Originally Posted by Barbarian887
So I was curious, how can a DAC become damaged?
(Aside from obvious things like a power surge frying it)
(1) Plug in the wrong wall wart, a 28 volt one for a printer instead of the 5 volt one that it is supposed to be used with.
(2) Fry the coax input buffer with a massive static charge, near lightening hit, bad grounding problem.
(3) Fry the output buffers using the same methods as (2).
(4) Soak it with Coca Cola or other carbonated, sugared soft drink.
(5) Drop it into sea water while operating.
(6) Drop it off the top of a tall step ladder onto a concrete floor.
(7) Run it over with a fork lift truck
(8) Actually believe an audiophile subjective report about the latest model killobuck DAC - destroys its sound quality as well as (1) - (7)