components of the display, and are not 'compatible'.

Steve


In regards to using the internal pattern generator, is it not possible to view a pattern with a black background? Its nice that the pattern window is adjustable, but it would be nice if the background was black instead of the gray LS GUI.
post #136 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forsnow View Post

In regards to using the internal pattern generator, is it not possible to view a pattern with a black background? Its nice that the pattern window is adjustable, but it would be nice if the background was black instead of the gray LS GUI.

Try using the attachment as your computer screen background.

Black1080p.JPG 81k .JPG file
post #137 of 143
Thread Starter 
For those who don't know, if you double click on internal patterns, the border will disappear.
Edited by buzzard767 - 6/14/13 at 5:50am
post #138 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

Try using the attachment as your computer screen background.

Black1080p.JPG 81k .JPG file

thanks buzz, but i still cant get it to work. How can you view the window pattern outside of the LS GUI? I open up LS, open up the calibration interface, then double click the patch color. This opens up the window pattern, but the GUI and the calibration interface are still open in the background. I cannot minimize anything without closing out of the window pattern first. Am i missing something obvious here?
post #139 of 143
Quote:
yes it is, good separation will yield a flat dE plot, bad separation will yield bulges. The structure tells you about the separation, the absolute value tells you how far off your target luminance curve you are (gamma target).
Sorry, NOT correct.
Poor RGB Separation will have NO effect on the Delat-E value - simple fact.

Steve
post #140 of 143
Quote:
thanks buzz, but i still cant get it to work. How can you view the window pattern outside of the LS GUI? I open up LS, open up the calibration interface, then double click the patch color. This opens up the window pattern, but the GUI and the calibration interface are still open in the background. I cannot minimize anything without closing out of the window pattern first. Am i missing something obvious here?
I would suggest using Extended Desktop mode, with the Display being calibrated separated from the operational GUI display.

Steve
post #141 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forsnow View Post

thanks buzz, but i still cant get it to work. How can you view the window pattern outside of the LS GUI? I open up LS, open up the calibration interface, then double click the patch color. This opens up the window pattern, but the GUI and the calibration interface are still open in the background. I cannot minimize anything without closing out of the window pattern first. Am i missing something obvious here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Illusion View Post

I would suggest using Extended Desktop mode, with the Display being calibrated separated from the operational GUI display.

Steve

Extended desktop - correct. The display should be black if you use the above attachment as the computer background. Then move the LS pattern to the display, size, and double click to remove the border.
post #142 of 143
As can be seen, the RGB Separation has NO effect on the Delta-E values.
This is a good example of why Delta-E is of limited use in verifying any display.



As the Gamma is near perfect you can see the Delta-E plot follows the RGB Balance data, with the RGB Separation having no effect at all.

Steve
Edited by Light Illusion - 6/15/13 at 8:32am
post #143 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Illusion View Post

...

As the Gamma is near perfect you can see the Delta-E plot follows the RGB Balance data, with the RGB Separation having no effect at all.

Steve

Well... right... you have to dial grayscale in too... always been that way.

Nice to see graphical proof.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Display Calibration
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › LightSpace 3D LUT Home Cinema Calibration Software