or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › ZT60 Series, Shipping May 2013, Models/Sizes/List Prices
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ZT60 Series, Shipping May 2013, Models/Sizes/List Prices - Page 24

post #691 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetightbass View Post

Simply not true! 3 surrounding bb calibrator s that I know are very good.

could very well be....general rule of thumb though is very few far in between are.
post #692 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

For what it's worth, if you just wait until inventory arrives, there shouldn't be any trouble with availability.
Yeah, I hope so but I hate taking the chance.
post #693 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetightbass View Post

Simply not true! 3 surrounding bb calibrator s that I know are very good.

where can these three BB calibrators be found?
post #694 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetightbass View Post

Simply not true! 3 surrounding bb calibrator s that I know are very good.
What have you been able to compare their work to?
post #695 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetightbass View Post

Simply not true! 3 surrounding bb calibrator s that I know are very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airgas1998 View Post

could very well be....general rule of thumb though is very few far in between are.

reminds me of when I used to work at walmart in the garage. one of the guys I worked with used to own his own shop and was a very good mechanic(in Africa). another guy tried to learn to drive standard on a customer's car. to say he knew nothing just because he worked for walmart was crazy. and I felt I was pretty over-qualified as well. but none of it had anything to do with walmarts training or hiring. we both just happened to know more about cars from experiences outside the workplace.

it's possible that a good calibrator(who was probably a good calibrator long before s/he started at BB) works for BB, but BB does not have high enough standards to guarantee the calibrator you get is going to be good. I still judge the quality of the company based on their training and standards, not on the handful of employees that go above and beyond
post #696 of 1309
Got my 65" ordered from BestBuy. Will be shipped on the 17th. They said it was back ordered. I'm upgrading from my Sony Z5100.

I will post pics once I get it =D
post #697 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by SodomySquirrel View Post

Got my 65" ordered from BestBuy. Will be shipped on the 17th. They said it was back ordered. I'm upgrading from my Sony Z5100.

I will post pics once I get it =D
Which one did you get?
post #698 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

Which one did you get?

TC-P65ZT60.....
post #699 of 1309
The ZT60 is shipping on May 17th?!
post #700 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

The ZT60 is shipping on May 17th?!

Mine is...

Earliest they had was for the 13th. Picked the 17th since its my day off..
post #701 of 1309
Holy crap, the 13th is just a week from Monday. Wow, i wasn't expecting any units (realistically) until mid-June at the earliest. Congrats. I'll be joining you shortly.smile.gif
post #702 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

Holy crap, the 13th is just a week from Monday. Wow, i wasn't expecting any units (realistically) until mid-June at the earliest. Congrats. I'll be joining you shortly.smile.gif

I cant wait. I was going to get the F8500 but for $200 more it was meh ok...

I'm not sure if the date is correct or not. Hopefully it is =D. EXPECTED date is 17th. Crossing my fingers!
Edited by SodomySquirrel - 5/3/13 at 11:11pm
post #703 of 1309
The MHT I bought mine from says they will be in the warehouse May 15 and will be available for delivery as soon as they arrive. The manager says they won't be in the showroom until June 6. I'm not sure I believe the delivery date though. It would be great if they were available that early but I'll believe it when I see it in my living room.
post #704 of 1309
Back ordered? WTF?
post #705 of 1309
If you guys had to choose between 60 inch ZT60 and 65 inch VT60, what would it be? We don't have 65 inch ZT in europe frown.gif

Is the better blacks worth 5 inch if you only can sit at a maximum 106 inches from the tv, maybe 65 is pushing it?

The european review of ZT was very nice but I look forward to the hdtvshootout next weekend smile.gif
Edited by wesslan1 - 5/4/13 at 8:58am
post #706 of 1309
I don't think anyone can really say. No one has tested the ZT yet to compare to the VT. I have the 65"VT and it is amazing. A shootout is happening next week so wait for that.
post #707 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

I don't think anyone can really say. No one has tested the ZT yet to compare to the VT. I have the 65"VT and it is amazing. A shootout is happening next week so wait for that.

Nice are you running THX cinema and will calibrate later?
post #708 of 1309
Thread Starter 
imo go bigger. Went from a 50" Kuro (best blacks) to a 65" VT50 (good blacks) and I think the size awesomeness more than makes up for the blacks. Saw a 60" next to a 65" the other day and the 60" looked so small to me.
post #709 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post

imo go bigger. Went from a 50" Kuro (best blacks) to a 65" VT50 (good blacks) and I think the size awesomeness more than makes up for the blacks. Saw a 60" next to a 65" the other day and the 60" looked so small to me.

Yeah I have been thinking that also and I'm upgrading from a 50" 8G Kuro so I will get the size and the better blacks smile.gif
post #710 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan1 View Post

If you guys had to choose between 60 inch ZT60 and 65 inch VT60, what would it be? We don't have 65 inch ZT in europe frown.gif

65" ZT60 is available to Europe, just not the UK (60" ZT65).
post #711 of 1309
Ordered a 65ZT60 from MHT yesterday. The delivery date they gave me is 5/16.
post #712 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post

Ordered a 65ZT60 from MHT yesterday. The delivery date they gave me is 5/16.

About how much less than MSRP are they charging? Thanks...if this is not allowed, please pm.
post #713 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamvmax View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post

Ordered a 65ZT60 from MHT yesterday. The delivery date they gave me is 5/16.

About how much less than MSRP are they charging? Thanks...if this is not allowed, please pm.

Zero.
post #714 of 1309
Delete. Double post.
Edited by TWD - 5/4/13 at 9:16pm
post #715 of 1309
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamvmax View Post

About how much less than MSRP are they charging? Thanks...if this is not allowed, please pm.

You're kidding, right? I doubt you'll ever see discounts on the ZT and there are those who think retailers will go all Prius on us and charge a premium above list.
post #716 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamvmax - From another board View Post

Wow! Looks like I'm NOT getting a panny this year..thanks for making my decision.
Quote:
Time to look for a 50 series.

I thought you had written of Panasonic entirely. Oh wait, you were then looking at the VT50. Oh wait, so now you are interested in the ZT again or are you just trolling some more?
post #717 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hitman- View Post

65" ZT60 is available to Europe, just not the UK (60" ZT65).

So Europe will have a 65ZT65 ?? I thought only 60ZT65... ZT65 is EU model and ZT60 is America,
post #718 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hitman- View Post

65" ZT60 is available to Europe, just not the UK (60" ZT65).

Nor Sweden (scandinavia)
post #719 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donloz View Post

So Europe will have a 65ZT65 ?? I thought only 60ZT65... ZT65 is EU model and ZT60 is America,

I read this in a few release bulletins but looking at the euro site currently shows the 60ZT60

http://www.panasonic.net/avc/viera/eu2013_plasma/index.html
post #720 of 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso Moon View Post


I thought you had written of Panasonic entirely. Oh wait, you were then looking at the VT50. Oh wait, so now you are interested in the ZT again or are you just trolling some more?

Threads are filled with people who have no intention of buying the display being discussed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › ZT60 Series, Shipping May 2013, Models/Sizes/List Prices