Originally Posted by Hindikush
Everyone jumped to post as soon as Jack said he was waiting to ship until the 18's arrived.
I waited to see If a solution arose, 1 has not , so I posted the very first thing that came to mind. "I'll pitch In to help the community out". Jake, Erich Jack & many more have done their part, I have no problem pitching In to see this through.
A bigger problem is that I don't have any pending orders, so in these cases I usually wait until I need enough merch for a whole order.
So stepping over the pennies, means that I would put in an order for 20K worth of stuff, just to get the four speakers here.
So I would be willing to pick up half of the $140, if the community wants to pick up the rest. But I wouldn't have a definitive timeline on when that would be.
In a normal situation, the speaker company would either decide to expedite the order, and leave out the back ordered goods until the next order.
Or wait for the rest. (In most worlds, this is a short turn around time, and the second option is used.)
But I don't have a clue as to who would make that call. Seems like Jake could, and say that the four speakers would have to go on the next order.
But he opted out. So I don't know if there is a leader. If this is a plurality, or all for one, one for all, etc.
Personally, if speed is so important, I would go with the option of shipping all available, and putting the four pieces on backorder till the next purchase.
I can refund his money until then.
I want to hear more from the rest of the group, or Jake if he were to want to go this route.