or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › HTPC Gaming › PC GAMES thread - whatcha playin'? [NO SPOILERS UNLESS TAGGED]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC GAMES thread - whatcha playin'? [NO SPOILERS UNLESS TAGGED] - Page 26

post #751 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwing View Post


Splinter Cell: Blacklist is badass. The single player campaign is really good (character models and voice acting is like a feature movie - Grim is sooo hot), and the co-op is a blast. The co-op is very similar to Splinter Cell: Vegas, which was awesome for co-op. The big difference is that Vegas was first person until you went into cover, where as Blacklist is 3rd person all the time. I prefer the Vegas combo of 1st and 3rd.

 

I thought it was alright, most of the side missions drove me crazy though.  I got just SC:B with my GTX 760, then I sold that and got a GTX 770, which came with AC4, SC:B and batman...so I've got zero use for a second copy of SC.

post #752 of 796
Yeah all the side missions are the co-op mission. You can play them alone if you want, but they aren't nearly as fun.
post #753 of 796
I'm about 9 hours into Bioshock Infinite. Holy crap! I normally despise fps games, but I just can't stop playing this game. The storyline is phenomenal and the game mechanics are super intuitive, especially with the 360 controller. Someone posted somewhere that they were in love with Elizabeth. I laughed. Then I played the game and, man, she is something special. I know most people have already played this, but wow it really is awesome.
post #754 of 796
Keep you dirty paws off my Elizabeth.

I still need to play the expansions for Bioshock Infinite. Clash in the clouds and Burial at Sea. I keep getting sidetracked by the new consoles.
post #755 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

I'm about 9 hours into Bioshock Infinite. Holy crap! I normally despise fps games, but I just can't stop playing this game. The storyline is phenomenal and the game mechanics are super intuitive, especially with the 360 controller. Someone posted somewhere that they were in love with Elizabeth. I laughed. Then I played the game and, man, she is something special. I know most people have already played this, but wow it really is awesome.

Try to avoid any spoilers, it's truly a great game from a storytelling perspective, it along with GTA V were game of the year for me in 2013.
post #756 of 796
Quote:
Try to avoid any spoilers, it's truly a great game from a storytelling perspective, it along with GTA V were game of the year for me in 2013.

No disrespect, but I see no spoilers in my post. At all.
post #757 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

No disrespect, but I see no spoilers in my post. At all.

Bioshock Infinite is a FPS? Son of a birch it's ruined!
post #758 of 796
Quote:
Bioshock Infinite is a FPS? Son of a birch it's ruined!

Oh, snap! Sorry.
post #759 of 796
http://www.humblebundle.com/

This might be the best humble bundle to date. Too bad I own everything already.

I've paid more for some of those games on a steam sale, and they're still in my backlog...I really gotta stop buying indie games when they first come out.
post #760 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

http://www.humblebundle.com/

This might be the best humble bundle to date. Too bad I own everything already.

I've paid more for some of those games on a steam sale, and they're still in my backlog...I really gotta stop buying indie games when they first come out.

Good deals there for sure. I'm on a "no purchase until I finish something" plan but that didn't stop me from getting The Bureau.
post #761 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

No disrespect, but I see no spoilers in my post. At all.
I'm talking about YOU avoiding spoilers until you finish it. Not you spoiling it for anyone else. tongue.gif
Edited by Kenshiro 26 - 2/18/14 at 2:21pm
post #762 of 796
Quote:
I'm talking about YOU avoiding spoilers until you finish it. Not you spoilering it for anyone else.

Haha, ok. Yes, I'm glad I didn't read anything about the game before playing it. It does a real mind job on you all the way through.
post #763 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

http://www.humblebundle.com/

This might be the best humble bundle to date. Too bad I own everything already.

I've paid more for some of those games on a steam sale, and they're still in my backlog...I really gotta stop buying indie games when they first come out.

Also considering this one. I already have Dust from GOG.com (also, I highly recommend that one!) but Antichamber and Giana Sisters look intriguing. Plus the Dust OST. But I have such a backlog already, not like I need them.
post #764 of 796
Thread Starter 
Strider.

OH WAIT, no... I'm not playing Strider because the freakin' thing won't go into full-screen mode on my system. I refuse to play in a window. mad.gif

There's a thread full of people having this problem on Steam - I hope it gets patched soon. The demo on PS4 is pretty cool!
post #765 of 796
Took almost an hour but finally Lost and the Damned is running. I heard there was going to be a SOA game, playing this WOW could one be fun to play!
post #766 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Strider.

OH WAIT, no... I'm not playing Strider because the freakin' thing won't go into full-screen mode on my system. I refuse to play in a window. mad.gif

There's a thread full of people having this problem on Steam - I hope it gets patched soon. The demo on PS4 is pretty cool!

Same issue here. :-(. Any news of a work-a-round?
post #767 of 796
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post

Same issue here. :-(. Any news of a work-a-round?

Yeah, following solution worked for me - trying to play it at native 1080p 60hz on a TV with Nvidia GTX670 (x2 in SLI). YMMV:

-Close Strider while in windowed mode, 720p should be fine.*
-Go into Nvidia's control panel and under Change Resolution, click Customize.
-Click Create Custom Resolution, and change the first option 1920 to 1916, click test, the screen will black out, and then click yes to create this 1916 x 1080 progressive 60Hz resolution.

That's it - I didn't have to apply that resolution to the desktop or even have the game run in it, it just has to be available on my system. Once this resolution is available, I could run Strider, switch to full screen, and change the game's resolution to 1920x1080.

*if you are stuck in full-screen with a black screen, maybe the mouse cursor and can hear the menu in the background but can't get the option to switch back to windowed, force quit the game, search for a file called vars_pc.cfg (should be Steam/userdata, search for 235210, and in a folder called local) and change video_fullscreen=true to false.

Good luck!
Edited by DaverJ - 2/22/14 at 9:05am
post #768 of 796
I run a 30" Dell. Any other tips?
post #769 of 796
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post

I run a 30" Dell. Any other tips?

Try changing your refresh rate to 59Hz. Worked for some people.

If that doesn't work, try going into adjust desktop size and position and select No scaling.

Beyond that, dunno. The Steam forums might have some other solutions.
post #770 of 796
Down to the last Badass in Crysis 3. This game has been a huge blast! And a splash of pure adrenaline to boot. Hate to see it end. Over the past 3 months I've played Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Crysis 3 on PC. I've had to alternately jump back over to Kingdoms of Amalur-Reckoning on the Xbox 360. I'm still slogging it out until the end on that one. I'm so patient with Amalur because it is a Beast of a game that I enjoy while playing it. Beautiful graphics....interesting story...compelling gameplay. But alas...it is long, tedious and hard to sustain regular play. I gotta finish it this time though. So I can start on Skyrim on PC and Darksiders 2 on Xbox 360. I like to mix them up that way. Long RPG, action games on PC. Balanced with change of pace, faster paced stuff on console. I actually had it all reversed with Amalur on Xbox 360. Basically I love playing any type game on PC. And I have a bunch of new unopened Xbox 360 games that I will get through. Before even considering a new console. I also have to factor in Far Cry 3 and Far Cry Blood Dragon in the mix soon. I started Far Cry 3. But it lost in competition for my interest to the aforementioned PC Gems. I can't put my finger on it...but something seems to be slightly lacking for me with FC3 (so far). It has not hooked me into the story yet like the others.
post #771 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

Down to the last Badass in Crysis 3. This game has been a huge blast! And a splash of pure adrenaline to boot. Hate to see it end. Over the past 3 months I've played Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Crysis 3 on PC. I've had to alternately jump back over to Kingdoms of Amalur-Reckoning on the Xbox 360. I'm still slogging it out until the end on that one. I'm so patient with Amalur because it is a Beast of a game that I enjoy while playing it. Beautiful graphics....interesting story...compelling gameplay. But alas...it is long, tedious and hard to sustain regular play. I gotta finish it this time though. So I can start on Skyrim on PC and Darksiders 2 on Xbox 360. I like to mix them up that way. Long RPG, action games on PC. Balanced with change of pace, faster paced stuff on console. I actually had it all reversed with Amalur on Xbox 360. Basically I love playing any type game on PC. And I have a bunch of new unopened Xbox 360 games that I will get through. Before even considering a new console. I also have to factor in Far Cry 3 and Far Cry Blood Dragon in the mix soon. I started Far Cry 3. But it lost in competition for my interest to the aforementioned PC Gems. I can't put my finger on it...but something seems to be slightly lacking for me with FC3 (so far). It has not hooked me into the story yet like the others.

Crysis 2 and 3 seem to be under rated but I think 2 was just fun to play from a mechanics standpoint. I haven't played 3 yet.
post #772 of 796
Thread Starter 
Yep - I don't know why Crysis 2 and 3 has the "pretty but no substance" stigma, because I think both have fantastic gameplay. Probably people wanting more from multi-player, which I don't play. Cry2 is one of my favorite single-player FPS, but 3 is pretty great too.

Might be time for another play-through of C3.
post #773 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Yep - I don't know why Crysis 2 and 3 has the "pretty but no substance" stigma, because I think both have fantastic gameplay. Probably people wanting more from multi-player, which I don't play. Cry2 is one of my favorite single-player FPS, but 3 is pretty great too.

Might be time for another play-through of C3.

Multiplayer? What's that? smile.gif
post #774 of 796
No Biology lab for me tomorrow, so I get to play South Park woo! Cannot wait. means I need to finish Thief today
post #775 of 796
Finished off Crysis 3 tonight. I had a blast with this game. I totally enjoyed it. Until I got to that unbelievable "Credits" crawl at the end. That sucker is criminally long and boring. It felt like 1 hour even though I'm sure it was less. And the reward at its merciful ending was completely underwhelming. It in fact sort of made me angry I had wasted so much time indulging it. Is it really legally necessary to credit even the unborn kids or pets of everyone involved in the project?!...kidding of course. But it sure seemed excessive to me. Kinda ruined my happy party. But in all seriousness...the game itself was a thing of beauty for me. Awesome graphics at Max settings. I only had one crash...early in the game. After overclocking with the "G" (Game) setting it was smooth as silk for the remainder of the game. I used the Xbox 360 Controller. And it was definitely a huge plus. Definitely a revisit is in order at a more difficult level once I finish off a few others. Next up is...Back to KOA-Reckoning on Xbox 360. And if I get bored with it before finishing...I'll jump back over to Far Cry 3. And really give it a commited session this time.
post #776 of 796
Just finished Trine 2. What pure eye candy that game is! Now I'm working on Sleeping dogs with the HD texture pack. That game also looks pretty sweet and it's tons of fun - the quests are really varied and interesting.
post #777 of 796
Picked up Darksiders 2 last year but only played a couple of hours and despite some camera issues it's fun. I've put about 10 hours in this weekend while being Mr. Mom and nurse to the wife.
post #778 of 796
hey barrelbelly , you're right about that extra LONG ending credits list... wow...
I sat through about 1/4 of it thinking there'd be some kind of bonus at the end.
I left and came back to it over and over , and it was still scrolling ,

Must of had to pay someone thousands of bucks to organize that list smile.gif
good game though,

As far as Darksiders II , I got it , played it for about 1 hr and deleted it...
just couldn't get past the controls on the keyboard/mouse...
post #779 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNc View Post

hey barrelbelly , you're right about that extra LONG ending credits list... wow...
I sat through about 1/4 of it thinking there'd be some kind of bonus at the end.
I left and came back to it over and over , and it was still scrolling ,

Must of had to pay someone thousands of bucks to organize that list smile.gif
good game though,

As far as Darksiders II , I got it , played it for about 1 hr and deleted it...
just couldn't get past the controls on the keyboard/mouse...

There was a 30 second nugget tossed in after the credit scrawl from Hell. But it was anti climatic IMO. Because the scrawl had made my joy for finishing the game into mildly Pissed off. I regret I can't give the 30 second teaser to you. Because it is a definite spoiler. So you'll need to grab a bucket of popcorn...drink a few beers...and slog through it. Or just dial up the PC ending on this site and enjoy. wink.gif It's the Goldenchild731 HD video

http://www.gameanyone.com/PC/Crysis_3_(Hunter_Edition).html

I have Darksiders 2 for Xbox 360. I vastly prefer playing it with a controller.
post #780 of 796
When I've recorded my playthroughs of games for YouTube, I've left the credits in in the final video to give credit to all the folks involved, but good lord was the Crysis 3 roll long...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HTPC Gaming
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › HTPC Gaming › PC GAMES thread - whatcha playin'? [NO SPOILERS UNLESS TAGGED]