or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › NOOB question about new speakers and receiver HT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NOOB question about new speakers and receiver HT - Page 2

post #31 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab Liquor View Post

i have everything else, i purchased 16 gauge wire from amazon, already have the wall plates for my hdmi's, and speaker connections, basically the only thing i need is good speakers to have that theater experience, the receiver that he's giving me seems pretty good for $199 price
That is a great price for the receiver. Getting some kind of warranty?
post #32 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

And yes. Hes trying to dump them off on you.

gonna call him tomorrow and rearrange the entire setup , damn salesman, but he's just doing his job, and im a rookie so he's taking advantage of it
post #33 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

That is a great price for the receiver. Getting some kind of warranty?

yea standard warranty through yamaha
post #34 of 162
Youre not running the hdmi through a wall or anything right?
post #35 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab Liquor View Post

yea standard warranty through yamaha
Excellent.
post #36 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Youre not running the hdmi through a wall or anything right?

got a hdmi wall adapter, and going through my ceiling beams to the projector, but not actually in a wall
post #37 of 162
post #38 of 162
Thread Starter 
so bond007, your saying get 4 pioneer bookshelf, 2 floor standing, 1 center, and 2 jbl amps?
post #39 of 162
Thread Starter 
so bond007, your saying get 4 pioneer bookshelf, 2 floor standing, 1 center, and 2 jbl amps?
post #40 of 162
And you need 50 ft?
post #41 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab Liquor View Post

checked the bp8b's the newegg promo is good until the 31st, the guy told me they are actually a older model, unless he's pulling my leg, and trying to dump off the bp6's on me

I think the size of the drivers are the same between the BP6B and BP8B but the BP8B come with the magnesium drivers. Recommended amp is 25 watts higher too. I'm pretty sure they all came out at the same time -- the BP6b, BP8b, and BP10b. The BP20 and BP30 are older than the 'b' ones. They had a lineup of non-b ones before that though.
post #42 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab Liquor View Post

so bond007, your saying get 4 pioneer bookshelf, 2 floor standing, 1 center, and 2 jbl amps?
Yes sir.
post #43 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

And you need 50 ft?

from the measurement i took, i went with 50ft to be safe in case i have to adjust my projector farther back
post #44 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Yes sir.

will that receiver be able to handle 2 subs?
post #45 of 162
post #46 of 162
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1025501&p_id=9172&seq=1&format=2

Forget Mycablemart. This is the cable you need. I had to shop for a minute to find a good one at 50ft. When you go that long it changes things a little.
post #47 of 162
Thread Starter 

those are $10 more per cable at $85.97
post #48 of 162
I have the Martin logan Dynamo 300...and it won't stand a chance in that room! 2, maybe!
post #49 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1025501&p_id=9172&seq=1&format=2

Forget Mycablemart. This is the cable you need. I had to shop for a minute to find a good one at 50ft. When you go that long it changes things a little.

would these be better then the monster cable at $75
post #50 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab Liquor View Post

would these be better then the monster cable at $75

http://www.monsterproducts.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3847
heres the link
post #51 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab Liquor View Post

will that receiver be able to handle 2 subs?
Absolutely. Im will show you.
post #52 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Absolutely. Im will show you.

do you think that the pioneer bookshelf would be better then the def tech bookshelfs as far as clarity goes?
post #53 of 162
fwiw, 2boston acoustics a360's$360 for front 2 boston acoustic a250's$99 ea. for rear accessories4less imo best value for a set of great sounding speakers(go with phantom center for now and pick up another a360 or the bos.acou. a225c$150 for center channel down the road)
denon avr1612 $199 accessories4less
2 polk psw505 subs $380 at newegg
total$1140
post #54 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab Liquor View Post

would these be better then the monster cable at $75
They are both very good cables. You will never be able to tell the difference. The monster is a joke at $150 but at the price you are paying get which ever you are comfy with. Really doesnt matter.
post #55 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

They are both very good cables. You will never be able to tell the difference. The monster is a joke at $150 but at the price you are paying get which ever you are comfy with. Really doesnt matter.

no your right at $150 it really is a joke for a cable, but for $75 i thought it was a good deal for it
post #56 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1025501&p_id=9172&seq=1&format=2

Forget Mycablemart. This is the cable you need. I had to shop for a minute to find a good one at 50ft. When you go that long it changes things a little.

Yep. Need a booster for anything over 25 feet. Longest Monster M cable is 35 feet.

I'm thinking this RedMere chip might be snake oil too. They reduce the wires to 28 or 30 gauge and stick a booster chip on one end of the cable. I wouldn't want anything boosting the signal over what it is supposed to be coming out of the source.
post #57 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevans64 View Post

Yep. Need a booster for anything over 25 feet. Longest Monster M cable is 35 feet.

I'm thinking this RedMere chip might be snake oil too. They reduce the wires to 28 or 30 gauge and stick a booster chip on one end of the cable. I wouldn't want anything boosting the signal over what it is supposed to be coming out of the source.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-1000HD-50-Ultra-High-Speed-Cable/dp/B000UF53HK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1359427906&sr=8-3&keywords=monster+50ft+hdmi+cable

thats the 50ft that im receiving with the deal
post #58 of 162
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DL2OVE/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00

This is what you will need to hook up 2 subs to the 571.
post #59 of 162
That cable will work fine. Lets move on.
post #60 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher50 View Post

fwiw, 2boston acoustics a360's$360 for front 2 boston acoustic a250's$99 ea. for rear accessories4less imo best value for a set of great sounding speakers(go with phantom center for now and pick up another a360 or the bos.acou. a225c$150 for center channel down the road)
denon avr1612 $199 accessories4less
2 polk psw505 subs $380 at newegg
total$1140
505s arent even close to being the sub the jbl are.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › NOOB question about new speakers and receiver HT