or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › statements center should i add a second mid?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

statements center should i add a second mid?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Have ordered the kit with completed cross over This will be my first build.if all goes well another year i will do the full size statements
need more time and money would it be better with another mid? seems it would be easy enough to add one more and would match the towers with them having two mids I feel it would not be a can of worms. I want this to be good enough i will use it for like the next 15 years or so with out the need to upgrade. when I get the towers I will power with a 200 x 3 amp I think thats all the power they can take am I wrong I added up the rms of all the speakers in each channel and would end up with about 200 wpc if the center had two mids
Would the center sound better with two mids or overkill or messing up a good thing already?I do like to be alittle on the overkill side
post #2 of 11
Leave it alone.
post #3 of 11
I personally think adding a second mid would work just fine, heck, you might even be able to use the existing crossover depending on how you wire/position the mid. I am very interested in hearing more about the Statements as I have been wanting to build some for a while now. I am stuck between building a trio of Statements or possibly a trio of Seos12's or 3-way Corn-Scalas. Ugggg, decisions decisions!
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas 1966 View Post

Have ordered the kit with completed cross over This will be my first build.if all goes well another year i will do the full size statements
need more time and money would it be better with another mid? seems it would be easy enough to add one more and would match the towers with them having two mids I feel it would not be a can of worms. I want this to be good enough i will use it for like the next 15 years or so with out the need to upgrade. when I get the towers I will power with a 200 x 3 amp I think thats all the power they can take am I wrong I added up the rms of all the speakers in each channel and would end up with about 200 wpc if the center had two mids
Would the center sound better with two mids or overkill or messing up a good thing already?I do like to be alittle on the overkill side


Oh and btw- you have a PM from me!
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

I personally think adding a second mid would work just fine, heck, you might even be able to use the existing crossover depending on how you wire/position the mid. I am very interested in hearing more about the Statements as I have been wanting to build some for a while now. I am stuck between building a trio of Statements or possibly a trio of Seos12's or 3-way Corn-Scalas. Ugggg, decisions decisions!

Statements are a bitch to build, I know because I've buit a pair. That being said, the person I built them for loves them. I should have kept them for myself. tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

For myself I'm building seos/td12m's.
post #6 of 11
You could add a second mid but the crossover would need to be redesigned if you still want it to sound as good as they do now.
post #7 of 11
Or, build the matching statements center that you want with the dual mids and a crossover designed for it.
http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=31523
post #8 of 11
Seems like that would defeat the purpose of a wtmw center, when you have side by side mids you limit the horizontal coverage.
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looneybomber View Post

Or, build the matching statements center that you want with the dual mids and a crossover designed for it.
http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=31523
read it good reading I have already placed the order for the mini center yesterday I just thought maybe I could just add a mid without changing the cross over stuff any I ordered the crossover work already done from Meniscus bought the whole kit with all the extras including shipping for $470
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
I guess I will just stick with not messing around with the design. I just thought maybe I could have just wired another mid to the crossover in paralell
but maybe not I have no idea what this center will sound like the only center I have ever heard is the one I am using a jbl es it is also a 3 way it sounds almost good enough to me
so after what I have read about the statements center I hope will be over the top making me rewatch allot of movies and when the buzz wears off and I have more money build the statements
full or mini I dont know yet I am thinking I will have a better Idea what the mini will sound like after building the center as they are the same parts I am running 4 es250 subs and I plan to build and add another sub someday to get more low so would I really be missing much with the mini statements if I am running with the 5 subs? I hope the center sounds great $500 is allot for my family
I have not told my wife I will not until she sees the parts or the credit card bill its too early to call it xmass.
post #11 of 11
I am going to be watching this thread like a hawk because I am saving up to build some Statements myself. I have read that as far as the full size versus mini Statements go, the mini's sound great but lack some of the mid-range depth and are not quite as full in the upper octaves. I am in the same boat, mini versus full size.

Btw- if anyone happens to have any of the Tang Band W4 1337's or Fountek Neo Cd3.0's or Dayton RS225-8's for sale, please let me know!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › statements center should i add a second mid?