or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › OPTOMA HD25 HD25LV new budget 2D 3D DLP FULL projector
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OPTOMA HD25 HD25LV new budget 2D 3D DLP FULL projector - Page 3

post #61 of 549
There will always a better Pj in the near future , ha, every four months or so it seems.
post #62 of 549
Thanks Kraine for your review.

I am a proud owner of this projector for two weeks, replacing my two years old HD20.
I dont know anything about calibration so I am using the values you posted as they turned to be quite good.
I have one question, do you sugest to do any changes in the setup for 3D movies? I am using the same and it feels good to me, but I am not an expert at all.

Thanks.
post #63 of 549
Hi Kraine,

Are they sending you an HD25LV sample to review also? Do both models come out at the same time?


Thanks
post #64 of 549
Thread Starter 
post #65 of 549
lol great another one to consider ^_^ would this be considered a model above or below the HD25?
post #66 of 549
Thread Starter 
It's the same but at lower price and in black wink.gif
post #67 of 549
Will this be better than the HD33?
post #68 of 549
man I may consider this over the w1070 then since RF tech for the 3d glasses is just so nice... might have to build a hush box though lol if the fan is as bad as it sounds... or umm typed... lol
post #69 of 549
Quote:

Start another thread please so we may pick your brain. smile.gif
post #70 of 549
Only if they add lenshift to these budget projectors. That would be icing on the cake.
post #71 of 549
How many Lumens did you measure the HD25 after calibration in best mode? Did it come close to the listed claim of 2000 Lumens in brightest mode out of the box? I ask because other Optoma models didn't come close to the manufacturer claimed Lumen output.

If this projector is as bright as the W1070 after calibration (the W1070 loses a miniscule amount of Lumen output after cal) then this HD25 will be a consideration. If not, then it's off my list. Considering how off the color of Blue was out of the box, I'm guessing that it loses a fair bit of Lumens after cal.

Any word on the availability for the HD25LV?

Do you review Acer models, and if so, will you be getting the H6510BD?

Lastly, what are the chances that the H131X will be available in the US? Hate that more projectors don't come in black lol.

Thanks for your time Kraine and your info and reviews.
post #72 of 549
Will other RF glasses work with this projector such as the samsung glasses?
post #73 of 549
Hi Kraine,
thanks for all the efforts you have been doing.
could you please point out the main different between hd25 and hd131?
thanks again
post #74 of 549
Thread Starter 
Yes !

There only 2, the price and the color wink.gif
post #75 of 549
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post

Will other RF glasses work with this projector such as the samsung glasses?

I have tried with the JVC RF Glasses without any success
post #76 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine View Post

Yes !

There only 2, the price and the color wink.gif
thanks
this is why I'm asking,unless I'm missing something,both are identical.
the color doesn't justify 250 euros difference in the price?
post #77 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dprojector View Post

thanks
this is why I'm asking,unless I'm missing something,both are identical.
the color doesn't justify 250 euros difference in the price?

dont question it just enjoy the lower price, you question it you break the good vibe and then they go raising the prices lol
post #78 of 549

Just ordered mine from amazon,uk    but out of stock at the moment.....will ship to USA

post #79 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanab View Post

Just ordered mine from amazon,uk    but out of stock at the moment.....will ship to USA

link?
post #80 of 549
post #81 of 549
post #82 of 549
post #83 of 549

but do they ship to the USA ?  My google translate doesn't work to good on that page....

post #84 of 549
I have to wait for the reviews to see if its worth the extra green compared to the sale price of $899 for the BenQ
post #85 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanab View Post

but do they ship to the USA ?  My google translate doesn't work to good on that page....

yes,some do ship
I placed my order yesterday, hopefully will get tracking by Monday/Tuesday.
just asked them to send me a Paypal money request,including shipping,excluding vat=730 euros
post #86 of 549
Based on Kraine's HD25 and 1070 reviews...looks like the BenQ is much brighter (600 lumens) after calibration. Neither had 3D lumens measured but I'd assume 1070 would come out at least equal or possibly higher than the HD25. HD25 even noisier. 1070 much cheaper I think Optoma is gonna have to match the price in the USA. Only advantage I see for the HD25 is in 3D presentation. My guess the advantages Kraine saw in testing the HD25 in 3D is mostly due to RF glasses (vs DLP link flash) and not tech specs/processing of the projector itself.
post #87 of 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post

Based on Kraine's HD25 and 1070 reviews...looks like the BenQ is much brighter (600 lumens) after calibration. Neither had 3D lumens measured but I'd assume 1070 would come out at least equal or possibly higher than the HD25. HD25 even noisier. 1070 much cheaper I think Optoma is gonna have to match the price in the USA. Only advantage I see for the HD25 is in 3D presentation. My guess the advantages Kraine saw in testing the HD25 in 3D is mostly due to RF glasses (vs DLP link flash) and not tech specs/processing of the projector itself.

exactly it comes down to how much more important is it to have RF verses DLP Link
post #88 of 549
I've noticed a few members ask about the HD33 performance to this newer model but received no replies. So are there any improvements in sharpness, contrast, etc etc? Or is it much of a muchness?
post #89 of 549
Kraine's review on W1070 3D is not very accurate. He used one of the worst 3D DLP glasses on W1070, which affect color and contrast. Zombie said W7000 3D is as good as HW50 3D in depth and pop. He uses better DLP glasses with calibration.
post #90 of 549
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishari84 View Post

Kraine's review on W1070 3D is not very accurate. He used one of the worst 3D DLP glasses on W1070, which affect color and contrast. Zombie said W7000 3D is as good as HW50 3D in depth and pop. He uses better DLP glasses with calibration.

I love this comment biggrin.gif My review of the 3D on the W1070 isn't good because I haven't found the same result that somebody else as found on the W7000 ? tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › OPTOMA HD25 HD25LV new budget 2D 3D DLP FULL projector