or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › The BMS group buy thread!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The BMS group buy thread!!! - Page 9

post #241 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhl View Post

Is the 18N862 available in 4 ohm?

Frode

Yes it is available in 4 ohm.

Two other things that come to mind about BMS products.
The mounting on the speakers is slightly different than most speakers. If you are going to buy a cone to replace another cone, check the diameter of the mounting holes, and also the hole it mounts in.
BMS diaphragms are not interchangeable from 8 to 16 ohms.
The gaps are slightly different. So if you have an 8 ohm driver, you cannot put in a 16 ohm diaphragm. And vice versa. I think that physically they will fit, but will not perform optimally.

Regards, Jack
post #242 of 492
Thread Starter 
Tomorrow is it guys, get your orders in to Jack!
post #243 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1 View Post

Tomorrow is it guys, get your orders in to Jack!

Hi Jake,
I would like to keep it open until Monday. I am going to be out of the office until Monday. So I would like to finish up Monday, and put in the PO Monday night.
It won't cost us any time. The factory work orders go in on Wednesday.

Regards, Jack
post #244 of 492
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Arnott View Post

Hi Jake,
I would like to keep it open until Monday. I am going to be out of the office until Monday. So I would like to finish up Monday, and put in the PO Monday night.
It won't cost us any time. The factory work orders go in on Wednesday.

Regards, Jack

Sounds good Jack! That will giv guys a coupl of extra days to make decisions too
post #245 of 492
Is there anyone who is using a BMS 4593/4594 and pairing it with something other than a SEOS-24?
post #246 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmithers View Post

Is there anyone who is using a BMS 4593/4594 and pairing it with something other than a SEOS-24?

I'll be using the 4594 with the XR1464 horn similar to the Noesis speakers but with a pair of TD10x's. I'll be toying with either MTM or TMM layouts to see the differences. Jack recommended the TMM layout.
post #247 of 492
Thread Starter 
Last day guys, get those last minute orders in to Jack. Just to be sure that everyone knows this, we have gone over the threshold for maximum discounting, so buy away biggrin.gif
post #248 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post

I sent them an email earlier today asking when they would ship. I was hoping they would have shipped on Monday, but I don't think that happened.

So where are we with the pallet out of Poland? I know the pair of SEOS-24 via UPS or DHL never happened.... but is the pallet itself filled up and shipped on its way yet? Status update on where we are with that, please? Thanks!
post #249 of 492
Could you PM me a price list please? Let's see if I can work some magic.

thanks

James
post #250 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheaterdoc View Post

So where are we with the pallet out of Poland? I know the pair of SEOS-24 via UPS or DHL never happened.... but is the pallet itself filled up and shipped on its way yet? Status update on where we are with that, please? Thanks!
Autotech has been dragging it's ass. I was waiting on some word from them too before jumping on this GB, it looks like I may have to pass.
post #251 of 492
Hello Everybody,
The order is all in stock, with the exception of four of the 18n862.
Those will be ready to ship in 4-5 weeks.

Do you want to have it shipped now without those? And have those come on a later shipment to me?
Or wait until the order is complete, and all ship together?

Regards, Jack
post #252 of 492
Thread Starter 
Jack, I would say ship all that is in stock now. There is now reason for everyone ot wait for their in stock items becuse of that. Thanks
post #253 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1 View Post

Jack, I would say ship all that is in stock now. There is now reason for everyone ot wait for their in stock items becuse of that. Thanks

I agree!
post #254 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by madlim View Post

I agree!
I concur!!!
post #255 of 492
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by madlim View Post

I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsloms View Post

I concur!!!

Seemed like a silly question right?? biggrin.gif
post #256 of 492
So what did everyone get and what are the plans? I snagged a pair of 4550's to use with SEOS-15's and TD15Ms. I resisted buying a bunch of different drivers including the coax's.
post #257 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1 View Post


Seemed like a silly question right?? biggrin.gif

It stinks for the person that ordered the 18n862s. But I agree that the entire group shouldn't be held up for just those woofers. I assume Jack will have another order before too awful long (maybe around the same time as these woofers will be built) that can allow them to arrive asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coctostan View Post

So what did everyone get and what are the plans? I snagged a pair of 4550's to use with SEOS-15's and TD15Ms. I resisted buying a bunch of different drivers including the coax's.

1 pair of 4595ND, 1 pair of 4592ND, and 7 4550s.... all 16ohm versions.

The coaxials are for trial and error in the big horn project. 2 of the 4550s are for a friend. 3 of them will be in an LCR project (SEOS12 plastic over dual AE TD6H woofers). The final two will be surround speakers on EOS8 or EOS6 on top of a single AE TD6M woofer.... the surrounds I'm using the pre-made 0.75 cu. ft gloss black PE boxes and beefing them up (faster construction time overall and better finish quality than me building them myself).... those boxes arrived yesterday along with some more binding posts and anodized black metal binding post plates... very nice looking plates, I must say, for only a couple bucks... ... I'd also forgotten how nice those PE boxes are for the price I get them for... definitely need some work to reduce their resonances, but I know I couldn't build them and finish them as well myself for that kind of price... definitely wouldn't get my local cabinet guys to build them for that price... it's too bad they don't expand the lineup to include a box wide enough to do SEOS12 based speakers smile.gif
post #258 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by coctostan View Post

So what did everyone get and what are the plans? I snagged a pair of 4550's to use with SEOS-15's and TD15Ms. I resisted buying a bunch of different drivers including the coax's.

I plan on comparing the 4550 to the DNA-360 in my SEOS-12/TD12x build. The winner stays in my mains.

For a true comparison, I'll need to wait for a crossover to be built for the 12s specifically, or test actively with a minidsp that I'll be ordering.
post #259 of 492
I just got a pair of 4594's and the XO's for them. I plan on using them in the XR1464 horns mated in either a TMM or MTM format with a pair of AE TD10x's for each speaker.
post #260 of 492
Is anyone getting a 4593ND?

I believe that's what I have in my speakers and I'm curious what others impressions will be when they get their build done. I've been following this thread off and on and haven't seen anyone mention that they are buying that CD but I could have missed it. However, is there much of a difference between some of these CD's anyway? Which one is the 4593ND most similar too?
post #261 of 492
It seems that the 4593 is the cheaper version of the 4594 (both are 1.4" exit neo mag coax CDs). It looks like it is what is in the JTR Noesis 3-ways (unconfirmed but from pics I saw it definitely looked like it).

The specific differences between the two are hard to tell. It would probably need to be measured to know for sure.
post #262 of 492
Thread Starter 
Got myself 9 of the 4594s, 16ohm, to run in mains, both sets of side surrounds and the rears. Can't wait til they show up!!
post #263 of 492
I got 4 x 4550 16ohm to pair with the SEOS 12 & TD12M. I plan on putting them in Erich's 2.0 flatpacks with the 3 circular port design to use as surrounds/rears with my T12's. I do not even know what to expect until they are finished. biggrin.gif
Chris
post #264 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Arnott View Post

Hello Everybody,
The order is all in stock, with the exception of four of the 18n862.
Those will be ready to ship in 4-5 weeks.

Do you want to have it shipped now without those? And have those come on a later shipment to me?
Or wait until the order is complete, and all ship together?

Regards, Jack

So what was the decision? Did you decide to wait or is it all coming now except for the 18 inchers? Depending on size of order, has anything changed on timelines? is it coming air freight? Container ship freight?
post #265 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheaterdoc View Post

So what was the decision? Did you decide to wait or is it all coming now except for the 18 inchers? Depending on size of order, has anything changed on timelines? is it coming air freight? Container ship freight?

It looks like we figured to ship all parts immediately with the exception of the 18's.

Jack, I'm not in a rush for the parts by any means but is there an ETA when parts should start to arrive?
post #266 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by coctostan View Post

So what did everyone get and what are the plans? I snagged a pair of 4550's to use with SEOS-15's and TD15Ms. I resisted buying a bunch of different drivers including the coax's.
I did the same and are building the same!
post #267 of 492
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsloms View Post

It looks like we figured to ship all parts immediately with the exception of the 18's.

Jack, I'm not in a rush for the parts by any means but is there an ETA when parts should start to arrive?

He said it should be like 3-4 weeks. I am not in a big rush either, but am at the same time. They have lots of my $$, so as soon as we can have them, great
post #268 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1 View Post

He said it should be like 3-4 weeks. I am not in a big rush either, but am at the same time. They have lots of my $$, so as soon as we can have them, great

Speak for yourself. Some of us are expecting those to be beamed over here for immediate installation. biggrin.gif
post #269 of 492
It will cost about $140 more the 18" speakers to get shipped from me, than from Erich.

As such, at this point I am waiting for the entire order to be filled, and all shipped at the same time.
post #270 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Arnott View Post

It will cost about $140 more the 18" speakers to get shipped from me, than from Erich.

As such, at this point I am waiting for the entire order to be filled, and all shipped at the same time.

why not just ship them directly to him from you ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › The BMS group buy thread!!!