or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Live TV and Playback while still Recording Problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Live TV and Playback while still Recording Problems

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Hopefully someone can help...

My recordings work perfectly fine but live tv just shows a blank blue screen and trying to play a show that's still recording gives a corrupt video error. It still records fine.

Anybody experience this before.

Using network ceton tuner but I don't think that's the cause...
post #2 of 9
Have you installed any codec packs? Did you change the default MPEG2 codec from the standard Microsoft provided one?
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Sharks codecs.

Don't think I changed anything on the MPEG settings.
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrcks9901 View Post

Sharks codecs.

Don't think I changed anything on the MPEG settings.

It is easy enough to uninstall the codecs (restoring OS defaults) to ensure that they arent affecting your problem. You dont need them for LiveTV functionality. Is your system 32bit? I ask because it is quite possible some other software installation has installed additional codecs. 'Format Factory' is a well known source of codec issues.
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrcks9901 View Post

Sharks codecs.

Don't think I changed anything on the MPEG settings.

IIRC, the default action or suggested setting on Shark codecs is to disable Media Foundation which will mess up your LiveTV playback on WMC.
post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post

It is easy enough to uninstall the codecs (restoring OS defaults) to ensure that they arent affecting your problem. You dont need them for LiveTV functionality. Is your system 32bit? I ask because it is quite possible some other software installation has installed additional codecs. 'Format Factory' is a well known source of codec issues.

I'll try uninstalling them and see if that fixes the problems. System is 64bit.

I had installed them awhile ago but we've moved since and are planning to move again shortly so I didn't bother setting the AVR up. Will post later tonight with an update.
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Uninstalling sharks codecs fixed livetv but broke .mkv playback. Thoughts?
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

suggested setting on Shark codecs is to disable Media Foundation which will mess up your LiveTV playback on WMC.

I just released new versions of my codecs that when choosing to use the SUGGESTED settings,
It will ask you if you use LiveTV and if you answer YES, it will not disable Media Foundation.
Current releases at the time of this post are 398 for the Windows 7 release, and version 141 for Windows 8 users.

I release directly to MajorGeeks - every other fileserver gets the distributed installer from MajorGeeks.
Edited by Shark007 - 1/29/13 at 5:47pm
post #9 of 9
Thanks ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Live TV and Playback while still Recording Problems