or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › OPTOMA HD91 FULL LED DLP full hd 2D 3D Ready end 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OPTOMA HD91 FULL LED DLP full hd 2D 3D Ready end 2013 - Page 8

post #211 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

The only thing I am right about, sure, that is purely attitude. I do know about IRIS's and everything I stated was correct. In fact I might know more about it than some of the programmers that wrote some of this IRIS code from the looks of it.

If LED dimming were as fast as the refresh rate, then it is not a form of a dynamic contrast, and instead they would refer to it as Native contrast. Even if it shows up in the measurement of Native on/off, it wouldn't necessarily indicate that it is THAT FAST, because we cannot measure that fast. So regardless, only if the intrascene contrast is as high in Low APL scenes could it truly be considered comparable in how we use native on/off in traditional non-dimming mechanisms such as how LCOS displays the image.

So even in this case, once you get to a certain speed of how fast you can dim the image, increasing the speed no longer helps (because you'll go out of synch on the curve). Otherwise the effect would make the image flicker. No programming would even be required in this case, because it would just be synch'd to the refresh rate. You can only measure native on/off so fast that you cannot be as fast as the refresh rate itself, so I do not need to research anything, it is you that need to do research before contradicting someone that might know more about it.

Though LED tech typically does have a bit higher native on/off than standard DLP, that technology they were referring to appeared to be a form of Dynamic contrast, separate completely. So then it cannot be that fast, and then in that case you have now corrected me 3 times, and you have been wrong all 3 times, 3 strikes and you are out...

Wow. So now you know more about iris then the people programming them? LOL Why not offer your expertise and make some money?

You really don't know as much as you think you do. No offense. Just because you say something, doesn't mean it's so.

I've been wrong 3 times according to you. If I had to count strikes, you would be banned from playing the game with the amount you have. I would say only 50% (generous) of what you say is accurate, and with the amount you like to say, thats ALOT of strikes. wink.gif
post #212 of 1158
The programming on some of the bad IRIS's is very poor, so it doesn't take much, and yes I've written something before which was the same technique as IRIS programming. It's not because I say it, it's because I've experienced it first hand. You are just aiming low and cheap shotting now.

Only 50% of what I say, if you say so... Some of this stuff is subjective, so one man's right answer is another man's wrong.

The truth is none of these dynamic contrast techniques work all that well, they are ok, but kind of gimmicky, even when done correctly. Often is the case we can notice them on pure black work well, but then when you add images to that black they don't do much (or they do too much). Rarely does it actually work right, and when it does work "correctly", it's usually because it's not having as much effect to the picture as people think it is.

Everyone should just buy JVC's and throw all the other projectors in the trash (only kidding)...
Edited by coderguy - 8/14/13 at 8:08am
post #213 of 1158
Back to the HD90/91, then.

Any more news?

Berlin at the start of September, I presume. Hope we get a price then.

Steve W
post #214 of 1158
is it actually estimated at 36,000 hours?
post #215 of 1158
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecker View Post

Back to the HD90/91, then.

Any more news?

Berlin at the start of September, I presume. Hope we get a price then.

Steve W

I'm hoping to see it once again in action in his final version in a couple of days at IFA Show.
post #216 of 1158
This page:
http://detail.zol.com.cn/projector/index360655.shtml
http://detail.zol.com.cn/361/360655/param.shtml

Says coming soon and "price negotiable",.. anyone here speak Han? ask for a ballpark figure smile.gif

Its too bad this thing has such limited connectivity options. But oh well, as long as the image quality is ok. Ill have to make due without HDBase-T and not even Ethernet support.
post #217 of 1158
Thread Starter 
They won't be any demonstration of the HD91 in Berlin. mad.gif The projector will only be there to show how it looks like, but that's all.
post #218 of 1158
Kraine,

Could you please check if any of the new 1080p DLP projectors have HDMI 2.0 or DVI or Display Port? Thanks.

Tired of not having the ****ing option to play my PC games at 1080p in 3D because of the BS HDMI 1.4 standard.
post #219 of 1158
Thread Starter 
I already have the answer. wink.gif
post #220 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine View Post

They won't be any demonstration of the HD91 in Berlin. mad.gif The projector will only be there to show how it looks like, but that's all.

Is this an indication that its still not ready to go?
post #221 of 1158
if they can't demo it, that's seems like a pretty solid indication the hardware isn't cooked. That's a bummer, I was looking forward to hearing about this one in particular.
post #222 of 1158
Thread Starter 
They aren't able to demo it because the Optoma Booth is too small.
post #223 of 1158
Ask for separate/private demo somewhere else? smile.gif
post #224 of 1158
Thread Starter 
I have already had a demo of the HD91 at the ISE Show in Amsterdam. For Berlin the answer is no for another demo. frown.gif
post #225 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan48 View Post

Kraine,

Could you please check if any of the new 1080p DLP projectors have HDMI 2.0 or DVI or Display Port? Thanks.

Tired of not having the ****ing option to play my PC games at 1080p in 3D because of the BS HDMI 1.4 standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine View Post

I already have the answer. wink.gif

Can you elaborate?

Are you implying that we'll be seing an affordable 1920x1080@120HZ projector soon?

The current selection is out of my price range at 15K and up.

Can you verify if the HD 91 will be able to show just a right or left stereoscopic image, so it could be used in a Dual Passive setup without the need for a demultiplexer?
post #226 of 1158
Thread Starter 
It's easy to understand, why Optoma isn't going to demonstrate the HD91 in his tinny booth at IFA this year :

post #227 of 1158
Kraine, thanks for the updates.

To be honest, whilst I'm watching this like a hawk, I'm not expecting or even wanting to see it released immediately - I need to do a bit more saving up first anyway.

What I'm really looking for is a price in GB£.

Any idea if they'll give us that in Berlin this week?

Steve W
post #228 of 1158
HDMI 2.0 officially announced: 18Gbps bandwidth, 60fps 4K, 32 channel audio

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/04/hdmi-2-0-official-4k-60fps-32-channel-audio/

Please, tell me that the Optoma HD 91 is going to support this and it's the reason why they held up the release date!
post #229 of 1158
Why would you need any of the new features in a 1080p projector?
post #230 of 1158
umm.... stereoscopic gaming
post #231 of 1158
Oh ok my bad. I dont know anything about that.
post #232 of 1158
You don't know how annoying it is to own 2 3D 1080p projectors and not be able to game in 1080p stereo. Finally I can do a 3D vision surround projector setup:D
post #233 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrash View Post

umm.... stereoscopic gaming

The panasonic rz470 can do 1080p@60 in 3D today
post #234 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryW View Post

The panasonic rz470 can do 1080p@60 in 3D today

Thanks.

I was gonna call BS on this but after some research I see it has a DVI input!!

Have your tried or do you know anyone who has used Nvidia 3D vision with this projector? Did they achieve 1080p 60hz 3D for gaming?

If this is true, you made my day and I gotta order one ASAP. What should I expect to pay for this unit from somewhere like AVS?
post #235 of 1158
I tried that Panasonic unit and hated it. My buddy came over and thought it looked like a 5 year old 720p unit. If its only for gaming and image fidelity doesn't matter, then have at it... but I didnt like it at all. And I REALLY wanted it to work for me, given the stable lamp, DLP, etc.

See the thread for my mini review.

AVS can special order one for you around $3700 or so if you must have it.
post #236 of 1158
post #237 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryW View Post

The panasonic rz470 can do 1080p@60 in 3D today

I'm looking for 120Hz/60 per eye, not 60Hz/30 per eye.

According to the Panasonic website the RZ470 has a maximum pixel clock of 162MHz for both HDMI and DVI.

Around 285MHz is needed for 120Hz.

http://www.panasonic.net/avc/projector/products/rz470/specifications.html
post #238 of 1158
http://www.optoma.co.uk/HD91soon.aspx

thanks for the link, I'm excited about this projector. just being DLP it's going to have flawless 3D performance with no crosstalk or flicker. Optoma gets kudos for skipping DLP link and offering the 3 Pin VESA port for the RF transmitter.

DLP Link hurts contrast and glasses sync can always be a challenge. I'm hoping BQ offers a different option this year for the upcoming 7500 but I doubt it since they seem to be married to DLP Link.

The curiosity will be if it's bright enough in 3D. The expensive Runco 750 LED (and clones) were never updated to support 3D so the Optoma is in a category of all it's own.
post #239 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrash View Post

I'm looking for 120Hz/60 per eye, not 60Hz/30 per eye.

According to the Panasonic website the RZ470 has a maximum pixel clock of 162MHz for both HDMI and DVI.

Around 285MHz is needed for 120Hz.

http://www.panasonic.net/avc/projector/products/rz470/specifications.html

You seem to be looking for the same thing I am.......Please PM me if you find it biggrin.gif

I will most likely get the 500es if the price is right which has HDMI 2.0 (and hopefully should do 1080p 60hz each eye) but I KNOW only DLP would really give me a flicker free, ghost free image. May still run dual PJ setup.
post #240 of 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

http://www.optoma.co.uk/HD91soon.aspx

thanks for the link, I'm excited about this projector. just being DLP it's going to have flawless 3D performance with no crosstalk or flicker. Optoma gets kudos for skipping DLP link and offering the 3 Pin VESA port for the RF transmitter.

DLP Link hurts contrast and glasses sync can always be a challenge. I'm hoping BQ offers a different option this year for the upcoming 7500 but I doubt it since they seem to be married to DLP Link.

The curiosity will be if it's bright enough in 3D. The expensive Runco 750 LED (and clones) were never updated to support 3D so the Optoma is in a category of all it's own.

Damn, only 1.4a inputs mad.gif Guess it's no go for me. Maybe the next generation....If it's coming late 2013, I wonder why no HDMI 2.0?

Anyone think that maybe a lot of projectors that are launching in the fall will be upgraded from 1.4a to 2.0?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › OPTOMA HD91 FULL LED DLP full hd 2D 3D Ready end 2013