So over the week I finished up the bracing for both subs.
I also installed some t-nuts for the rubber feet that will get put on later. I glued them in using hot glue, my favorite glue BTW, I've even assembled am entire enclosure using only hot melt glue
I will use Teflon on the bolts for an air tight seal.
I also made the cutouts for the terminals. They are going to be dual binding post terminal cups so the coil wiring configuration can be switched just by moving the jumpers around.
Yesterday I got around to putting some dampening material in. These huge boxes almost used up the rest of my denim. I placed it around the middle of the enclosure vs. the walls as that is where it should be most effective at killing any unwanted midrange resonances/harmonics.
Then I glued on the last panels, and finished up for that day.
I also found someone else who likes them.
I had to install some doors at my grandmother’s today so half the day was used up doing that but I did manage to flush trim and apply some filler in a few spots that needed it.
I'll have to see if I can get to the first coat of duratex tomorrow.