Originally Posted by Manamok
I just had 3 x1 DVR's installed and networked. They replaced 3 older DVR's that I was having all kinds of trouble with. I like the new setup and it's been trouble free so far. I have a couple of questions.
1. Each DVR shows all recorded programming and all scheduled programming - regardless of the source I used to schedule the program. Is this how it's supposed to work?
2 When the install was done I had to designate one of the DVRs as the default DVR. Does anyone know what the functions of the default DVR are?
3. I can record 4 programs at once while watching a fifth. It appears that all the recording is done on the default DVR. When do the other DVR's record?
I appreciate any info.
1. This is the way it works now...
I don't think they intended most customers to only have 1 DVR. Dumb, I know. As of now there is no way to filter what is coming from multiple DVRs.
2. The default DVR is for purposes of the satellite (non-DVR STB's). Say you have a STB in your bedroom and you'd like those recording to record to the DVR in your media room, set it as the default DVR for that box. Et cetera
3. This goes back to question 2 that I think I answered. Hopefully.
If there is still a question hit me up.